X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Shit...going to check the rumor lines as we speak...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

We had better sign Jovo, with Allen gone.

Auld is good, but not spectacular.

I did have a feeling from last year, but, being the Canucks, doubted those instincts
      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

The Penguins' sale process is accelerating, according to two men who identify themselves as serious bidders. It's believed there are interested parties who have not been identified who want to relocate the team to various cities in Canada, Houston or Las Vegas.
        -- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Unless the Blues are wowed by a last-minute trade proposal, general manager Larry Pleau said Thursday the club will use the No. 1 overall pick in the NHL entry draft on defenseman Erik Johnson.
          -- St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Even though former Penguins right winger Aleksey Morozov has agreed to a three-year deal to remain in Russia, he still has the option of returning to the NHL this fall, according to his agent. Jay Grossman, who represents Morozov, confirmed yesterday that Morozov has accepted a contract that would tie him to Ak Bars Kazan in the Russian Super League but added that, contrary to reports out of Russia, he remains free to negotiate with NHL clubs.
            -- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Roddy isn't going anywhere...

we signed our Captain to a cap friendly 5 year deal...

instead of the 5.3 he was to take next year...he took a cut to 4 mill...which he'll make the next 3 years...

and then 3 million the final 2...

Nice...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Hurricanes agree to terms with Brind'Amour on 5-year deal
                June 23, 2006
                CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

RALEIGH, N.C. -- The Carolina Hurricanes have agreed to terms with Rod Brind'Amour for a new five-year contract worth $18 million, keeping the veteran captain with the franchise he led to the Stanley Cup.

Advertisement

The new contract announced by the team Friday will pay him $4 million in each of the first three years and $3 million in each of the last two seasons. It replaces an option that the team and Brind'Amour had for next season, the final year of a six-year extension he signed in September 2001.

The team had an option to keep Brind'Amour for $5.32 million, while Brind'Amour had a player option of about $3 million. Now, the Hurricanes have locked up their do-everything leader until he is 40 years old.

"There is no substitute for having a player as dedicated and determined as Rod to lead the team," general manager and president Jim Rutherford said.

Brind'Amour, who will be 36 entering next season, finished his 17th regular season with 31 goals and 39 assists. He ranked third in the NHL in faceoff percentage (59.1 percent) and led NHL forwards with an average of more than 24 minutes of ice time per game. He tied for eighth in the league with 19 power-play goals.

He followed that by ranking second in the postseason with 12 goals, including two of the biggest in the team's history.

On the first, he scored the go-ahead, third-period goal in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals to help Carolina beat Buffalo. Then, with overtime looming in Game 1 of the finals against Edmonton, Brind'Amour stole a botched exchange behind the net and scored in the final minute to cap a rally from a three-goal deficit in the 5-4 victory.

On Thursday, Brind'Amour won the Frank J. Selke Trophy as the league's best defensive forward.

AP NEWS
                The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2005-2006, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Jordan Staal, C: Brother No. 3 in hockey's new royal family, Jordan could turn out to be one of the bigger stories of the draft if the Carolina Hurricanes make a rumored move and trade up to get him. Several reports, which he has confirmed hearing, claim the Hurricanes will trade their top pick last year, defenseman Jack Johnson, to Pittsburgh for the second pick and a shot at Jordan. The Hurricanes already have 22-year-old brother Eric, who merely led the playoffs in scoring. Another brother, Marc, is expected to join the New York Rangers defense next season. The fourth brother, 15-year-old Jared, will play major junior next season. Jordan Staal is a little bigger than Eric, but probably not quite as skilled, but scouts say there are several similarities in their games.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

The interesting rumor here in Raleigh is that the Islanders are trying to get back Laviolette...

his contract is up on July 1...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Now that the Luongo issue is resolved

Where is Chris pronger going?

Apparently some "personal issues" of a family nature surfaced during the regular season and the Oil hoped that the success of the playoffs would help alleviate them, but alas, no.

The Edmonton Oilers are in the midst of what could be a severe shakeup to their roster just days after their Game 7 Stanley Cup Final loss.

NHL sources indicate that Oilers' defenceman Chris Pronger has requested a trade from the club based on "personal, family considerations."

"I think they're more rumblings than anything," Oilers GM Kevin Lowe responded Friday evening. "I'm pretty focused on the draft right now I don't want to get too much into player personnel stuff."

When asked if Pronger had asked to be traded, Lowe responded: "He hasn't' asked me. I'll just leave it at that."

"We just got over a seven-game series in the Stanley Cup finals and there seems to be a lot of discussion about this and I'm not sure where it's coming from," added Lowe. "Let's put it this way. Why would we want to trade Chris Pronger?"

