Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 134950515253545556575859606162636465666768 LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,520 of 2710

Thread: The Official NHL Thread

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Well penis puffer, why aren't the Mets "run properly?" Because they're treated like a second run, ghetto team. The Leafs surly have trouble competing but they're in no way teetering financially because of the sheep that lap them up!
    Treated by who? How does management get "treated like a second run, ghetto team"?

You utter a lot of retarded statements, but a baseball team getting mistreated is one of your all time most ignorant statements ever. Waaaa, a professional baseball team is mistreated! Waaaa!

Have you ever been to a Mets game? I have. The stadium (the old one, not the fancy new one the poor mistreated souls work and play in) was fucking jam packed with diehard fans at a 1:00 pm game in the middle of the week. In fact, I went to a 1:00 pm Mets game, and then went to Yankee Stadium that evening for a Yankees vs Tigers game. Both experiences were phenomenal, and the Mets game actually felt more like I was watching a game with a bunch of hardcore baseball fans, than at Yankee Stadium, with a bunch of whiny assholes. The friendliness of the fans between the two stadiums, was night and day.

If Brendan Shanahan learned as much from Ken Holland as Steve Yzerman seems to have, the Leafs will be turning around. If the NHL put another franchise in Toronto, and the team put in the right management, they would fucking thrive like nobodies business. FACT!!

Do the Bills toil in mediocrity because they're "mistreated"? Do the Lions toil in mediocrity because they're "mistreated"?

Oh, wait. That's the same excuse you use for the poor black welfare recipients that have ruined your city, and every other major city in this Country. "It's not their fault, they're mistreated".
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Read above post! How can tickets be 'subsidized' when the team is forced to raise the ticket prices? Does that make any fucking sense to you? Really?
    honestly Nick this is so pointless.

They receive revenue sharing...which is a subsidy. Agreed, correct?

The Sabres raised ticket prices so that under the formula in the collective agreement they receive the most revenue sharing possible from the league...to maximize the subsidy.

This is published in several articles on the webz. The Sabres are engaging in subsidy maximization because they charge less for tix (despite the increase) compared to the bigger markets.

Toronto on the other hand could have 3 other teams, each of which would not suffer this fate...they would be supporting other have-nots versus taking from the revenue sharing coffers. This is really all I am saying.

Having said that I don't believe in shutting down team just because they are smaller markets.
    Last edited by Romeo Delight; 05-17-2015 at 12:44 PM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

Let's focus on what's important.. FUCK the rangers.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Delight View Post
    Having said that I don't believe in shutting down team just because they are smaller markets.
    Tell me about it, The Panthers are mentioned in relocation rumors that always start up north.. The toronto hockey mindset is a fucking joke! At least if they had a decent team...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

"A clause in the NHL’s collective bargaining agreement gives the team incentive to continually raise its prices. The CBA dictates that clubs that receive revenue sharing must keep pace with the league’s average ticket price. If the teams fall below 75 percent of the average, they “shall be required to submit to the league and Revenue Sharing Oversight Committee a forward-looking three-year business plan to establish a framework for improving its financial performance.”

"The Sabres are continuing their practice of refunding part of the season-ticket cost in the form of a rebate card that can be used in the arena or at HarborCenter. The rebate was 6.5 percent last year to offset the price increase, but it has returned to its previous level of 2.5 percent."

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/0...eason-tickets/

LOL...looks like the Sabres are masters of the subsidy/rebate program. Quite sophisticated!

Looking at this though, it looks like the ticket prices are getting up there:

http://www.rock106.ca/2013/10/17/nhl...-all-30-teams/
    Last edited by Romeo Delight; 05-17-2015 at 12:45 PM.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The other things that list of avg ticket prices tells me is if the Leafs can be an avg price of 360 plus and rising every year at a breakneck pace despite having a horrible team, don't you think the market could stand another team? It is screaming opportunity...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The other things that list of avg ticket prices tells me is if the Leafs can be an avg price of 360 plus and rising every year at a breakneck pace despite having a horrible team, don't you think the market could stand another team? It is screaming opportunity...
    Why can't they just fix the team they have now? Let the rest of NA have some teams.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Von Halen View Post
    Treated by who? How does management get "treated like a second run, ghetto team"?
    You tell me, Von. How are they doing after all these years? still sucking large penises?

Look I hate the Yankess and would love to have the Mets best them. But does anyone give a shit about the Mets? Does Jeter or (G)A(Y)Rod play for them? Can anyone name a Met outside hardcore fans?

