Thread: No longer vital, RIP DLR.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by JimGardner
    Does 1998 DLR Band have a "Knucklebones" or a "Hina"? Nope, certainly not. But neither does Diver Down.
    Dude, I love SKYSCAPER more than many posters here. I think it's a fine effort. But neither KNUCKLEBONES nor HINA even scrape the asshole end of LITTLE TEXAS. I'd rank LITTLE TEXAS, KING OF THE HILL and COUNTER-BLAST among the best Dave solo recordings ever. Amazing stuff...vibrant...and it makes you want to fuck a pussy. And that's what rock 'n' roll is supposed to do.

As for DIVER DOWN, the album is a fucking classic. KNUCKLEBONES nor HINA are nowhere in the league of HANG 'EM HIGH, SECRETS, LITTLE GUITARS or THE FULL BUG.

I see what you're trying to say...but nah. Dave's been somewhat progressive in the recent past...well, 1998. My point is, these days, Dave is so non-progressive that even an album with good music that treads similar ground like DLR BAND is progressive for him. And if that's what he keeps releasing: stuff like that, then I'm happy.

It's better than no new material except Hendrix and Doors covers (artists I enjoy a great deal but don't need covers of) and a set with pretty much no surprises.

Hell, one thing that's at least fun about seeing THE WHO or THE STONES these days is that even though they don't play much new stuff live (though both have played new songs on their last tours), they always mix the set up. In other words, from tour to tour, you'll hear a different diet of classic WHO or STONES classics. In other words, you walk away satisfied because you were somewhat surprised. Yes, every show ended with BROWN SUGAR or WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN, but in before that you heard songs like DOCTOR JIMMY or RESPECTABLE.

Dave has six Van Halen albums, one solo EP and five solo albums (plus a covers album) to choose from. What's the problem?
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

The Sheep Pen Vixen!
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: No longer vital, RIP DLR.

I love David Lee Roth. His music takes me back to a time when all I had to worry about was getting drunk, being with my friends and making sure the skins where kept dry. But that was almost 15 years ago, and even then the music we were just discovering was old school to our older brothers and friends.

I'd give anything for those days to come back, but sadly all the bitching about Sammy Hager, regardless of the fact he deserves it, isn't going to rewind the world to a time when Dave's music charted and made money on the road.

The people he's playing with now are irrelevant and boring. I can't help but hope that Dave knows this, that in the back of his mind he's all too aware of how NOT some of these shdrules are, and I hope, more than I hope he gets back to a place where his music is actually exciting again, that he at least recognises this is one of the reasons no one buys his records anymore. Not because we, the silent majority of his fans, don't love him as much as ever, but because Shoop Bop, or whatever it's called, just isn't Knucklebones, or Elephant gun. It isn't even Women and Children first or Take your Whiskey home. It's tired and fun-less - NOT what DLR is all about at all.

The guy's a legend, but he's just not vital anymore, and I think the forum members who, like me, are dead center with Eat em and smile / 1984 / VH 1 & 2 / Skyscraper Dave will agree, if they're honest about it.

All he's doing now, by marching on with the same thing he was doing when he was still young enough to get away with it, is trampling on our memory of what his music used to be all about - and worse than that he's become what he least wanted to be.

It's time not just Dave but all the hair rock idols of the past, Steve Vai in particular, just fessed up to the fact the only reason they keep churning product out is because it makes them more money than just hanging up their spandex and growing old gracefully. Unfortunately for as long as the kind of people who'll no doubt flame me for saying it carry on buying into it and being strung along in the belief it's all still real and happening, they'll be there to re-jig the same old formula and trade in our nostalgia.

Frankly, it's all just sad - and if I was as clear about it as I am except my name was Eddie Van Halen, I'd have a drink problem too.

