Thread: Hillary Clinton

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Hillary Clinton

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- Sen. Hillary Clinton pressed Thursday for a government investigation into how simulated sex cropped up in a modified version of the blockbuster criminal adventure video game "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas."

Clinton asked the Federal Trade Commission to investigate the origins of a downloadable modification that allows simulated sex in the personal computer version of one of the most popular and controversial video games in history.

"We should all be deeply disturbed that a game which now permits the simulation of lewd sexual acts in an interactive format with highly realistic graphics has fallen into the hands of young people across the country," Clinton wrote in a letter to the head of the Federal Trade Commission.

Saying the problem of explicit video games was "spiraling out of control," Clinton also said she was introducing legislation that would crack down on the sale of violent and sex-laden games to minors.

The legislation would impose a $5,000 penalty on retailers who sell adult-rated video games to underage children.

Clinton asked the FTC to look into whether Grand Theft Auto's rating of "M" (Mature 17+) should be changed to the rare "AO" (Adult Only), which would threaten to crimp sales at large retail outlets.

The PlayStation2 version of "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" was the No. 1 game of 2004, selling just over 5 million copies, according to industry researcher NPD Funworld.

She requested the agency to study whether retailers' enforcement policies were adequate to keep adult-rated video games out of the hands of minors.

An FTC spokeswoman said the agency had received Clinton's letter and was reviewing it.

Clinton's comments were the latest in a chorus of criticism that has intensified since the revelation about sex scenes in the modified Grand Theft Auto. The game series has drawn numerous detractors because of its sexual and violent content.

Players who download a modification, known as "hot coffee," from the Internet can make a male character engage in various sex acts with a virtual "girlfriend." Sex is suggested in the official version of the game, but does not happen on screen.

The game's manufacturer, a subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. called Rockstar Games, has said hackers are responsible for the modification.

In a statement released Thursday, Rockstar said it supported the video game rating system and efforts to keep adult-rated games away from children.

But without referring to Clinton, the company said it was "disappointed by comments that misrepresent Grand Theft Auto, detracting from the innovative and artistic merits of the game."

"Unfortunately, the recent confusion only serves to suggest that games do not deserve the same treatment as other forms of creative expression," Rockstar said in its statement.

The Entertainment Software Rating Board last week launched a probe into whether the sexual minigame content was deliberately hidden in the game code and unlocked by the "hot coffee" modification, or if it was solely the result of the modification.

The "hot coffee" modification, which violates the game's software user agreement, is the result of hackers disassembling and then combining, recompiling and altering the game's source code, Rockstar said.

Sound Familiar, PMRC Tipper Gore, My God I am so sick of these DC Wives, coming in and telling you what not to buy, And yet they seem to be protecting Free Speech and they pull tihs shit on us. God I hate Hillary she and Tipper Gore are the Two Biggest Bitches of all time and I Don't mean that In a Sexist way. I know this is old but I haven't gotten around to posting for it a while.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's all part of a vast, right-wing conspiracy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaverdog View Post
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by LoungeMachine
    It's all part of a vast, right-wing conspiracy

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The whole issue is fucking ludicrous.

Cartoon dickless sex after you download a modification from the internet is apparently much more upsetting than blowing up children in Iraq.

Or stamping on whores faces in the game to get money for that matter.

65% of games players these days are over 18, maybe some enforcement of existing rules might be in order.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Down with the PMRC and RIAA.

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Unchainme
    Down with the PMRC and RIAA.
    and the PNAC

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's a statement about America...not Democrats.

America feels that Rambo blowing Vietnamese civilians into thousands of pieces in the name of freedom is acceptable, but anything remotely sexual is a blatant offense on the alter of God. Sex is a much freer idea in Europe.

I'm surprised some traditional Americans even have the guts to reproduce.
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Our moral guardians are so fucking far out of touch it's a mixture of frightening and funny.

In the US you can't have naughty words on TV or radio but Britney makes millions by sexualising children in her videos by dressing up as a slut in a school uniform???

Meanwhile you have the highest teenage pregnancy rates in the civilised world(with the UK catching up).

God forbid that someone can download a patch to a video game that involves some technical knowledge to install that shows a cartoon simulation of sex. If there is one group of people you don't need to worry about causing early pregnancies it's teenage video game nerds...

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I wish The
    Originally posted by Seshmeister
    The whole issue is fucking ludicrous.

Cartoon dickless sex after you download a modification from the internet is apparently much more upsetting than blowing up children in Iraq.

Or stamping on whores faces in the game to get money for that matter.

65% of games players these days are over 18, maybe some enforcement of existing rules might be in order.
    I agree with you to an extent, these Senator shouldn't be worried about Things like CD's and Video Games, Look If your a parent and your to blind to see that your kids are getting there hands on "Dangerous" Video Games with like M ratings, thats your problem not the the governments responsiblity, So they should be the people who look after their own children, secondly evryones acting like "That its affecting kids minds." In my mind the video games are not to be blamed for this, Its the kids fault not some shooting game, He made a choice to act like this not some stupid video game. Its time for these kids who constantly blame it on Violent Video games to take responsibilty for their own actions, and its time for parents to stop crying to the government about these sort of things, They have better things to worry about such as The War, John Roberts nomination, and The War on Terror, The Economy, and The Enviorment to name a few.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I heard the average gamer's age is 30+. This is such a bogus non-issue.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    I heard the average gamer's age is 30+. This is such a bogus non-issue.
    Sounds like the perfect reason for Hillary to get her face attached to this.
    Last edited by Warham; 07-25-2005 at 06:50 AM.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Warham
    Fine. just make sure that un-Curious George gets his face attached to the politicization of the FCC, and the subsequent witch hunt of STERN and other radio "shockjocks."

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Originally posted by Warham
    That is the only reason....she is so desperate to get publicity out of ANY kind of hot-button issue she can....it is just ridiculous....

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well.....so far....only Warham and Hardrock69 have hit the button on why Hillary is attached to this issue. Congrats guys. Beers on me.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by BigBadBrian
    Well.....so far....only Warham and Hardrock69 have hit the button on why Hillary is attached to this issue. Congrats guys. Beers on me.

Had no Idea we were rewarded for posting the obvious

Why didn't I get that memo ?

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    See even though I have the common sense to understand when our government is trying to fuck us over, I am by no means I "Democrat" or "Republican"...I am somewhat of a "Liberative Republocrat".

I do not follow party lines, because all politicians are the same.

How can you tell they are lying to us? Their lips are moving.

I just want some Secret Service surveillance footage of Hillary getting fucked in the ass by some dyke with a strapon to get leaked to the public....not that I find Hillary attractive at all..I just think it would be funny....

Mr. Awesome
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Censorship is a way for the government to take responsibility away from parents and put it to the government. It's no suprise that Ms. Clinton would support such a measure to ensure that our every growning federal government can control us more. Her and all of the other Commies in Washington along with our court system that thinks the constitution is something that is to be used as toliet paper, are seriously fucking this country up. Which has been on a downward spiral since a certain president took office in the 1930's. Or maybe its been since the idea of states rights was shit on and buried forever.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by tobinentinc
    Censorship is a way for the government to take responsibility away from parents and put it to the government. It's no suprise that Ms. Clinton would support such a measure to ensure that our every growning federal government can control us more. Her and all of the other Commies in Washington along with our court system that thinks the constitution is something that is to be used as toliet paper, are seriously fucking this country up. Which has been on a downward spiral since a certain president took office in the 1930's. Or maybe its been since the idea of states rights was shit on and buried forever.

So you're in favor of the Pentagon releasing it's torture photos?

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...threadid=24746

Thread Information