"One thing I've learned in my five or six years as a manager is that stuff tends to out of right field for whatever reasons. It can be agendas, hidden agendas, certain motivations, so nothing surprises me."

However, agent Pat Morris told TSN a trade request has now been made on behalf of his client.

In 80 games with the Oilers this season, Pronger scored 12 goals and 56 points and was a Conn Smythe Trophy candidate through Edmonton's postseason run.

Pronger finished third in postseason scoring with five goals and 16 assists in 24 games.

The St. Louis Blues traded Pronger to Edmonton last August for defencemen Eric Brewer, Doug Lynch and Jeff Woywitka. The veteran defenceman is entering the second year of a five-year contract worth $6.25 million US per year.

Pronger, 31, has played in four NHL all-star games and is a three-time Olympian. The six-foot-six native of Dryden, Ont., has 456 points including 106 goals in 802 NHL games. He won the Hart and Norris trophies in 2000, and was the first player to do so since Bobby Orr in 1972.

He was the No. 2 pick by Hartford in the 1993 NHL Draft and played two seasons with the Whalers before being dealt to the St. Louis Blues for forward Brendan Shanahan.
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I think Ward was a fine choice for Conn Smythe.

But...don't you think Pronger was more deserving? A monster throughout the playoffs and he was 3rd leading scorer. Basically did everything but play goal. Wait, he did kick a few out of the crease!
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
                          Now that the Luongo issue is resolved

Where is Chris pronger going?

Apparently some "personal issues" of a family nature surfaced during the regular season and the Oil hoped that the success of the playoffs would help alleviate them, but alas, no.

The Edmonton Oilers are in the midst of what could be a severe shakeup to their roster just days after their Game 7 Stanley Cup Final loss.

NHL sources indicate that Oilers' defenceman Chris Pronger has requested a trade from the club based on "personal, family considerations."

"I think they're more rumblings than anything," Oilers GM Kevin Lowe responded Friday evening. "I'm pretty focused on the draft right now I don't want to get too much into player personnel stuff."

When asked if Pronger had asked to be traded, Lowe responded: "He hasn't' asked me. I'll just leave it at that."

"We just got over a seven-game series in the Stanley Cup finals and there seems to be a lot of discussion about this and I'm not sure where it's coming from," added Lowe. "Let's put it this way. Why would we want to trade Chris Pronger?"

"One thing I've learned in my five or six years as a manager is that stuff tends to out of right field for whatever reasons. It can be agendas, hidden agendas, certain motivations, so nothing surprises me."

However, agent Pat Morris told TSN a trade request has now been made on behalf of his client.

In 80 games with the Oilers this season, Pronger scored 12 goals and 56 points and was a Conn Smythe Trophy candidate through Edmonton's postseason run.

Pronger finished third in postseason scoring with five goals and 16 assists in 24 games.

The St. Louis Blues traded Pronger to Edmonton last August for defencemen Eric Brewer, Doug Lynch and Jeff Woywitka. The veteran defenceman is entering the second year of a five-year contract worth $6.25 million US per year.

Pronger, 31, has played in four NHL all-star games and is a three-time Olympian. The six-foot-six native of Dryden, Ont., has 456 points including 106 goals in 802 NHL games. He won the Hart and Norris trophies in 2000, and was the first player to do so since Bobby Orr in 1972.

He was the No. 2 pick by Hartford in the 1993 NHL Draft and played two seasons with the Whalers before being dealt to the St. Louis Blues for forward Brendan Shanahan.

A hot rumor, Pens and Oilers talking Pronger for #2 pick....

WOW..... Let's see if that one comes to fruition....

That would wipe out a bunch of the Pens' defensive liabilities....

Gonchar, Orpik, Welch, Pronger....

Hmmm, yeah, I'd take that.....

BTW, I'm reading that the "personal reasons" are that he and his old lady don't like living in Edmonton....
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Fucking Bitch.

Calgary is nicer than Edmonton.

Vancouver is nicer than both by far.

Pronger is only getting traded to an Eastern team, I can guarantee
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

No offense, but I would like to know what Pittsburgh offers that Edmonton doesn't?

More Taco Bell's?

I know that some NBA'ers didn't like the fact their kids weren't being educated in the US.

What do they want? Their kids to pledge their allegiance to the flag?

I am all about being loyal to one's country, but I always found that type of stuff a little creepy to subject our children to. Brainwashing?

I have no idea if Pronger's wife is american, but I find it hard to believe that he would ant out of a Canadian city after just signing a long-term deal. Did he cheat on his wife?
                              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Hold the phone...

Also hearing about the possibility of Pronger to Florida....

Keenan's got a major bug up his ass this weekend.....
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...