In short, the party is well and truly over. Clean up after yourself when you leave and tommorow, when you've calmed down, go out and buy some new records. I recommend Billy Sheehan's new album - there's actually something new and exciting on it - which I suspect will make a change to some of the people who post their poorly informed opinion all too frequently in here on why people like me are wrong.
    first of all i'll bitch about Spammy hagar all i fuckin want...he ruined a once great band with his annoying vocals and cheesy lyrics...so why don't you go back and do what you were doing before you posted this bullshit thread
    and what the hell are you talking about the people he's playing with now is borring...i've heard nothing but good reviews on him and his band and i've heard bootlegs...so this is obviously your dumb ass opinion
    no one here cares what you think asshole...obviously you're not a fan as much as you say you are or you wouldn't be posting this bullshit...
    so if you feel that way why don't you just FUCK OFF!!!

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I love David Lee Roth. His music takes me back to a time when all I had to worry about was getting drunk, being with my friends and making sure the skins where kept dry. But that was almost 15 years ago, and even then the music we were just discovering was old school to our older brothers and friends.

I'd give anything for those days to come back, but sadly all the bitching about Sammy Hager, regardless of the fact he deserves it, isn't going to rewind the world to a time when Dave's music charted and made money on the road.

The people he's playing with now are irrelevant and boring. I can't help but hope that Dave knows this, that in the back of his mind he's all too aware of how NOT some of these shdrules are, and I hope, more than I hope he gets back to a place where his music is actually exciting again, that he at least recognises this is one of the reasons no one buys his records anymore. Not because we, the silent majority of his fans, don't love him as much as ever, but because Shoop Bop, or whatever it's called, just isn't Knucklebones, or Elephant gun. It isn't even Women and Children first or Take your Whiskey home. It's tired and fun-less - NOT what DLR is all about at all.

The guy's a legend, but he's just not vital anymore, and I think the forum members who, like me, are dead center with Eat em and smile / 1984 / VH 1 & 2 / Skyscraper Dave will agree, if they're honest about it.

All he's doing now, by marching on with the same thing he was doing when he was still young enough to get away with it, is trampling on our memory of what his music used to be all about - and worse than that he's become what he least wanted to be.

It's time not just Dave but all the hair rock idols of the past, Steve Vai in particular, just fessed up to the fact the only reason they keep churning product out is because it makes them more money than just hanging up their spandex and growing old gracefully. Unfortunately for as long as the kind of people who'll no doubt flame me for saying it carry on buying into it and being strung along in the belief it's all still real and happening, they'll be there to re-jig the same old formula and trade in our nostalgia.

Frankly, it's all just sad - and if I was as clear about it as I am except my name was Eddie Van Halen, I'd have a drink problem too.

In short, the party is well and truly over. Clean up after yourself when you leave and tommorow, when you've calmed down, go out and buy some new records. I recommend Billy Sheehan's new album - there's actually something new and exciting on it - which I suspect will make a change to some of the people who post their poorly informed opinion all too frequently in here on why people like me are wrong.
    i see a bit of validity to this.....wow, and i see you're taking a lot of heat for saying your mind, something im far too familiar with around these forums.

but this place has helped me get some really good boots and info for shows i've seen, so i cant knock it at all.

i dont think dave's really had anything all that spectacular since 1991... 1991 was the last time he was hungry....in competition with everyone else...his last horrah as a young man.

in 1994 dave had new material, but he was just old news, everyone had seen DLR, time and time again....some time passed by and in 2002 it was fun to see DLR again. I think in 1994 it was "oh, this guy again..same old shit," but in 2002 it was" Yeah!! he's back, i remember when i liked VH, i remember these songs...." i think he's more popular and more well liked than he was in 1994, '95 because he is strictly a nostalgia act now.

Would i like new material? Yeah! Would i like a better backing band? Yeah!! Would i love him to get back with vh? you know it baby... but honestly his nostalgia act is the best thing for him now. He'll get together in a HOB with 2000 of his closest fans in that area and rock all of his old songs, not like a 25 year old, but good enough to put a smile on peoples faces. Sure, the old "look at all the people...naked eyes.." lines are a little played out now, but thats DLR man...plain and simple. The showman.

