Thread: The Official NHL Thread

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

your all way off!

It's Sittler, Lanny MacDonald, and Wendy!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

guwapo_rocker
    I'll trade Domi for Wendy....
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-09-2017 @ 06:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    Big...big rumor for the Toronto fans...that will save your season...
    It appears that Ron Francis is going to play this year...at age 57...for Toronto...
    You guys are in...
    I would still rather have him then Domi....

guwapo_rocker

Osgood returns to Detroit

8/8/2005 3:33:37 PM

Chris Osgood is going back to Detroit. TSN has learned that the veteran goaltender has signed a one-year deal for $900,000.

In Red Wings history, only Terry Sawchuk has posted more wins and shutouts than Osgood, who recorded 221 wins and 30 shutouts for Detroit between 1993 and 2001. Osgood back-stopped the Wings to their second straight Stanley Cup title in 1998.

His NHL totals include 305 wins, 41 shutouts, and a 2.44 goals against average. His playoff record is 44-33 with a 2.22 goals aginst average.

Osgood, was drafted by the Detroit Red Wings in the 3rd round (54th overall) in 1991. He shared the William Jennings Trophy for the lowest goals against average with teammate Mike Vernon in 1995-96.

In September of 2001, he was claimed by the New York Islanders in the NHL waiver draft. He was traded to the St. Louis Blues at the 2003 trade deadline. In his last NHL season, Osgood showed he could still play, posting a 31-25-8 record with the Blues, including a 2.24 goals against average.

Curtis Joseph, who was the Red Wings' last starting goaltender, is an unrestricted free agent. Detroit now has two goaltenders under contract: Manny Legace is scheduled to make $1.162 million this season.

Link

guwapo_rocker

Bertuzzi reinstated for start of season

Canadian Press

8/8/2005 6:44:47 PM

NEW YORK (CP) - The National Hockey League has decided Todd Bertuzzi has been punished enough.

The Vancouver Canucks star, who was suspended indefinitely by the NHL in March 2004 for attacking former Colorado Avalanche forward Steve Moore, is "immediately eligible" to return to the ice, the NHL announced Monday.

Commissioner Gary Bettman, noting Bertuzzi had been unable to play hockey anywhere during the lockout that wiped out the 2003-04 season, said a 17-month suspension was "the appropriate sanction."

"I believe that Mr. Bertuzzi is genuinely remorseful and apologetic for his actions on March 8, 2004, and the consequences that have flowed from such actions," Bettman said.
    Related Info

* Text of Bettman's ruling on Bertuzzi

But he warned Bertuzzi that he was "on probation" for the 2005-06 season.

"Mr. Bertuzzi is on notice that he will be held strictly accountable to a higher standard than other NHL players for his on-ice conduct during the 2005-06 season," he said.

Bertuzzi was suspended for the remaining 13 regular-season games of the 2003-04 season and the playoffs, which lasted only seven games for Vancouver after the Canucks lost to Calgary in the first round.

Bertuzzi's suspension also cost him a chance for play for Canada in the September 2004 World Cup of Hockey and the May 2005 IIHF world hockey championship. The IIHF respected the NHL's suspension and wouldn't let him play in Europe during the lockout.

The suspension cost Bertuzzi $501,926.39 US in salary. Bettman said Bertuzzi told him he had also lost another $350,000 in endorsements.

Hockey Canada has already sent a request to the Canucks that Bertuzzi be available for a Team Canada Olympic training camp next week in Vancouver and Kelowna.

"I'm glad the NHL has finally stepped in and put him back in the game and reinstated him," Wayne Gretzky, Team Canada's executive director, told TSN in an interview. "Nobody condones what Todd did. I'm sure he'd be the first one to tell you it was a mistake.

"But you know it's time to move forward. We will invite him to our training camp. He's an elite player and I expect him to have a great year and be part of Team Canada come February in Italy."

In December in Vancouver, Bertuzzi pleaded guilty to assault causing bodily harm and received a conditional discharge. He was sentenced to a year's probation and 80 hours of community service.

Part of that probation was that Bertuzzi not play hockey or engage "in any other sporting activity involving Mr. Moore as a participant."

"Subject to the continuing terms of the conditional discharge in Mr. Bertuzzi's criminal case and the `probationary period' which this decision imposes, Mr. Bertuzzi is immediately eligible for reinstatement for play in the NHL," Bettman said.

