X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Handsome Dan
    Full On Cocktard
    • Jul 2005

White Stripes

Does anyone else think that Jack White's drummer is a little bit, hmmmm... how shall i put this... BOLLOX! I haven't actually listened to any of their albums in full, so i cannot comment properly, and i'm not saying that my word is the truth, i just think on all their singles and big pop hits, she doesn't really show any great talent, i mean io could play that stuff! She probably is a great drummer, but she could actually show it in songs, instead of duuf! duuf! duuf! duuf! duuf! duuf! Thoughts?
  • Matt White
    • Jun 2004

You're 100% right.

She just kinda fits the music.

And, Jack used to bang her.

That's why she's in the band!!!

Comment

• Handsome Dan
      Full On Cocktard
      • Jul 2005

That's what i figured. The banging part and all.

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

Yeah...she's his Ex-Wife.

And..she's a decent time-keeper. Fits the stripped down style he plays.

Comment

• Handsome Dan
          Full On Cocktard
          • Jul 2005

Yeah, you're right there. it does suit Jack's playing, and i suppose some drummers don't even know how to keep time, so she's got one up on those guys, but she's not very...ummm...elabortate in her playing.

Comment

• WACF
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

She has nice sized tits though...

Comment

• rustoffa
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WACF
              Yes....yes she does.

Talk about keepin' time.....her fucking hand-jobs would be the gratest!

Comment

• VonHalen
                Foot Soldier
                • Jul 2005

Bring her to me- Id fuck her

Comment

• Coyote
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WACF

Seems like it...
                  Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• tydhurst
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2004

This thread must be the most contradictary thread ever. "She's crap, but she's ok"

Unless you have anything real to say, shut the fuck up!

She's not an extremely accomplished drummer, she's only been playing for how long the band's going, about 8 years. In that time she hasn't taken lessons or had to play awkward time signatures ar even made to express herself (Jack White is yet to write a Moby Dick)

But, any other drummer would look and sound shit!

You don't have to be Bonham to be a great drummer, reliability is more than enough.

There are FAR worse drummers that don;t get commented on because they are men (i'm being honest, because she's a woman people find fault)

Kings Of Leon's drummer is worse, the Stroke's drummer is far worse. But you don;t comment coz you don;t care as they don;t stand out because they're men in rock music.
                    Don't need a gun to blow your mind!

http://tydhurst.proboards30.com

Join my forum.

Comment

• jacksmar
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

She’s got tits.

That said, The White Stripes are shit. They have less talent than hagar. The guitar tone is muddy, sucks. The drummer, I thought it was his sister, is worse than Jon Moss or Gina Schock.

Music akin to the stripes will be dead soon. End of discussion.

A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• Handsome Dan
                        Full On Cocktard
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by tydhurst
                        This thread must be the most contradictary thread ever. "She's crap, but she's ok"

She's not an extremely accomplished drummer, she's only been playing for how long the band's going, about 8 years. In that time she hasn't taken lessons or had to play awkward time signatures ar even made to express herself (Jack White is yet to write a Moby Dick)

You don't have to be Bonham to be a great drummer, reliability is more than enough.

There are FAR worse drummers that don;t get commented on because they are men (i'm being honest, because she's a woman people find fault)

Kings Of Leon's drummer is worse, the Stroke's drummer is far worse. But you don;t comment coz you don;t care as they don;t stand out because they're men in rock music.
                        Tydhurst, it's not that contradictory. Yes my first comment was that she sucks balls, but then i did revise that and say she's not very elaborate in her playing, so i don't think we do have to shut the fuck up, because we are saying something. And also, have you listened to Aha Shake Heartbreak? The Kings Of Leon drummer at least show off what ability he has got. No matter how crap he is, he still sounds better than Jack White's ex-bitch, cos she doesn't show off her talent (drumming talent) in any of their hits. She obviously is reliable and able to keep time, therefore she is granted the status of : OK. Once Jack White's starts playing guitar parts that suit more elaborate and complex drumming, then her status will go up. And I'm not a sexist, so the woman part never came into it for me (I did start this thread), maybe for the other guys, but it never crossed my mind.

Comment

• Handsome Dan
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by tydhurst

Tydhurst, it's not that contradictory. Yes my first comment was that she sucks balls, but then i did revise that and say she's not very elaborate in her playing, so i don't think we do have to shut the fuck up, because we are saying something. And also, have you listened to Aha Shake Heartbreak? The Kings Of Leon drummer at least showS off what ability he has got. No matter how crap he is, he still sounds better than Jack White's ex-bitch, cos she doesn't show off her talent (drumming talent) in any of their hits. She obviously is reliable and able to keep time, therefore she is granted the status of : OK. Once Jack White starts playing guitar parts that suit more elaborate and complex drumming, then her status will go up. And I'm not a sexist, so the woman part never came into it for me (I did start this thread), maybe for the other guys, but it never crossed my mind.

Comment

• zeronumber
                            Foot Soldier
                            • May 2005

Big deal, so she's a little simplistic, and? The white stripes are about raw, vintage sound, than over production. Of course, if jack were to experiment out of 4/4 time, maybe we'd see some new stuff from meg.
                            The Roth Army needs a leader who demonstrates the three "A's",

Attitude, Awesomeness, America.

http://www.samash.com/catalog/imagep..._IRG350EXB.JPG

Comment

• Roy Munson
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

JACK WHITE IS A MUTHERFUCKIN GENIUS.

Meg does a great job of helping him display his Godly talent.
                              Originally posted by ELVIS
                              I guess you're right...

Comment

Working...