You utter a lot of retarded statements, but a baseball team getting mistreated is one of your all time most ignorant statements ever. Waaaa, a professional baseball team is mistreated! Waaaa!
    Oh my Von! is this your legendary Strawman faggotry? Where did I say that?

Retard.

Have you ever been to a Mets game?
    Thank goodness NO!!!

I have.
    Let me get you your fucking medal for attending a Mets game!!

The stadium (the old one, not the fancy new one the poor mistreated souls work and play in) was fucking jam packed with diehard fans at a 1:00 pm game in the middle of the week. In fact, I went to a 1:00 pm Mets game, and then went to Yankee Stadium that evening for a Yankees vs Tigers game. Both experiences were phenomenal, and the Mets game actually felt more like I was watching a game with a bunch of hardcore baseball fans, than at Yankee Stadium, with a bunch of whiny assholes. The friendliness of the fans between the two stadiums, was night and day.
    That's nice! So they play in a second-run shithole compared to Yank-peenis stadium... Okay...

If Brendan Shanahan learned as much from Ken Holland as Steve Yzerman seems to have, the Leafs will be turning around. If the NHL put another franchise in Toronto, and the team put in the right management, they would fucking thrive like nobodies business. FACT!!
    I'm sure they could. But new franchisees never prosper no matter what. But yes, I think I concurred that Toronto can support two teams. Maybe not as well as assumed, but yes the masses will attend...

Do the Bills toil in mediocrity because they're "mistreated"? Do the Lions toil in mediocrity because they're "mistreated"?
    No! They toiled in mediocrity because they had a (previous) cheap owner that refused to pay management and coaches...

Oh, wait. That's the same excuse you use for the poor black welfare recipients that have ruined your city, and every other major city in this Country. "It's not their fault, they're mistreated".
    Oh look, Strawbitch Von is back!!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

honestly Nick this is so pointless.

They receive revenue sharing...which is a subsidy. Agreed, correct?

It is pointless, because you're full of shit and reaching! You said nothing about "subsidies", you were talking about bribing fans with a two-for-one for tickets. Get your fucking stories straight bro!!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    Let's focus on what's important.. FUCK the rangers.
    Well, YEAH!!!

11. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

VAiN (05-18-2015)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

"A clause in the NHL’s collective bargaining agreement gives the team incentive to continually raise its prices. The CBA dictates that clubs that receive revenue sharing must keep pace with the league’s average ticket price. If the teams fall below 75 percent of the average, they “shall be required to submit to the league and Revenue Sharing Oversight Committee a forward-looking three-year business plan to establish a framework for improving its financial performance.”

"The Sabres are continuing their practice of refunding part of the season-ticket cost in the form of a rebate card that can be used in the arena or at HarborCenter. The rebate was 6.5 percent last year to offset the price increase, but it has returned to its previous level of 2.5 percent."

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/0...eason-tickets/

LOL...looks like the Sabres are masters of the subsidy/rebate program. Quite sophisticated!

Looking at this though, it looks like the ticket prices are getting up there:

http://www.rock106.ca/2013/10/17/nhl...-all-30-teams/
    NO FUCKING SHIT!! I TOLD YOU ALL THIS.

You're an idiot Romeo, go suck Zack Kassians dick and make him feel better for being a total bust!! FFS!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I NEVER FUCKING SAID THEY COULDN'T!!

I only said Ontario can't support the FIVE FUCKING TEAMS you think they can!!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Romeo Delight=My argument sucks! I'll change it!!!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-16-2024 @ 07:09 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    Why can't they just fix the team they have now? Let the rest of NA have some teams.
    Ah ha! funny the maple laffe can't be fixed..ever... from this point on ..my opinion of Shanahan is he cant turn this team around. This team is a nightmare....they have the best hockey fans ever.............Montreal fans would never accept to support a loser team since 1967.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by So this is love View Post
    Ah ha! funny the maple laffe can't be fixed..ever... from this point on ..my opinion of Shanahan is he cant turn this team around. This team is a nightmare....they have the best hockey fans ever.............Montreal fans would never accept to support a loser team since 1967.
    The Maple Laughs can be fixed! They're not that far away. But you're right, the mindless corporate segment of their fanbase are their own worst enemy...

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,061 Posts

Blog Entries
    KERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIISSSSST those were the most boring playoff games I've seen the NHL spew out in some time.

Chicago is a god damn joke; the Rangers can eat a dick as well.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Nick...you have lost your mind. lol.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I NEVER FUCKING SAID THEY COULDN'T!!