Moore, now a free agent without a club, sustained a broken neck, cuts and a concussion.

Asked about Moore's health, lawyer Tim Danson said Moore has improved to the point where he is attempting to train.

"He is trying to train," Danson said Monday prior to the announcement. "He's trying to get back to where he was. There's challenges, He's moving along."

"He is determined to make a full recovery and resume his NHL career," Danson added. "However he has suffered very serious injuries and a serious head injury. He has to defer to the experts with respect to where he goes from here. Even if you make a full recovery by appearances, concussion injuries are a different kind of injury."

Moore has filed a civil suit in Denver naming Bertuzzi, former Canucks forward Brad May, Canucks coach Marc Crawford, former GM Brian Burke and Orca Bay Sports and Entertainment, which owns the team.

Bettman's 4,500-word decision was released the same day that Gretzky announced he was taking over as coach of the Phoenix Coyotes.

The commissioner said he believed Bertuzzi "has paid a very significant price for his conduct on March 8, 2004."

"I anticipate that there will be those who will say that Mr. Bertuzzi's 17-month suspension is inadequate, and not proportionate to suspensions imposed on other players for conduct that may be considered `less severe' than Mr. Bertuzzi's actions because of the work stoppage that wiped out the entire 2004-05 NHL season," said Bettman. "I disagree.

"In light of the unusual circumstances surrounding the 2004-05 season, it is appropriate to consider not only the significant impact the suspension has had on Mr. Bertuzzi's NHL career, but also the impact that the league's suspension has had on Mr. Bertuzzi's ability to play professional hockey anywhere during this time, as well as the financial, criminal, civil and emotional consequences he has endured as a result of his conduct on March 8, 2004."

Danson, meanwhile, said prior to the league announcement that Moore had undergone a comprehensive medical evaluation at the Cleveland Clinic in June. A follow-up examine is being conducted this week.

The results of that examination won't be known until at least the end of the month.

Link

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Bertuzzi is in the shape of his life!

Look out NHL!!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Now there's a non-bias opinion for ya....

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Pittsburgh might be OK, as well

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

This had been reported as Burke already being signed by the Pens, but the Pens have denied that any agreement is in place yet...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...09_141625_5100

Pens chasing Burke

Sportsnet.ca -- The challenge of surrounding young prospects with experience continues in Pittsburgh.

Sportsnet has learned the Penguins are holding ongoing negotiations with veteran goaltender Sean Burke to take some of the burden off Marc-Andre Fleury.

Sources tell Sportsnet the two parties are discussing a contract believed to be worth $3 million over two years. Should a deal be finalized, Burke is expected to handle the majority of Pittsburgh netminding duties this season.

Burke was picked 24th overall in the 1985 entry draft by the New Jersey Devils and has since spent time in Hartford, Carolina, Vancouver Florida and Phoenix. He most recently finished his second stint in Philadelphia.

Burke broke into the league with the Devils towards the end of the 1987-88 season and has appeared in 762 games while recording 304 wins.

The Penguins have been busy adding experience to a young team that includes Fleury, top pick in last month's draft Sidney Crosby and Russian prospect Evgeni Malkin. Among the veterans the club has already lured to Pittsburgh are right winger Zigmund Palffy and defenceman Sergei Gonchar.

Scuderi appeared in 13 games for Pittsburgh during the 2003-04 season recording three points and four penalty minutes.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thibault

Pittsburgh got Thibault from Chicago for a 4th-rounder??

Welcome to the wonderful world of salary caps!

A great pick-up for them

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Fuckin-A bro, gotta love it....

Burke decided to go to Tampa, for about 200 grand more and living in Florida with his family instead of Pittsburgh....

Shit, can't argue with him there...

May be a blessing in disguise, T-Bo had the off-year before the strike because of a hip injury, but other than that, he's been very durable....

And his numbers, for playing on a bad team, are pretty damn respectable....

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    06-16-2017 @ 09:11 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I hear the Pens are talking about bringing back Warren Young and Kevin Stevens.

guwapo_rocker

Lindros inches closer to joining Leafs

I've got a headache....

8/10/2005 6:48:28 PM

Eric Lindros is not a member of the Toronto Maple Leafs yet, but there are indications that it is closer to happening.

Sources tell TSN that Lindros is undergoing an MRI exam, and if everything goes to Toronto's liking, Lindros will sign a deal with the club.

