• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
    Hey FORD, you are not tripping like you did on Vertigo are ya ? :p
    I still think Vertigo was a great single. They just overdid it with the I-Pod commercial and too much airplay. Stones actually have the advantage there because the top 40 stations probably won't play their single, and their tour sponsor commercials are playing the old hits.

Seriously though, as everyone else here seems to agree, this is probably the best advance single the Stones have put out since "Start Me Up" and it's looking good for their album.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• mewisemagic
      Commando
      • Jan 2004

I Think This Album Is Going To Rock!

Comment

• academic punk
        Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        OK, well I guess Kid Rock and Justin Timberlake turned in a convincing performance then.
        They were only in the band for a month or so, but it turns out Chuck Leavell didn't think they fit.

That's Linda Ronstadt on guitar and Duke Cunningham on vocals.

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

They have no original members left. We have only been seeing animatronic robots for the past 15 years. Keef, Mick, Ronnie & Charlie were killed in a freak gardening accident back in the 80s...

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
            Veteran
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by academic punk
            Keith is not on the track. He's not even in the band anymore. He was fired last May.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

KZOK is reporting that they will have the album by the end of the week. What's the street date on this thing anyway? Seems like late August/early September is standard operating procedure for the Stones anymore.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Mezro
                Full Member Status

• May 2004

Just heard it at the gym this morning.

Mezro...it rips, it rocks, it is the Stones (minus the bones)...
                Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Panamark
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

I still think Vertigo was a great single. They just overdid it with the I-Pod commercial and too much airplay. Stones actually have the advantage there because the top 40 stations probably won't play their single, and their tour sponsor commercials are playing the old hits.

Seriously though, as everyone else here seems to agree, this is probably the best advance single the Stones have put out since "Start Me Up" and it's looking good for their album.
                  Well thats great news, to me they never seemed to really gel again
                  after Mick and Keef had their big split. Sounds like it might have
                  finally happened. Cant wait to hear it !
                  BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                  Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• academic punk
                    Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mezro
                    Just heard it at the gym this morning.

Mezro...it rips, it rocks, it is the Stones (minus the bones)...

They play something other than Fatboy Slim's "Urban Remix" of obscure Daft Punk and Franz Ferdinand songs in San Francisco gyms?

Who knew?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

KZOK is reporting that they will have the album by the end of the week. What's the street date on this thing anyway? Seems like late August/early September is standard operating procedure for the Stones anymore.
                      Speaking of which....

Did you happen to catch Dave "I'm a Tool" Navarro call into the Bob Rivers show last week plugging ROCKSTAR INXS????

He hung up all indignant when Bob made a "hide the belt" joke

Fucking asshole Navarro

Originally posted by Kristy
                      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                      Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                        Speaking of which....

Did you happen to catch Dave "I'm a Tool" Navarro call into the Bob Rivers show last week plugging ROCKSTAR INXS????

He hung up all indignant when Bob made a "hide the belt" joke

Fucking asshole Navarro

I just missed it by a couple seconds, I guess. Apparently Bob & Spike were pretty pissed about it.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• VonHalen
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Jul 2005

i will have to check those out

Comment

• academic punk
                            Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

What is the street date of the new disc?

Comment

• Figs
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

Rough Justice ain't a bad song! I was surprised since I haven't liked anything since Tattoo You.

Comment

• academic punk
                                Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by Figs
                                Rough Justice ain't a bad song! I was surprised since I haven't liked anything since Tattoo You.
                                So far, I've heard nothing but positive feedback towards this tune, even (and especially) from people who have not liked the Stones since Tattoo.

And considering how bad the four new tunes on "40 Licks" were, this is really saying something!

Comment

Working...