Now, his act hasnt really changed at all since 1999....Whats the newest song he played? Slam Dunk? Shoo bop was a cover, lets not count that. It's the same old VH songs time and time again....now, for the fan who hasnt seen him since the 80's, thats great. But ive seen him 3 times in the last 3 years, with the most recent on may 20th with a few members of this board in san diego.

It's nearly the same exact show that i've been watching for the last two years....its the same thing i've seen in the bootleg videos for the last 2 years.....on some songs, its right down to every "go go" yelp for christs sake.

So now dave has to sit and think....do i want to keep my old fanbase happy by playing the small crowds and old songs, or do i want to release a brand new album with a great backing band and a label and promoters and advertising....big venues....and try and earn some new ones?

His reincarnation in 1994 was a bust, so i can see why he'd be weary to try and take a new stab at fame today...especially when music is dominated by rap, r and b, and the new wave of rock and rollers. Hard rock just isnt "in" anymore, and its a shame, because that music was so influential to some musicians today.
    Got beef with my comments? Blow me!

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You see, the problem that we sometimes get here is that we would rather group like an X-Wing squadron and attack anyone with a controversial opinion. Or people scream: "Throw him in the fucking Pen." Nah. The Pen is for the real losers: "Dave is bald." "Dave could never sing." "This site is pathetic." The truth of the matter is this isn't a one-way street. This is a message board with differing opinions. This is also why I don't like bullshit about putting people in the Pen just because one wants to claim that FOR UNLAWFUL CARNAL KNOWLEDGE is a good record (though why one would think so is beyond me). The point is, the real sheep are the ones that love to attack someone because his viewpoint comes off as slightly off-center from the usual Army rhetoric.

The point is, the guy is a fan. He just doesn't like Dave's recent work. Hell, I'm a huge Chris Cornell/Soundgarden fan, but I don't really like anything he's done since DOWN ON THE UPSIDE and maybe his solo album. Does this mean I shouldn't be allowed to post at a Chris Cornell/Soundgarden forum? The point of this site is to communicate with other Dave fans and also let Dave fans enjoy the wealth of information we possess both in interview and bootleg archives, as well as the information many of our posters possess. This guy isn't dissing Dave as an artist, as far as I'm concerned. He's dismissing recent work. I think I disagree with the scope of his argument, but I think there's some validity in a few of his points.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    dave's almost 51...not getting younger...so he'd better just step on it if he does something. Now he's gonna take over for radio next year, maybe he can use that to plug some shows or material.

people bitch about sammy...sure.

i wish sammy and the boys didnt use the van halen name....

if that were booked as a separate band i really doubt anyone would hate them.

the key to enjoying sammys music with the other 3 is to think of them as a separate band...and not a replacement for DLR.

if you think of him as a replacement for DLR, of course you're gonna hate him because there is NO replacement.

The music is just different....but i like it. hell i can play it all on the piano too...its good stuff, just not nearly the same as old van halen.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Rikk
    You see, the problem that we sometimes get here is that we would rather group like an X-Wing squadron and attack anyone with a controversial opinion. Or people scream: "Throw him in the fucking Pen." Nah. The Pen is for the real losers: "Dave is bald." "Dave could never sing." "This site is pathetic." The truth of the matter is this isn't a one-way street. This is a message board with differing opinions. This is also why I don't like bullshit about putting people in the Pen just because one wants to claim that FOR UNLAWFUL CARNAL KNOWLEDGE is a good record (though why one would think so is beyond me). The point is, the real sheep are the ones that love to attack someone because his viewpoint comes off as slightly off-center from the usual Army rhetoric.

