Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

I don't like him as a player...DLoc...because I am a Steeler fan...and generally speaking...if there's another team that's fucking dominating the league...other than the Steelers...I hate them...

nothing more or less than that...

I also would get pissed off every time they compared him to Bradshaw on the field...

Yo Nick...did you ever goto a bar named NoNames?

A friend of mine owned it...closed a few years back...but I used to go there in the early 90's for big events.

Was there one night during Kelly's qb challenge...and was sitting in the middle of Moon, Kosar, Bruce Smith and a few others. Kelly wasn't there (I think he had a bar either across the street...or down the street a bit)...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

I liked Kelly ok, obviously was a talented passer.

Tore up the USFL, and led the Bills to the 4 straight SB's.

You'd think he could have gotten it done in at least one of them.

Always devastating and tragic to lose a child.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
        I don't like him as a player...DLoc...because I am a Steeler fan...and generally speaking...if there's another team that's fucking dominating the league...other than the Steelers...I hate them...

nothing more or less than that...

I also would get pissed off every time they compared him to Bradshaw on the field...

Yo Nick...did you ever goto a bar named NoNames?

A friend of mine owned it...closed a few years back...but I used to go there in the early 90's for big events.

Was there one night during Kelly's qb challenge...and was sitting in the middle of Moon, Kosar, Bruce Smith and a few others. Kelly wasn't there (I think he had a bar either across the street...or down the street a bit)...
        Holy shit, I remember the name, but not the location...That was in the city right?

Yeah, those bars are tough to keep going here. KELLY's place folded awhile ago.

Those guys used to hang out (and probably still do to a lesser extent) at "The Big Tree Inn" right by RW Stadium. I saw Darryl TALLEY there a lot, he used to bring in his entourage, a lot of good lookin' birds. Those fucking guys could drink, and on an autumn, saturday night too.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Yeah Nick D...most definately in the City...

it was a relatively small place considering the others that were on the same stretch...and there were a bunch...

I shit you not...fucking Bruce Smith comes walking in...with 3 paper grocery bags...2 full...

he sits at the bar...and opens up one...and it's full of fucking wings...

now you have to realize...I'm sitting in the bar not realizing that there was anything going on...Bar was relatively empty...and here I am...a big fucking sports fan...and in comes Bruce Smith...with 2 full grocery bags full of wings...and the other to put the bones in...

which he ended up not needing because Anthony (the friend that's parents owned the bar) walked behind the bar...comped him beer for the night...gave him a plate for the wings, and told the waitresses to make sure there weren't more than 5 bones on his plate at one time...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

But the real surreal moment came the following night...we went to a Grateful Dead show...and had left early...the bars there were open until 4...so we headed to nonames...without Anthony...just figured we could keep the fucking motor runnin' after the show...we get there...

and there's this woman out in front of the bar...Anthony had said she was a cig butt bum...

so we lit one up...and through a half lit cigarette on the ground...lmfao...and you would have thought we tossed down a million dollars. She moved faster than Derek Jeter running towards naked penis...

but we walk in...and standing not two feet past the bouncer chair...was Warren Moon. Now...I look to my friend, and say, "That looks like Warren Moon..."

My friend says...Why the fuck would Warren Moon be here...

lmfao...

and he was right...so we take another 10 steps...and I literally run smack into this HUGE dude...tall...I look up...and it's Bernie Kosar...whom I to this day hate...

As I'm staring at him...I say to my friend Brian...

"Dude, WTF is up with the lookalike qb's here..."

and Kosar says, "Vinny Testeverde, nice to meet you..." cracks up...and walks around me...

sits at the same table with Moon...

Testeverde was there...Bruce showed up again with wings...

Dave Krieg..and a few others were there as well...

Marino and Kelly were across the street at some shindig...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

But the real surreal moment came the following night...we went to a Grateful Dead show...and had left early...the bars there were open until 4...so we headed to nonames...without Anthony...just figured we could keep the fucking motor runnin' after the show...we get there...

and there's this woman out in front of the bar...Anthony had said she was a cig butt bum...

so we lit one up...and through a half lit cigarette on the ground...lmfao...and you would have thought we tossed down a million dollars. She moved faster than Derek Jeter running towards naked penis...

but we walk in...and standing not two feet past the bouncer chair...was Warren Moon. Now...I look to my friend, and say, "That looks like Warren Moon..."

My friend says...Why the fuck would Warren Moon be here...

lmfao...

and he was right...so we take another 10 steps...and I literally run smack into this HUGE dude...tall...I look up...and it's Bernie Kosar...whom I to this day hate...