The Columbus Blue Jackets, who were also interested in signing Lindros, are no longer in the running for his services. They reportedly offered Lindros a one-year deal for $1.5 million.

While the new CBA has a provision to exempt bonuses from the salary cap in some cases where a player has a long term injury, Lindros does not qualify.

The 32-year old Lindros has played 11 NHL season. His injury history has been well documented. He has had eight concussions throughout his career.

Despite the injuries, Lindros has scored 356 goals and 461 assists in 678 career games.

Link

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Canucks sign two-headed swede!

Yes, both the Sedins signed the same contract for the exact same amount of money.

Why coddle these two grown men??? At least they were cheap (1.2 mil)!

C'mon Burke!! Come get your boys

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Lindros

I don't know why, but I want Lindros to do well.

It will be difficult for me if he is a Leaf with all of the ridiculous eastern media reporting.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Alex Mogilny
    I hear the Pens are talking about bringing back Warren Young and Kevin Stevens.
    LOL, just a hint of sarcasm in there....

But they are actually discussing Ron Francis....

I think Ronnie has lost a few steps in the last few years...

I know that Yanic Perrault has called them...

If I was Craig Patrick, I'd nab him...

No, he's not a huge goal-scorer, but he's the best faceoff man in the league, a major advantage....

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Lindros joins LeafsToronto signs No. 88 to one-year deal

Eric Lindros works out at a local rink in February 2001. (CP Photo/Kevin Frayer)
    TORONTO (CP) — Eric Lindros is a Maple Leaf, finally consummating an on-again, off-again affair that lasted for years.

The one-year deal is worth $1.55 million US.

GM John Ferguson presented Lindros with a No. 88 Leaf jersey at a late-afternoon news conference at the Air Canada Centre.

Have your say: Is Lindros worth it?

“It’s a little dusty,” Lindros joked, referring to his long history of being linked to Toronto.

“It’s about time. This is great. I’m really excited about it. It’s a dream come true,” he added.

In November 2000, Lindros — then an out-of-favour Flyer — announced the Leafs were the one and only team he wants to be traded to. In February 2001, Toronto’s board of governors actually approved a deal to get Lindros in a trade with Philadelphia. But Pat Quinn, then GM as well as coach, said one day later that the Flyers had pulled out of the agreement.

The 32-year-old forward played for the New York Rangers most recently. He had 10 goals, 22 assists and 60 penalty minutes in 39 games during the 2003-04 season.

He was quick to correct a reporter who cited recent concussions, saying his most recent physical problems were a shoulder that had been repaired.

Ferguson said he was satisfied by the team’s “due diligence” in checking Lindros out.

“He’s passed, he’s here and we’re pleased to have him,” said the GM.

Lindros won the Hart Trophy as the league’s most valuable player in 1994-95 and the Lester B. Pearson Award as the most outstanding player in the NHL as voted by the players the same year.

But concussions have taken a toll on the big forward during his NHL career.

He missed all of the 2000-01 season recovering from head injuries after a check from New Jersey’s Scott Stevens in Game 7 of the 2000 Eastern Conference final gave him his sixth career concussion.

Lindros has played 678 career NHL games for Philadelphia and the New York Rangers, recording 356 goals 461 assists and 1,285 penalty minutes.

His salary as a Leaf is a far cry from the $8.5-million US qualifying offer he turned down from the Flyers prior to being traded to New York.

In 1991, after drafting him first overall, the Quebec Nordiques reportedly offered him a $50-million deal, 10-year deal with half the money deferred. It was rejected.

An imposing player when healthy, Lindros has always marched to the beat of his own drums — often making headlines in the process.

In 1989, he was taken first over by the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds in the Ontario Hockey League draft of 16-year-olds but refused to report.

In June 1992, both the Philadelphia Flyers and New York Rangers claimed to have reached an agreement with Quebec on a deal for Lindros. An arbitrator later awarded his rights to the Flyers.

Philadelphia named his captain in September 1994. But the relationship soon turned sour. In March 2000, Lindros criticized Flyers’ trainers for not recognizing his concussion. Days later he was stripped of the captaincy.

A string of concussions followed and Lindros eventually wound up in New York.

“Teams were still calling this morning, the interest really picked up, it’s interesting how it worked out,” said Carl Lindros, Eric’s father and agent. “But this is a good situation for him. It’s what he wanted.”