The point is, the guy is a fan. He just doesn't like Dave's recent work. Hell, I'm a huge Chris Cornell/Soundgarden fan, but I don't really like anything he's done since DOWN ON THE UPSIDE and maybe his solo album. Does this mean I shouldn't be allowed to post at a Chris Cornell/Soundgarden forum? The point of this site is to communicate with other Dave fans and also let Dave fans enjoy the wealth of information we possess both in interview and bootleg archives, as well as the information many of our posters possess. This guy isn't dissing Dave as an artist, as far as I'm concerned. He's dismissing recent work. I think I disagree with the scope of his argument, but I think there's some validity in a few of his points.

pat tillman rip
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    So let me get this straight gang...

That you have to love everything about Roth?

EVERYTHING?

YOU CAN'T HAVE A FUCKING OPINION THAT WHAT DAVE'S PUT OUT ALBUM WISE OVER THE PAST 5 YEARS IS SHIT?...and still be a Roth fan?

Holy fuck...how in the hell did this happen on my watch...

Is this site that close-minded that WE ALL HAVE TO SHARE THE SAME FUCKING OPINION...

Look...I respect most everyone that posted in this thread...

but you all realize what the definition of "sheep" is...right...

There once was a little group known as EUAS...and we fucking argued with each other as much as we argued with everyone else...

This guy is a Roth fan...no doubt about that...

there isn't anything in any of his posts...minus one statement...that leads me to believe any different...

so WTF?...

have we closed the door on any differences?
    well when you have a small minded cocksmoker like dlr7884. as a mod you start to lose control of a great site.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by azcrdnal
    well when you have a small minded cocksmoker like dlr7884. as a mod you start to lose control of a great site.
    Wow, are you a jealous bitch...

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ARE YOU PEOPLE TELLING ME THAT YOU ARE HOPING DAVE IS A NOSTALGIA ACT FOR THE REST OF HIS CAREER?

No offense...

but I'm not a fan that wants to hear him put on the same show as the Atomic Punks night after night...

I want some fucking original shit...

he's putting out what will get asses in the seats for the people that don't respect anything that Roth might do that doesn't attach itself to the name Van Halen.

so yeah...I agree...Roth plays what the fans want to hear. At least the fans that don't accept Roth doing shit that isn't related to VH...

trust me on this...there are plenty of "roth fans" here that wouldn't step within 1,000 miles of a Roth ticket window if they knew he wasn't going to play any old stuff...or at least...any VH stuff...
    Word and then some!

I can't comment on Dave's current band as I have not yet gotten to see them perform together on stage.... but I can give them this. They have stuck by Dave. They have remained true to him... and still gone and done their own thing. You don't hear any Van Halen bashing from them... and I think that rocks.

I have heard they have lots of new material... just dying to be released; but it hasn't. Why?

People find themselves asking that alot where Dave is concerned. Why?

I read the reviews of Dave... and people who say he still has it... and of course those that say he don't. Its not 1985 anymore. What do you expect.

But I am with you on being one of those who can't wait for the next chapter. I love what Dave did with Van Halen. I love what Dave did after Van Halen... and I am looking forward to seeing Dave live again in a few weeks. That being said, I have to admit I would be looking forward to it a lot more if I knew it would be more Dave... and DLR band... than trying to hold on to what was Van Halen.

Granted... that WAS the highlight of his career. It was not, and does not need to be the be all/end all of his career.

Dave is not vital? Dave is as vital as he wants to be. Hey, I am a Dave fan. Dave on the sopranos...cool. If Dave wants to be an EMT... I think thats awesome. Dave wants to be a DJ... I can't wait. Dave wants to write another book... I am gonna read it and love it! Dave wants to reunite with Van Halen... HELL YEAH! But even if we did get a real reunion at this point... I would only want one tour of Classic Van Halen-even with all four original members... Then I want some new music... on any front.

But, I have seen the pictures of Dave... and they guy looks good... and he looks happy... and the bottom line is that is all that matters.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by spmusicplyr
    dave's almost 51...not getting younger...so he'd better just step on it if he does something. Now he's gonna take over for radio next year, maybe he can use that to plug some shows or material.

people bitch about sammy...sure.

i wish sammy and the boys didnt use the van halen name....

if that were booked as a separate band i really doubt anyone would hate them.

the key to enjoying sammys music with the other 3 is to think of them as a separate band...and not a replacement for DLR.

if you think of him as a replacement for DLR, of course you're gonna hate him because there is NO replacement.