I only said Ontario can't support the FIVE FUCKING TEAMS you think they can!!
    If California can support 3, and New York 4 teams, then Toronto and surrounding area can support at least 3 more, yes

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Romeo Delight=My argument sucks! I'll change it!!!
    Yeah, more like I am open for discussion here while you seem to really like to get belligerent, claim ultimate interwebs supremacy, and draw lines in the sand, not unlike your political "discussions". Too bad really.

I mean how much time have the two of us wasted rehashing your distinction surrounding ticket subsidy versus revenue sharing as a subsidy...a subsidy is a subsidy man...so painful. The Sabres tickets are subsidized. Just admit it...you wont though. Its the parking that is subsidized....lol And the hot dogs.
    And the heat and electricity...but NOT the tickets.
    Last edited by Romeo Delight; 05-18-2015 at 02:43 AM.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Crosby joins exclusive Triple Gold Club

http://www.tsn.ca/crosby-joins-exclu...-club-1.285326

In what has already been a remarkable hockey career, Sidney Crosby became a member of the exclusive Triple Gold Club on Sunday.

With Canada's win over Russia, Crosby now has a World Hockey Championship gold medal to go with his two Olympic gold medals and one Stanley Cup championship.

There are 26 players and one coach to win the three greatest team awards in the sport.

The Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia native becomes the ninth Canadian in the group, joining Patrice Bergeron, Rob Blake, Scott Niedermayer, Chris Pronger, Joe Sakic, Brendan Shanahan, Eric Staal and Jonathan Toews. Canadian Mike Babcock is the lone coach on the list.

Crosby led the Pittsburgh Penguins to a Stanley Cup victory in 2009 in what would become the start of a storybook year ahead.

In February of 2010, he scored the game-winning goal to help Canada defeat the United States in the gold medal game on home soil at the Vancouver Olympics.

Four years later in Sochi, he was named captain of the Olympic team and led Canada to a successful defence of their gold medal, beating Sweden in the final.

Crosby also played in two World Junior Hockey Championships, taking home silver in 2004 and then returning to win gold in 2005.

The following year, he made his first appearance at the World Hockey Hockey Championship, leading the tournament in scoring and earning top forward honours for Canada, which finished fourth.

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-09-2022 @ 10:36 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,465 Times in 1,023 Posts

Only fags debate how many teams some shitty city in Canuckia can support.

Sid the sis is still a overrated cunt.

Nick, stop cheering for those shitty buffalo teams and become a Detroit fan

23. Thanked TFM_Dale for this KICKASS post:

Kristy (05-18-2015)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, more like I am open for discussion here while you seem to really like to get belligerent, claim ultimate interwebs supremacy, and draw lines in the sand, not unlike your political "discussions". Too bad really.

I mean how much time have the two of us wasted rehashing your distinction surrounding ticket subsidy versus revenue sharing as a subsidy...a subsidy is a subsidy man...so painful. The Sabres tickets are subsidized. Just admit it...you wont though. Its the parking that is subsidized....lol And the hot dogs.
    And the heat and electricity...but NOT the tickets.
    I'm open to discussion as well. But I get frustrated when people make silly arguments or completely change their argument. Dude, you're like the reverse strawman, you're simply changing your argument. Again, your point was that the Sabres have a large season ticket base because they give them away. The TEAM is subsidized through revenue sharing to an extent, but the TICKETS are not since they are going up despite the fact the Sabres are near the cap floor and are very profitable with or without revenue sharing. Does that make sense?

How the fuck would a fan notice their tickets being "subsidized" when they've increased them three times in two years?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TFM_Dale View Post
    Only fags debate how many teams some shitty city in Canuckia can support.

Sid the sis is still a overrated cunt.

Nick, stop cheering for those shitty buffalo teams and become a Detroit fan
    We'll just take your coach...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Flamma, stop arguing with the resident retard. I think I'll change his username to NickDElvis.

He comes on here and talks about the Mets being "treated like a second run, ghetto team", then wants to know where he ever said they were mistreated. Fucking moron.

I have no idea what a "strawman" is, but I'll take it as a compliment if it is coming from NickDElvis.

By the way, the Mets play in a beautiful new stadium NickDDumbass. Both the Yankees and the Mets opened brand new stadiums in the same year. I'm surprised they bothered, since they're "treated like a second run, ghetto team".

Unlike Met's fan, you're a fair weather fan. Flamma and I have both proven that. You don't even know enough about Buffalo's teams, to slag them properly.

Now go back to the political forum, where you know even less than you know about sports.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm open to discussion as well. But I get frustrated when people make silly arguments or completely change their argument. Dude, you're like the reverse strawman, you're simply changing your argument. Again, your point was that the Sabres have a large season ticket base because they give them away. The TEAM is subsidized through revenue sharing to an extent, but the TICKETS are not since they are going up despite the fact the Sabres are near the cap floor and are very profitable with or without revenue sharing. Does that make sense?