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

At least its only a one year deal, IF he stays healthy it might work out OK, not exactly a trade I was hoping for....

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I wonder if Lindros still has Kasparaitis nightmares....

Good signing by the Leafs, decent price....

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I wish the Canucks would have nabbed Lindros at that bargain price!!

He will do well in TO (I am sorry to say)

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 04:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks

The Penguins are on the move again...apparently ready to sign Palfy's former linemate in the Chech Elite league...Josef Stumpel. What the Penguins have done in this offseason is nothing short of miraculous...

It could be a fun year...

If I decide to watch...

I thought the Lindros deal for Toronto was brilliant. Interesting the players that are making more money than he this year...

You can't lose on a deal like that...Toronto wins no matter what...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If I decide to watch...
    You kill me....

What I'm reading is that both Stumpel and Marchmant will be coming to the 'Burgh, but not until the Russian situation is resolved with Malkin, either good or bad....

So I suppose that if Malkin DOES come over, that'll eliminate Stumpel, but they still need another D-man...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I saw that too...i'm still amazed at the...

well...

rather amazing turn around...I know you may disagree with me here Va...but I can't stop thinking to myself...

What happens if they suck?....

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well, if you remember, one of the main problems before the strike was that they really didn't have anyone who could put the puck in the net... After Mario got hurt, that is...

So, you have to admit, adding Recchi, Palffy, and Gonchar (so far) is good for the offense....

And I think Crosby is at this stage a huge question mark in my eyes... I mean, can this KID really light it up at 18 years old ?? If they sign Malkin, add him to that category as well....

Now there are those that still think that they're defense is, well, TOO offensive....

I mean, Gonchar, Tarnstrom, Jackman are all very good OFFENSIVE defenseman...

Orpik is a good young defensive D-man... And Ryan Whitney looks good too....

Adding T-bo should also help with the defense...

So, could they suck ?? I think suck is probably not the best term, they're certainly going to be much improved....

But I think with all of the euphoria over Crosby and the FA signings is the lining up for Stanley Cup tickets.... We'll just have to see how everything matches up before it gets to that point, or anything close to that (like playoff tickets).....

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well...my worry is simple...Mario decides not to sell...

he throws all this money into the team...not as much as he would have had to in the past...but still...a lot...

They come out sucking ass...which I doubt, but stranger things have happened...

and...well...after this year...don't have a follow up season ticket base...

and lose their asses...

and if they don't get an arena...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't think Mario is throwing any more money than he had previously planned...

It's the ticket sales bro....

I read it again today, they're talking selling out the season....

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...170668-cp.html

Forget the recovery period, the good times are here.

"I really am working towards a sellout season, in my mind, and I hope we get there and I expect we'll be awfully close to that if we're not there," Sawyer said. "The demand (for tickets) just continues."

The Penguins don't give out exact details on ticket sales, but Sawyer's face lit up when asked about the hike in sales after getting Crosby. After being last in the league in average attendance two years ago at 11,877, the Pens may average more than 16,000 this season.

And it all started July 22 when the Penguins won the draft lottery and the right to take Crosby. The ticket office, which was slated to close at 5 p.m. that day, stayed open until midnight with the phones ringing off the hook. It's believed they've sold more than 3,000 full season tickets since that day.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm actually shocked...

it seems like the NHL isn't getting any backlash from all this shit...

it's unprecedented...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well, I'm sure the big market teams don't like it at all...

Just ask the Canucks on this board...

But realistically, if you were a team with a 70Mil payroll, obviously you're gonna have to do some major trimming...

On the other end of the spectrum, if you played your cards right, like the Pens did, you only had about 9 million in salary tied up for this year....

Combine the Crosby lottery, with it's frenzy, with free agents coming dirt cheap (relatively), and you've got a sudden influx of money to spend...

Now I seriously doubt that they would be this aggressive in Free Agency if they hadn't won the lottery... They would probably have just started now, with the lower tier FA's.... They wouldn't have been in the market for Gonchar or Palffy....

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

I remember the last off season when the RED WINGS spent 40 million on 3 free agents.....

It's good for the game.......

I watch more hockey this year than I have in the last 12.....

More good teams & more teams with a legitimate shot at going all the way........

The "All-Star Teams" were getting boring..........

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Matt White
    I remember the last off season when the RED WINGS spent 40 million on 3 free agents.....

It's good for the game.......

