X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UGS
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2005

Planet Waves Picks

I tired these picks a while ago because they looked to be the same material and quality as dunlop picks. . .they even had that powdery shit on them while they were new. They ended up being garbage, and actually warped. With the tip of the pick not in the place where you expect it (due to warping) playing is difficult. It wasn't just one pick either, pretty much all of them.

For a brand that has such good quality patch cords, you'd think they'd have better quality picks.
    Keep on Rothing in the Free World
  • Big Fat Sammy
    Veteran
    • Feb 2005

LMAO at these pick threads....

...never tried plant waves...but I will take your word!

Comment

• BrownSound1
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Mar 2003

HAHAHAHA! Planet Waves....geez what's next, Black Diamond strings?

Comment

• UGS
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2005

Have you not heard of them? They're pretty popular at the local guitar shop. . .been around for 3-4 years too. . .mind you, they suck

Comment

• BrownSound1
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Mar 2003

Yeah dude I've heard of them, but they are like the bottom of the barrel brand...like Black Diamond strings.

Comment

• UGS
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2005

ahaha, ok, my mistake. . .I've never heard of Black Diamond. . .I thought you were refering to the cheese company

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I have some Planet Waves Jerry Garcia picks and they are fine. They seem to be made of some kind of funky celliode.

As far as picks go, my favorite ones are .80mm Claytons, my house is infested with those little buggers.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
                Veteran
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                I have some Planet Waves Jerry Garcia picks and they are fine. They seem to be made of some kind of funky celliode.

As far as picks go, my favorite ones are .80mm Claytons, my house is infested with those little buggers.
                That funky celliode you speak of....didn't Jerry used to snort that?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

From what I understand is they were Jerry's actual picks made to his specifications and had his signature and artwork. I have some Jerry Garcia designed neck ties too. I always get compliments when I wear those. Funny, some design painted by an old hippie on acid looks great when worn with a conservative business suit.

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    From what I understand is they were Jerry's actual picks made to his specifications and had his signature and artwork. I have some Jerry Garcia designed neck ties too. I always get compliments when I wear those. Funny, some design painted by an old hippie on acid looks great when worn with a conservative business suit.

I've seen those ties...they are cool!

If I had to wear one.....

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

All the world's a stage and you sometimes have to dress the part. If you want peoples respect, being proffessional in a nice business suit is going to beat being nicely casual in shorts and a T-shirt. If you are a sales rep or have any part in creating an illusion on confidence, you are going to be in a suit.

Comment

• Panamark
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

JD's are the winners, you can slice those fuckers to death and still
                        use em. I shit you not, Ive got Dunlops here that would be 20
                        years old and are still useable...
                        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Working...