X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

lmfao...I went to the Arena to watch the game on the big screens outside...

cell rings...and there's an available ticket...

you have to realize that I called everyone I knew that would have tickets...praying that someone had a vacation...got nothing...but gave them my number...

decided to goto the arena...and watch the game there...just in case...I didn't want to be 45 minutes away...and find out 5 minutes before the game...

I bought all the beer...

probably cost as much as the ticket...

I have to tell you...that crowd during the third period was as good as it gets...

and when Brind'Amour punched that goal in...

the roof literally flew off that building...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

I won't be able to go tomorrow...I'm co-teaching a summer course at State that starts tomorrow...

6-8:30...

I'm such a dumbass...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Pojo...you were THERE!!!!

I have to say, that was one of the most entertaining games in the Finals I can remember.

I like the logic behind your "gamble". Worst case, you still hear the crowd and be a part of it.

Brind'amour isn't going anywhere; Damn!
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Well...the great thing about it was I literally spent the day calling everyone I knew that I thought had tickets...and was up front...

"I'm calling you about tickets...and will pay you whatever..."

figuring most of these people would say...I wouldn't make you pay...

but everyone said they didn't have tickets...but would let me know...

I called the ticket office...and they said they were going to have big screens out there...along with everything else they do...pretty big shindig...bands...party...it was great...

so I took off...just to see what would happen...not even thinking about tickets...maybe seeing what was out there for scalpers...

well...$$$$$$...I talked to a couple of guys...and they were talking $300 for tickets...so I said fuck it...

cell literally rings at 7:30...while my friend Mark was on the way to the game...HE got tickets through a friend who was stuck in West Virginia white water rafting...so Mark and his friend rolled over to his apartment, the fiance gave him 3 tickets...and he called me last second hoping I could Make IT to the game by face off...

I was like...I'M ALREADY HERE!!!!

I saw 2 games in '02...when my connection was the president of the Hurricanes...lmfao...

but this was by far the best game...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Lucky bastard....

Let's just hope it goes 7 games.....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
              Carolina's too good...

no problem with you believing though...

and if they win...as Bug said...many...many props...
              Don't think us fans aren't shaking in our boots now! However, we are THE GREATEST FANS IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING NHL!
              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• SA ME WHO
                Roadie
                • Nov 2004

Is it just me or is Ty Conklin shouldering too much of the blame for the final Carolina goal?

I mean, he's one of only 2 people (3 in a stretch) that could be blamed, but, I think Jason Smith deserves as much blame as Conklin. He had to have not been able to see Brind'Amour or I'd think he'd have played that a helluva lot differently. (Though, I'm not sure that Conklin saw him until the last moment either, hence the hurried spin-a-roonie and poor pass.)

I mean, with Brind'Amour coming from what would have been Conklin's right (at the time), he should have stayed down the boards/on the red line for a pass from Conklin. To rush in there (with Rod coming off the other wing), he essentially put Conklin in a sandwich.

Chris Pronger and Ryan Smyth didn't provide any help at all (after letting Brind'Amour FLY through the offensive zone virtually untouched - I mean, I'm not advocating taking a penalty, but they let Brindy in and didn't get back and help out at all).

Did Conklin panic? Heck yeah! Does he deserve all the blame he's getting? Some, but I don't know about the amount that he's getting.

Check out the highlight on NHL.com and see if you don't agree.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Well...I've watched it a few times...and with less than a minute left in a tie game...

in that situation...with another Edmonton player there...and a Hurricane player rocketing towards the puck (and I agree that Brind'Amour should have been a bit more hampered), Conklin had no business leaving the crease...

Hockey 101...with less than a minute left...of a tie game...you protect the crease...period...

it was an amateur mistake...by a professional player...

that may very well cost them the series...even though it's early.

If they somehow win that game...with their goalie potentially out for the series...it would have been an incredible lift...

I don't know...I do think there were mistakes made leading up to that goal...but overall...Conklin fucked up...

one more thing...

Cam Ward gave up 4 goals...yes...but I've gotta tell you...some of the saves he made were flat out fucking incredible. This kid...once he gets his regular season nicks...is going to be a superstar...

and Carolina is a goalie rich season...

you might see Gerber in another sweater next year...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Taught the first half of the class today...got out early...

thought of making another attempt at the game...then thought not...

am home...ready to watch from my living room...by the way...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Carolina is drilling them right in the face...

SCORE!!!!

5-0...

great call on the 4th goal...

Edmonton is getting dominated right now...

I don't think the series is over...but Edmonton better fucking come up with something on Saturday...

Comment

• SA ME WHO
                        Roadie
                        • Nov 2004

So, do the Oilers forgive Conklin for the giveaway and give him the start in game 3 or does Jussi get another chance?

Comment

• Full Bug
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin

I don't think the series is over...but Edmonton better fucking come up with something on Saturday...
                          True, the Oilers came back down 2-0 against the Sharks, but your right, they gotta do something, they do play well at home though.....
                          Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Bug...no offense...but if you think that Carolina and San Jose even have the mildest in comparisons...you are mistaken...

not to mention the fact that the goalie that was playing against San Jose is resting and relaxing...

Edmonton isn't out of it...I definately agree...but if they play anything at all like they did in the third period...and they played as bad as anyone has against the Canes in the playoffs...then this series is over...

And Cam Ward just turns games with some of his saves...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

As good as San Jose was...Joe Thornton played like the wasted skin off a cunt in that series...

and without him...San Jose has no shot at winning anything...

Marleau played well...

but they just weren't the same team after the trip overtime...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

I'm not completely putting the final nail in Edmonton's coffin just yet....

I'd be shocked if Edmonton wins the series now, but like Bug said, Edmonton has a clear advantage playing at home....

The only crowd that I've heard this year that's as loud as the one in Edmonton is in Montreal...

So, although I think they'll split in Edmonton, I wouldn't be completely surprised if the Oilers take both at home....

Or maybe it's just me hoping for a 7th game....
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...