The music is just different....but i like it. hell i can play it all on the piano too...its good stuff, just not nearly the same as old van halen.
    VAN HAGAR is a shit band. A shitty, dated and pedestrian exercise. I hate it and I hate Sam. I can't claim I never listened to some of that shit, but I can claim with confidence that I hate Sammy Hagar and think he's one of the most classless figures in rock 'n' roll. You're right...there is no comparing the two bands because one is great and the other is a third-rate JOURNEY rip-off.

And no offense, but you were the same guy a month or so ago jumping in and telling everyone in a huge thread that this site is worth shit. I don't care if your opinion differs from mine, but to state that this site is bullshit is an opinion I'd like to say FUCK YOU to.

pat tillman rip
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    what are you his fucking boyfriend? i think he said the same thing.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    How is anyone losing control of the site??

7884 is a hardcore Dave fan and he's allowed his fucking opinions.

But don't worry: I'm sure they'll de-mod him on your say-so.

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wow...can you believe it?

someone can actually throw back a disagreement with a FELLOW ROTH FAN...without calling him a dickhead Hagar fan...

Guwapo...no doubt that going to a tour stop with pals can be a good thing...no doubt...I didn't say I didn't like both shows that I saw...but if you are just happy with Roth performing the old VH shit over and over and over again...no offense...that's not exactly advancing your career...unless...you are doing it in stadiums with the originals...like say the Stones...

Rikk...I agree that the DLR Band album was damn good...I like it a shitload of a lot better than Gardner...

but I haven't ever commented on Diamond Dave for a reason...

i dont like dlrband. ok, slam dunk is cool.....

i'd take yflm over dlrband....

dlr band has way too much of that new headvoice he discovered. hey its cool to throw it in once in a while.....but he OVERKILLED that.....he tried to pull off a robert plant in blacklight. DLR is NO robert plant.

but, pojo man i gotta hand it to ya, you're one of the most sensible guys on here....you just take things for what they are...you defended the thread starters right to speak and everything....you've got my respect for sure...and a vote if i didnt already give ya one

SHEEP PEN-JUNKHEAD
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    Nick, you should ask him about his inside info on the failed VH reunion of 2000 sometime.

Ask him about "Reactor."

Anyways, I admit that I jumped the gun on this guy. I'm so used to the bullshit threads that clog up MAIN. You will notice that I said I thought of closing it before I clicked in and then decided to inquire as to what this dude's point was.

This has blossomed into quite an intellectual thread which is great.

So here it is....my apologies to Jim Gardner....I didn't take in the point of your thread immediatly, and while I don't agree with all that you are saying, you raise some valid points.

DLR7884
    Ass Cardinal....I thought you wanted to "play" with me? You ran off like the little bitch we all know you to be as soon as you posted that.
    Originally Posted by WARF:
    DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

pat tillman rip
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Rikk
    How is anyone losing control of the site??

7884 is a hardcore Dave fan and he's allowed his fucking opinions.

But don't worry: I'm sure they'll de-mod him on your say-so.
    well i doubt that.

The Sheep Pen Vixen!
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i'm not saying he's a sheep or hagar fan...
    but i'm tired of people coming on here saying shit about Dave...
    if he doesn't like his most recent work...don't fuckin' listen to him
    it's as simple as that...but for fucks sakes don't come on to a dave site and start bitchin' about him...becauz if you do expect to get your ass handed back to you

SHEEP PEN-JUNKHEAD
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Asshole....you want to duke it out with me, start a thread in NON or in the dump.

Don't spam the MAIN or this thread with your lack of wit.

DLR7884
    Thanks in advance, asshole.

pat tillman rip
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DLR7884
    Nick, you should ask him about his inside info on the failed VH reunion of 2000 sometime.

Ask him about "Reactor."