I watch more hockey this year than I have in the last 12.....

More good teams & more teams with a legitimate shot at going all the way........

The "All-Star Teams" were getting boring..........
    I was sceptical at first, but it is looking good.

One thing I would do to improve is to allow teams to go over cap and then tax those teams to redistribute to smaller markets.

I would limit that amount however, but I worry that teams will lose their talent once they have developed as effective players

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't know about that....

If it was a limited amount over the cap, that may be OK, but I wouldn't want it to get to the point where you're a team like the Yankees who basically could care less how much they're giving away on a luxury tax....

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I hesitate to agree with Va...

but will say this...

if you allow teams to go over the cap...then you can't control contracts...

Say the Wings go over the cap to sign a guy for 10 million a year...every player equal or better than that player then puts themselves at 10 million or over...

and how many teams will be able to do that? NY/NY/Toronto/Detroit/Chicago/LA...

and you're back to where you were before you started.

Hockey is one of the only leagues that I think NEED a hard cap...

without it...they can't function...because nobody watches anyways...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

In baseball...the longer you run the rules that they run...the easier it will be for teams to function against the Yankees...as teams have done for the past 10 years...

Now the Yankees have found a loophole...with the new stadium working as a credit against the tax $ they have to give to the rest of the league...so we'll see how that translates...

but right now...the Yankees aren't a playoff team...and more than likely won't be...

They still alter other teams by taking players...but they are not even close to the only team that does it...

The Yankees don't even really drive the market on players and what they make...because it's now a general concensus that you will make more with the Yanks than another team...so they've hurt themselves by creating their "own" market...

I couldn't disagree with you more Va...baseball uses the Yankees to create fan like and dislike...and actually has a viewership...that no matter how much it sucks compares to football...makes hockey look like a PBS show...

Hockey is on it's own island...because if they didn't find out a way to cure the skyrocketing salaries...they would have had to fold the league...baseball's not there...not even close...yet...

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

What you guys are saying makes alot of sense...

I do think that kockey is a little different than other sports, at least here in Canada.

What I mean is that there is some expectation by the fans for players to return - that there be some degree of loyalty and committment.

The NFL has done alot of things right, but no guaranteed contracts!!!
    This is why you have situations like TO in Philly. I don't blame him one bit. Players change teams continuously and I don't think that will wash with the Canadian hockey fans anyway.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I couldn't disagree with you more Va...
    Don't sell yourself short Poj, you can disagree with me more....

The Yankees aren't a playoff team precisely because the reason the Pirates aren't a playoff team, shitty team transactions....

The difference is, having a 200 million dollar payroll gives you a helluva lot more latitude with the amount or the quantity of signings, compared to a 30 million dollar payroll, where every move made is crucial...

I love what the NHL has done, I think it's going to make for a very competitive year....

It's going to be interesting to see what teams suck and what teams do very well, and compare that to what those same teams' status was when the lockout began, i.e. what their salary cap status was...

So if the Maple Leafs are a marginal playoff team, for instance, will that be attributed to them whacking salaries because of the cap ??

And if teams like the Panthers or the Pens do well, will it be because they were able to add players they previously had no chance signing ??

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So...you'd rate the Yankee and Pirate's coaching staff hand in hand?...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

LOL, I won't bite on that one....

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    06-16-2017 @ 09:11 PM
    Status
    Thanks

My take so far on this free agent signing frenzy and the year ahead.............

1. Where's AlMo gonna end up...hope not FLA!!

2. The Flyers....Please...Forsberg is one hit to the head away from doing the kickin' chicken. It wouldn't matter if Booby Clarke bricked in the goal in the playoffs, the other team will find a way to put the puck through it.

3. The Pens...very interesting can Cancer man keep up with sid the kid and ziggy??? Good pick up on T-Bo....bigger question is who is gonna play on lines 2-4???

4. The Coyotes....arguablly the best player ever as their coach...translation: cellar dweller yet again. Look for rumors of Gretz lacing them up as early as November.

5. The Leafs...will they ever fucking learn??? Erica Limpdros??? see Forsberg. I bet Gordie Howe thinks he could pot a few in the NHL. The Leafs should call him up!

6. The Rangers...Jagr and????? When is Sather gonna be fired??? It's gonna be a long winter on Broadway.

7. The Islanders...The most exiting news here is that Milbury has been heard to say he wants to bring back the Gorton's Fisherman Uniforms.