As I'm staring at him...I say to my friend Brian...

"Dude, WTF is up with the lookalike qb's here..."

and Kosar says, "Vinny Testeverde, nice to meet you..." cracks up...and walks around me...

sits at the same table with Moon...

Testeverde was there...Bruce showed up again with wings...

Dave Krieg..and a few others were there as well...

Marino and Kelly were across the street at some shindig...
              Kelly was real close with MOON and MARINO for awhile.

Ha ha! Your BRUCE SMITH story always confirmed what a bullshitter that guy was.. I remember that reporters used to always mention in their articles periodically about SMITH, who was never really that popular of a guy, that he always ate super healthy. Only grilled chicken or lean steak blah blah blah (no chicken wings or beer)... Then they'd sort of put little digs at him in for always getting the perennial "injury at the beginning of training camp" so he could sit out and watch, then he'd be just fine for pre-season. SMITH's biggest media nemesis was JERRY SULLIVAN, who used to always call out SMITH when he was being a floater, or just playing for sacks, and not trying to stop the run as much. SULLY, who is a really good columnist for the BUFFALO NEWS, subtly made fun of SMITH for his big Lays potato chips commercial when he supposedly used a spit bucket between takes, and never ate a chip.

I think SULLY said something to the effect, "yeah, but now SMITH's in the 'best shape of his life' again, just in time to ride the pine at training camp."

BRUCE SMITH also "fell asleep" at a traffic light near his home in VIRGINIA in the wee hours of the morning. But it wasn't because he was drinking at the local establishment, even though he had been idling at the light for over an hour apparently. He said he was "narcoleptic," the fact that he was just under the legal limit had nothing to do with it.

I could go on and on about these guys, I knew some people indirectly connected to the team, and they were the only show in town from about 1988 to 1995.

I don't know if you know the mod SENSIBLE SHOES over at DDLR, but maybe we should ask her what she knows about the reporter named LORI, that caused a severe feud between KELLY and REED (they were both fucking her at the same time, and each thought they were the only one.) Afterward, it was rumored KELLY tried not to throw to REED for a while. That was right before the superbowl years...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

I remember the fact that they didn't get along at one point...

trust me dude...it was Bruce Smith...eating a bag...two bags of fucking wings...

after Habib got the guy a plate...I asked him why the fuck he would let him bring in someone elses wings...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I remember the fact that they didn't get along at one point...

trust me dude...it was Bruce Smith...eating a bag...two bags of fucking wings...

after Habib got the guy a plate...I asked him why the fuck he would let him bring in someone elses wings...
                  BRUCE ate a lot of that stuff, he also drank like a fish.

And those guys were Gods among us here. BRUCE could have killed a deer, brought it in, gutted it, and eaten raw and any bar owner would have gladly cleaned up the entrails for him.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Trust me...I know that's the truth...and he was there long...and really late...

after the dead show...we were there until about 3 AM...and he was there when we left...drinking...and eating...a lot...lmfao...and no spit bucket...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Trust me...I know that's the truth...and he was there long...and really late...

after the dead show...we were there until about 3 AM...and he was there when we left...drinking...and eating...a lot...lmfao...and no spit bucket...
                      Oh, I believe ya', I'm just saying what a phoney BRUCE could be. He used to say all this absurd shit. I can't remember most of it, but he was a very good end that could have been great.

How was that DEAD show?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

lmfao...

it was great...second time I saw them...Sting was opening...

mind you...I wasn't a Dead fan...

also saw them in Buffalo with Steve Miller and some other band opening...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Both times to HUGE crowds at Rich...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Both times to HUGE crowds at Rich...
                            I'm not a DEAD fan much myself, but I remember (I'm thinking late 80's, maybe 1990) a lot of fights, which led to a mini riot, took place at RICH, and the DEAD were pissed off and basically said they would never play the stadium here again. I think they stopped for like a year or so...And then came right back.

The DEAD was one of two bands that could consistantly sell out that venue, the other was the STONES, and they skip BUFFALO in favor of more Toronto shows now. Selling that place out is no small feat since it had/has one of the largest seating capacities of any NFL stadium. I saw The WHO there in 89.'
                            Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-06-2005, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

My first show at Rich...I knew I was in a scary place...lmfao...

they opened with that one hit that they had...

and we were roaming around the concourse...they start playing...and this dude that was laying in a heap...stands up...

and runs as fast as he can right into a wall...

I was like..."holy fuck...here we go..."

Weird shit man...weird shit...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

I've never seen so many people in my life...

Comment

Working...