How the fuck would a fan notice their tickets being "subsidized" when they've increased them three times in two years?
    Sometimes you just have to say uncle...but for shits and giggles....

Nick...the sabres only raise ticket prices so they can capture the subsidy from the league...then they give it all back to the season ticket holders anyways

The subsidy is the revenue sharing. Sweet mother of god...

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Nick...the sabres only raise ticket prices so they can capture the subsidy from the league...then they give it all back to the season ticket holders anyways

Flamma, did you enjoy picking on the "special" kids in school?

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-08-2018 @ 02:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    KERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIISSSSST those were the most boring playoff games I've seen the NHL spew out in some time.

Chicago is a god damn joke; the Rangers can eat a dick as well.

Blackhawks are going to outshoot the shit out of the Ducks,but this time the pucks will be in the back of the net. I still say Hawks vs. Rangers in Finals. Original 6 destiny

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Flamma, stop arguing with the resident retard. I think I'll change his username to NickDElvis.

He comes on here and talks about the Mets being "treated like a second run, ghetto team", then wants to know where he ever said they were mistreated. Fucking moron.

I have no idea what a "strawman" is, but I'll take it as a compliment if it is coming from NickDElvis.

By the way, the Mets play in a beautiful new stadium NickDDumbass. Both the Yankees and the Mets opened brand new stadiums in the same year. I'm surprised they bothered, since they're "treated like a second run, ghetto team".

Unlike Met's fan, you're a fair weather fan. Flamma and I have both proven that. You don't even know enough about Buffalo's teams, to slag them properly.

Now go back to the political forum, where you know even less than you know about sports.

Fuck you!! You take that back, Von Kristy!!!

31. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Von Halen (05-19-2015)

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Okay Flamma! You're right!

They give back to the season ticket holders!

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

lol. Yeah season ticket holders are broke...first world problems.

Babcock may end up with the Sabres? Could be interesting.

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Take 'Em View Post
    Blackhawks are going to outshoot the shit out of the Ducks,but this time the pucks will be in the back of the net. I still say Hawks vs. Rangers in Finals. Original 6 destiny
    Another triple fucking overtime win for the Hawks. They actually got outshot but know how to win in OT. Suck it Anaheim!!!! Back to HawkeyTown and bring on the Rangers.....

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

no love lost for kesler go hawks

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

no love lost for kesler go hawks
    You wouldn't love to have him on your team?

That was some good hockey. Nice to see Toews giving it back Kessler and those hard hitting Ducks.

I love the physical play.

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That was some good hockey. Nice to see Toews giving it back Kessler and those hard hitting Ducks.

Hawks have hated him since Vancouver and the Sedin Sisters rivalry they used to have. I would not mind having him as a Blackhawk.. Would give more support to the rest of the 178LB Goal Scoring guys on the team. We have enough of them. Toews can't do it all by himself.......

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hawks have hated him since Vancouver and the Sedin Sisters rivalry they used to have. I would not mind having him as a Blackhawk.. Would give more support to the rest of the 178LB Goal Scoring guys on the team. We have enough of them. Toews can't do it all by himself.......
    Yeah. They were talking about how frustrated Kane is, during the game last night. He needs to man up. If he can beat up a cab driver over 20 cents, he can man up to the Ducks!

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well, he had a no trade clause and wanted out. Gave the Canucks the choices of Anaheim, or Anaheim...ass

Here is the thing about Kesler...a beast of course and great on face-offs.

But he is a centreman who doesn't score too many goals and doesn't set up his wingers very well. He is a shoot first centreman.

What I am saying is he doesn't make his line mates better. I always thought he would be a better winger but he wants to play centre.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sedin "sisters"...right. Those two are some of the toughest players in the league. Just try and get the puck off of them in the offensive zone. Can't be done

"It goes to 11."
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sedin "sisters"...right. Those two are some of the toughest players in the league. Just try and get the puck off of them in the offensive zone. Can't be done
    I never said they were not solid and skilled players. We just like calling them the "Sedin Sisters".....

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Don't get flamma crying about another pussy player lol.

Babcock gets 8 years and 50 million from Toronto. That is absolutely insane. I'm glad the Wings didn't try and match that. He is a good coach but no coach is worth that money in the NHL.

43. 3 users say thank you to TFM_Dale for this KICKASS post:

Angel (05-21-2015),Romeo Delight (05-20-2015),VAiN (05-24-2015)

Von loves Brady
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

We'll just take your coach...
    Nope, and you should be happy about it.

Thread Information