Anyways, I admit that I jumped the gun on this guy. I'm so used to the bullshit threads that clog up MAIN. You will notice that I said I thought of closing it before I clicked in and then decided to inquire as to what this dude's point was.

This has blossomed into quite an intellectual thread which is great.

So here it is....my apologies to Jim Gardner....I didn't take in the point of your thread immediatly, and while I don't agree with all that you are saying, you raise some valid points.

DLR7884
    Ass Cardinal....I thought you wanted to "play" with me? You ran off like the little bitch we all know you to be as soon as you posted that.
    when and where shall we play?

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by diamondsgirl
    I can't be the only one who liked DD???

Its not my favorite, (in fact, its my least favorite). But, I thought Dave sounded good if not great on most songs.
    no i liked it..a lot more than dlr band mainly because he used his regular vocal style...and thug pop was awesome

SHEEP PEN-JUNKHEAD
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DLR7884
    Asshole....you want to duke it out with me, start a thread in NON or in the dump.

Don't spam the MAIN or this thread with your lack of wit.

DLR7884
    Thanks in advance, asshole.
    Gotta roll, go ahead and start a thread though.

I'm sure you'll get a few responses!

DLR7884
    Have a good rest of the weekend.

pat tillman rip
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i like your other name james same ip thats a little strange.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Go ruin the grate thread I started in the NON fool!

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...620#post624620

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I liked quite a bit of DD. Some interesting moments.....

DAVE sounds grate in places.......

Covers? What's the problem? Like DAVE said, ages ago, "If covers were good enough for LED ZEPPELIN...."

Period.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You really are jealous...We both like girls, sorry.

pat tillman rip
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i like your other name james same ip thats a little strange.
    same ip dlr7884 jim gardner. i wonder how az knows that?

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    no i didnt say the site was shit....

i told everyone to stop arguing and taking personal shots at eachother... i love this thread...people are actually discussing the topic.
    in fact, i think the title of the thread was'stop arguing'

i aint gonna say fuck you, cause i dont really have a reason to hate you

a few minutes ago...you said, "The point is, the real sheep are the ones that love to attack someone because his viewpoint comes off as slightly off-center from the usual Army rhetoric."

i like when people have different opinions...and i hate when people get attacked like flies on shit just because they dont think the same way as others...

THAT was the point of the thread a couple months ago

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    FUCK OFF, SHEEP!
    "Dave, these motherfuckers are out of line!!!"

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    see what i mean

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...threadid=21396

thats the old thread

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Words to live by...

by POJO Risin

This dude walked up to me and some fucking broad. We were standing outside, shooting the shit...you know, $5 for the alley shot...or $100 and I get to watch her gargle.

So this dude walks up...says, "You know, that fucking hat you have on is the same hat that I had growing up. Nice fucking pom-pom on the top. I wouldn't fucking wear that goddamned hat now for anything. But you know what...you got some fucking balls wearing it..."

"Gee," I said, "This fine looking woman is going to be checking on those balls in a moment..."

He walked away with a wink...

Funny thing is, I didn't have a hat on...

Don't spread mayonaise on your chest and lay face first in the sand...

I highly recommend not snapping a clipboard clip on a hard-on...unless it's not yours...in which case you are a fucking home...and should be castrated anyways...

And every third Sunday of every month, goto the mall, stand outside Victoria's Secrets...and goose a tall brunette.

Goose Sunday, Ohhhh...Yeah...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I still stand by what I said then......

A sense of humor is a valuable asset.........

And by the way...I didn't notice DAVE using the "Go! Go!" vocal mannerism in SARNIA. It might be gone.

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Red face all new stuff sucks

Interesting post. My buddy said to me 2 years ago, "your tapes are all from the 80's, why don't you expand your horizon" I said, "I listen to the radio, and everything sucks:" I hate U2 ,Mathews band, RAP FUCKIN SHIT, and all the new MTV bands I see are horrible. Dave is a millionare. He does not need the cash. He plays because he loves it. I would gladly pay 55.00 bucks to be in the front row, like last night. He rocked, and sounded great. I have no interest in seeing a band called "Simple Plan" or "Green Day".

