X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Cole did look strong...took some big hits too.

No free passes in the Stanley Cup Finals, concussion or not

If he can help them in game 7...what a story.
    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Angel
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
      I have to admit them singing the anthems are cool as hell...
      I think that's going to be my favourite memory from these playoffs. I have to admit, I am going to miss the classy folk of Edmonton when I move next week. They are really incredible!

What an incredible good-bye gift from the Oilers, though. Even if we don't win tonight (which we will), it's been one hell of a run, and the best Stanley Cup Playoffs in YEARS!

However, NEVER discount the Oil... Joey Moss needs another ring.

LET'S GO OILERS!!!! (See ya at the parade )
      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Kaberle with the slapshot, and off of the defender....

2-0 Canes....

Should be 3-0 after that disputed call....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Romeo Delight
          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

No, there was no evidence to award a goal, whatsoever...5 different angles showed nothing
          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

No, no...

Did you see the replay that was produced in the NBC truck after the 2nd period had started ?? They said it took about 15 minutes to produce...

After Staios had fallen, the puck squirted under his stomach and was clearly over the red line, by about an inch I'd say...

It wasn't part of the initial replays at the end of the period....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Matt White
              • Jun 2004

2-1

Could be a photo finish..................

Comment

• Full Bug
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                No, no...

Did you see the replay that was produced in the NBC truck after the 2nd period had started ?? They said it took about 15 minutes to produce...

After Staios had fallen, the puck squirted under his stomach and was clearly over the red line, by about an inch I'd say...

It wasn't part of the initial replays at the end of the period....
                Doesnt matter, the Oilers touched the puck before it went in on the delayed penalty call....Your watching NBC? No wonder they didnt call it right....
                Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Well...can't really stop the game for 15 minutes.

I still haven't seen that, although I am busy writing and watching the game
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Full Bug
                    Doesnt matter, the Oilers touched the puck before it went in on the delayed penalty call....Your watching NBC? No wonder they didnt call it right....

That's right...if the first touch was a hand by the Oiler, it should be a penalty shot...not a goal.
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Full Bug
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

What a series, congrats to the Canes....
                      Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Matt White
                        • Jun 2004

Congrats STEPH!!!

Comment

• Full Bug
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
                          That's right...if the first touch was a hand by the Oiler, it should be a penalty shot...not a goal.
                          Doesnt matter anyway, here is what the NHL said about it.....

Carolina was denied a penalty shot with five seconds left in the first period after Staios flopped on the puck in his team's crease. Referee Bill McCreary originally indicated a penalty shot by pointing to centre, but a video review ruled out a penalty shot and led to a faceoff in the Edmonton end. Director of officiating Stephen Walkom explained during intermission that play was deemed dead as soon as Staios pulled the puck out of the air near the goal-line because there was a delayed penalty being called on Edmonton's Ethan Moreau.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Great series.

I'm just happy I don't have to hear about the Oilers being champions all of next year.

It would have been too much to bear, considering the 'Nucks gave them their playoff berth.

Great job Oilers. A lot of heart by both teams.
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• SA ME WHO
                              Roadie
                              • Nov 2004

Wow, what a Game 7! I didn't breathe much the last 17+ minutes. (Or at least regularly!)

Such a hard fought series (if not by both teams on the same night). But Cam Ward really did pull off some grandstanding saves; a deserving Conn Smythe trophy winner.

Congrats 'Canes (and Oilers). Already looking forward to the draft this Saturday. Let's go Pens! Draft a stud! We need some help for Sid.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

GGGGOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

Okay...what a day...and all day affair for me...

let me get it started...one piece at a time...

after a fiasco of a father's day in which my son managed to graffiti the bathroom...

I decided today would be Dad's day...so I decided at about 9 AM to head down to the RBC...with a rather intriguing sign...hoping for a ticket...

the sign:

I'm a teacher: Will Tutor for Tickets
                                I just need one

Exactly what it said....

I got down outside the arena at about 10. The parking lot wasn't open...so I parked at my old apartment...and walked the half mile...

wearing the sign...
                                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Working...