Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Remembering Jerry Garcia

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • academic punk
    Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

I fuckin' hate Garcia.

And for the record, all three times I've hooked up with a Dead Head, it's resulted in the most boring, most frigid sex, with the most inane post-coital blabberings, that I've ever had to endure.

God, he was shit.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

I was never a fan of Garcia either.

But the ice cream created in his honor is pretty good.

ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
      Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• academic punk
        Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
        I was never a fan of Garcia either.

But the ice cream created in his honor is pretty good.

Yes. Nothing like ice cream dedicated to and named after a diabetic.

Comment

• Mezro
          Full Member Status

• May 2004

When I think of Jerry Garcia, I think of a fat hippy fuck who drugged his fucking life and talent away.

Sad too - the guy should still be here enjoying life and making music.

As for Doucheheads: brush your teeth, groom your wild pubic nest, figure out that patchouli is not a replacement for soap and stop protesting shit you know nothing about. Try this thing called working...it works much better than begging for fucking change.

Mezro...trust me...you can be a rebel and contribute something to society at the same time...
          Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Keeyth
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Apr 2004

True, very true...
            Knowing and believing are two very different things.

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.

Comment

• VonHalen
              Foot Soldier
              • Jul 2005

i liked garcia/GD music was laid back, different from the norm.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

Originally posted by Mezro
                When I think of Jerry Garcia, I think of a fat hippy fuck who drugged his fucking life and talent away.

Sad too - the guy should still be here enjoying life and making music.

As for Doucheheads: brush your teeth, groom your wild pubic nest, figure out that patchouli is not a replacement for soap and stop protesting shit you know nothing about. Try this thing called working...it works much better than begging for fucking change.

Mezro...trust me...you can be a rebel and contribute something to society at the same time...

I hear ya.....
                Hooked up with a Dhead ...decided not to bang her once I discovered her hairy unkempt legs and she explained the finer points of "dumpster diving"..............PEE...YOOOOO !!!!!!

Half of those chumps were/are living off their parents $$$ anyway.True rebels....ha !

As for Garcia......Anyone who abuses themselves like he did , looks good on him !
                The Dead are fuckin dead......GET OVER IT !!!!!!!!!!!

That's my opinion !
                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• academic punk
                  Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Someone I went to colege with who was an anthropology major actually managed to do a field research thesis on "The Culture of the Grateful Dead".

She followed the Dead around for an entire semester, got accomodations, reimbursements for food and gas and the price of the shows tickets, her entire life for five months PAID FOR BY THE SCHOOL.

Nailed the thesis too apparently. She should be running the country any day now...

Comment

• Northern Girl
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Re: Remembering Jerry Garcia

I forgot he was dead! :p
                    Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• rustoffa
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

The whole thing escapes me...it's definetely some kinda sub-culture. If you wanna listen to a jam band, at least Dickey Betts beat the shit out of his wife....I guess Greg Allman fucked cher or something.

I will say this much, I went downtown to buy a pre-fab mantel for my fireplace years ago, and the DEAD were in town. They were everywhere, and cuntpletely blocked the entrance to the loading dock alley @ the mantel building. My dad gave one of the enforcers that was laying on the curb some cigarettes, and they moved.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Think American Beauty and Workingman's Dead were two great albums, mostly because the band concentrated on delivering songs rather than infinite, acid-laden meanderings.

Never had much use for the Dead. Saw 'em once, just prior to the whole In The Dark/Touch of Grey top-40 single/Influx of teenaged yuppies into the fanbase in the mid 1980s. The show was really boring. No sense of dynamics. Garcia, and the rest of the band, had talent, but what they produced just wasn't doing it for me.

Got no use for the whole Dead subculture, either. Am pretty much with Eric Cartman , far as 'hippies' are concerned.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• thome
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Mar 2005

Like every band they had a few good tunes

the live concerts i saw were so good...(sarkasm)

The 2 hr and 57.6 min version of TRUCKIN!
                          what a waste of good ganja and cash.

Comment

Working...