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And there's not a fucking thing wrong with that...

let em hang baby!!
    Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think the reason why everyone is so touchy about this post is the fact that Van Hagar has absolutely humiliated themselves over the past year + and I Don't feel that Dave has at all. I went to see his concert last summer when he played in Vancouver and it was awesome. Much better than his 94 show. Everyone wants Dave back in VH. Well, at least they did until we found out more about how fucked up Eddie is.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by spmusicplyr
    i aint gonna say fuck you, cause i dont really have a reason to hate you

.......the usual Army rhetoric."

i like when people have different opinions...and i hate when people get attacked like flies on shit just because they dont think the same way as others...
    Welp, alot has changed since I went to get BANNED from the dangerous pronforum.

1st off, that's signature worthy stuff. The only thing that's fucked up is I say "fuck you" to folks I don't hate all the time. You know, "can I borrow your truck tomorrow?"

FUCK YOU.

The usual ARMY rhetoric? LMFAO....that's ridiculous....I challenge anyone to nail down the usual Army rhetoric. It's like trying to figure out what the fuck attacks flies on shit.

If you're trying to compare this site to microbial food chain rhetoric, I've got two words for ya:

FUCK YOU.

Hold on..... two more:

ARRIBA DEARCHAY!

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I really don't give a shit what Dave does and i have no opinion as long as he does what he wants to do.
    His life is his ship to cruise. if he wants to play the same show year after year, or go in the studio and blast out something fresh and new, more power to the man.

It's my choice if i want to see him LIVE, or buy his albums.
    But if i don't like something, I say i don't like it, period.

The part about being "vital" is kind of dumb though. If Dave feels good after a show, then he is vital to himself and that is what's important because in the grand scheme of things, what we think isn't important to Dave unless he wants it to be.
    We're the one's who aren't vital if the truth be told.

Dave knows his peak is behind him, and I know it too.
    But seeing Dave do the old stuff, to add the element of the VH sound that you don't get from Van Hagar wake is a treat, nothing more and nothing less.
    He does it for the fans, which is more than you can say about a lot of performers through rock history.
    And i tell you what, it sits better seeing him perform the old stuff than it does to watch a clone band pretend to be them.
    But it's a show, and people like it, so more power to them all.

I've only seen Dave twice since the EEAS tour, so i haven't allowed myself to burn out on the dude.
    But if he wants to tour I support him in that. I'm not going to sit around and bitch because he doesn't do what I think he should do.
    He's a performer and he does it well, maybe not as youthful as he once was, but who of us that have been there since VH I is?

Should i stop playing because i'm 20 years past my prime? Hell No, and nobody else should either.
    That fact is, people DO still buy his tickets, so i say Good For him.

That's life, and you can't deny it.....

Bring Back Flappo!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: No longer vital, RIP DLR.

Wayne L., is that you?

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If it was Wayne L. it would have all bled together without spaces or punctuation.
    And it would have ended with some shit about long legs and sexy feet.

Bring Back Flappo!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It was a case of wishful thinking, Cat.

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    But why?

He hangs out at the Beatles board so i hear, and they don't much care for him either.

But he cant help it we arent real fans of the legendary wayne because we are mental cases that have no taste in people with strange fetishes and still a virgin at 40 while he writes his 400 song lyrics that are really just terribly bad poems that no melody will ever fit and when he gets really mad he threatens to have sites taken down because people rip him apart when he makes posts that only an Advil employee can appreciate.

Damn, I needed oxygen just reading his shit, not to mention the fucking migrains.

It's 3 6 9 Time....Uh
    Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Its 3 6 9 time!

Dave or not the grave baby. I love what you said in that first post because it is sooooooooooooooooooooooo true!! Roth is not relevant anymore sooooooooooooooooooooooooo get over all the old 1980's BS.

Thread Information