Thread: Van Halen Live : February 1, 1984

Wayne L.

Cool Van Halen Live : February 1, 1984

I saw Van Halen live at the old Charlotte Coliseum in NC on 2/1/84 which is one of the GREATEST concert experiences of my youth when VH were the kings of rock with few equals at the time since it was one of the coldest days in Feb. with my fingers getting numb waiting for the arena doors to open then Van Halen rocked the arena like their was no tomorrow playing their rock classics as well as new songs from their new album 1984 which was only a few weeks old which a bootleg recording of this show is only half the story. There's no doubt in my mind that the 84 tour was the last great rock & roll tour of its kind when the motto sex, drugs & rock & roll meant something in all its glory with all the hell raisin happening onstage, backstage & at the hotel because VH is the last great rock & roll band who made it on their music, their shows, their image & their attitude alone before MTV but there was an incident wherea punk ass fan threw a smoke bomb or something at Dave which fell near Alex's drums when he stopped the music & started telling this guy to come up onstage(which he didn't) with Eddie & Dave sharing a drink afterward.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

I AM HERE
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    02-13-2012 @ 09:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks

last great rock n roll tour? me thinks not.... my last band (unsigned small and norn irish) did a self promoted tour in 2002 on which we rocked out onstage. our singer spent most of his time standin on bars or tables, a radio mike allowed him to wander such places as the ladies bogs and sing over the cubicle doors. me i smashed a few guitars ( and not always me own) and there was some serious rockin fun backstage... contain such events as our singer smashing his face on the pavement whilst demonstrating moshing technices to a girl (leaving a six pointed star scar on his fore head) me getting my glasses smeared with kentucky fried chicken whilst ginned out of my mind by some girl who was pissed cuz i didnt shag her.... (already done the deed you see) the bass player was also engaging in some serious S+M which led to his shoulder bein sliced open.... our driver was also our joint roller which he did while driving his car.... we even had a guy comin around with us in kiss make up and moshin onstage.... and some of the bands we toured with considerd us tame...... so rock and roll aint dead baby...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Wayne L.
    I suppose Poison is the last great rock band with the last great rock tour in your mind?

NE169
    Cathedral--is this a repeat from CVH??

Thread Information