Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

Posting as catharsis

"What we need to do to have law and order in the West is to take all the (insert corrupt executive type here) out into the street and shoot them down like dogs!!!!

The above was a favorite line of the newspaper editor portrayed by British actor Henry Hull in the 1939 film "Jesse James" starring Henry Fonda and Tyrone Power.

He may not have meant it, but he surely felt better by saying it.

Much is the same when posting here. For me anyway.

Though in most cases I post what I mean.

Occasionally I will post something just to push someone's buttons who deserve it haha, or to just go off the deep end with the purpose of making people (and myself) laugh hysterically.

For the most part, message boards are the original "blogs". You can post about things that are on your mind, post about wishes and dreams (winning the lottery, getting a droolingly lengthy blowjob from Nicole Kidman, seeing GW (Chimpzilla) Bush ridden out of D.C. tarred and feathered on a rail, etc.) or just post about anything.

Overall, I must assume (and most psychologists would agree) that getting stuff off your chest is beneficial to the psyche.

No need to keep it all pent up inside, leading to stress, hyper-tension, nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, insanity or death.

Just post about it. Sure you could reasonably say what someone posts could be seen as a window to their soul. It must be noted that messageboard postings should not in many cases be taken literally, as in the case of the crotchety old newspaper editor.

And this brings to mind the thought about your online persona being similar or not to your real world counterpart.

Some people ARE their online persona. Some people would rather spend cyberlife as an alias.

Sometimes I wonder if I go too far when posting, but then, I feel the first reaction to something is the correct one 99% of the time.

I have had homes at other websites where the political correctness made "fun" non-existent.

The admins at a famous sci-fi actor's message board, for instance are so politically correct that even though they preach tolerance of all people, races, etc., they are actually some of the most intolerant admins and mods I have ever witnessed. To even post a dumb blonde joke, or to defend the rights of people to post one (or to be called Sheila) is enough to get you banned permanently.
    Their "webspace" truly IS the "Final Frontier".

That is what is so cool about this place. Pojo Risin once said that the only rule here is the mods do whatever the fuck they want.

Sounds cool to me.

For the rest of us, that just means more insanity, more coolness, and a never-ending stream of entertaining silliness that surely makes my day much more exciting.

We all need a place to vent.
    About stoopid peepul, politicians, homo rump-ranging pole-smokers like Joe Thudner, and idiot Vietnamses miilionaires like Tom Vu.

And I think it does us all good as far as mental health goes.

The crazier we are, the more sane our existence is.

Kinda like the TV show M*A*S*H. In order to make their existence more tolerable, they could be seen by narrow-minded Psychiatrists (or Mr. G) as absolutely insane, and worthy of a custom-fitted white vest with extra long sleeves.

When in reality they are the most sane people in that neck of the woods.

Oh well.

End of rambling, incoherent lecture.

Fuck you all.

Your term papers are due on the forty-eleventh of Octember. How you do on this essay will determine your future as a silly person.

Last edited by Hardrock69; 08-11-2005 at 01:14 PM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Thread Information