8. Buffalo....They still have a team???

9. Boston...could be contenders, locking up Thornton and Smasonov is a good thing...interesting to see what they will do with Brian Leetch since he plays like a forward anyway.

10. Montreal....will the real alexei kovalev please skate onto the ice?

11. Carolina....see #8

12. Atlanta.....very interesting strong young team...the addition of Holik will help..should make the playoffs this year.

13. Florida....where old hockey players go to retire...look for messier to sign in the next few days.

14. Tampa.....no khabi...no big deal....will make playoffs.

15. Nashville...yee...haw...word is steve kariya is gonna fill in for Paul and management is so stupid they won't even realize it.

16. Dallas...yawn fucking yawn...trap crap

17. New Jersey....I hate fucking New Jersey, but they always find a way.

18. Colorado....Sakic and Hejduk who else....Prediction Rob Blake continues to become more like Patrice Breeze-by..as he was at the end of '04. No Goalie.

19. Los Angeles.... Someone please shoot JR.

20. Anaheim...Feds and Nieds...what else do you need? should make playoffs.

21. Columbus...hot damn they signed Adam Foote...they'll still miss the playoffs.

22. Minnesota....They didn't sign anybody...nobody!

23. Calgary...fucking A those 3rd uniforms are FUGLY.

24. Edmonton....I guess Peca will get familiar with the Doctors in that part of Canada.

25. San Jose...interesting group of young kids...look for marleau to break out.

26. Ottawa...can't play the trap i the new nhl after getting a 1-0 lead...will be interesting to see how they adapt.

IN ROTH WE TRUST
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-08-2003 @ 08:08 AM
    Status
    Thanks

My take so far on this free agent signing frenzy and the year ahead.............

1. Where's AlMo gonna end up...hope not FLA!!

2. The Flyers....Please...Forsberg is one hit to the head away from doing the kickin' chicken. It wouldn't matter if Booby Clarke bricked in the goal in the playoffs, the other team will find a way to put the puck through it.

3. The Pens...very interesting can Cancer man keep up with sid the kid and ziggy??? Good pick up on T-Bo....bigger question is who is gonna play on lines 2-4???

4. The Coyotes....arguablly the best player ever as their coach...translation: cellar dweller yet again. Look for rumors of Gretz lacing them up as early as November.

5. The Leafs...will they ever fucking learn??? Erica Limpdros??? see Forsberg. I bet Gordie Howe thinks he could pot a few in the NHL. The Leafs should call him up!

6. The Rangers...Jagr and????? When is Sather gonna be fired??? It's gonna be a long winter on Broadway.

7. The Islanders...The most exiting news here is that Milbury has been heard to say he wants to bring back the Gorton's Fisherman Uniforms.

8. Buffalo....They still have a team???

9. Boston...could be contenders, locking up Thornton and Smasonov is a good thing...interesting to see what they will do with Brian Leetch since he plays like a forward anyway.

10. Montreal....will the real alexei kovalev please skate onto the ice?

11. Carolina....see #8

12. Atlanta.....very interesting strong young team...the addition of Holik will help..should make the playoffs this year.

13. Florida....where old hockey players go to retire...look for messier to sign in the next few days.

14. Tampa.....no khabi...no big deal....will make playoffs.

15. Nashville...yee...haw...word is steve kariya is gonna fill in for Paul and management is so stupid they won't even realize it.

16. Dallas...yawn fucking yawn...trap crap

17. New Jersey....I hate fucking New Jersey, but they always find a way.

18. Colorado....Sakic and Hejduk who else....Prediction Rob Blake continues to become more like Patrice Breeze-by..as he was at the end of '04. No Goalie.

19. Los Angeles.... Someone please shoot JR.

20. Anaheim...Feds and Nieds...what else do you need? should make playoffs.

21. Columbus...hot damn they signed Adam Foote...they'll still miss the playoffs.

22. Minnesota....They didn't sign anybody...nobody!

23. Calgary...fucking A those 3rd uniforms are FUGLY.

24. Edmonton....I guess Peca will get familiar with the Doctors in that part of Canada.

25. San Jose...interesting group of young kids...look for marleau to break out.

26. Ottawa...can't play the trap i the new nhl after getting a 1-0 lead...will be interesting to see how they adapt.
    Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

You Forgot THE RED WINGS!!!!

Thread Information