What the fuck is the deal with REO SPEEDWAGON?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GreenBayLA
    Sniper
    • Jan 2006

OMG Does it get any better than THIS?!?!?!??!?! REO & STYX TOGETHER......Just look at the orgasma-babe below....(sarcasm alert)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q_jUkhEd8co&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q_jUkhEd8co&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I had the Live album (Golden Country and Ridin the Storm Out) and 9 Nives back in the day.
    Last edited by GreenBayLA; 07-13-2010, 04:37 AM.
    "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

Stynx is another act who were a real rock band in the early 70s, who eventually sold out and became a lame pop band (like VH).

Comment

• hambon4lif
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
        Stynx is another act who were a real rock band in the early 70s, who eventually sold out and became a lame pop band (like VH).
        I agree. To this day, I refuse to believe that the same band that did "Miss America" (and the kickass song below) is the same band that did that retarded Mr. fucking Roboto!

No Way!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CSXTu-WllZ8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CSXTu-WllZ8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

I agree completely. I was already hating them for their lame sugar-coated bullshit they began releasing in the late 70s, then Mr. Roboto came out.

Fucking stupid shit.

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

In an odd bit of synchronicity with the last couple of posts, was watching VH1 Classic the other day and the Mr. Roboto vid came on. While watching it, I was hard pressed to think of another band killed off as quickly by a bad musical choice/change of direction (with the possible exception of Van Halen and Why Can't This Be Love) as Styx and Mr. Roboto. I mean, Styx were already skirting the edges of gayness by turning over the mic to DeYoung for the last few ballad singles on the previous two album releases, but...well...holy fuck, Mr. Roboto was terrible.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Think of....uh...what was that guys name? Did the song "Everybody Wants You?" Billy Squier? Did that fucking video where he was prancing around like a fucking homo.....I have seen mention of that incident in some rock documentaries.....the public's image of him as a 'masculine rocker' took a steep nosedive from which his career never recovered.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

I'll be goddamned.....just doing some research to see if I could find the exact date I saw REO opening for the Doobie Bros.
                At the Doobie Bros. official website, I checked out the discography. The first TWELVE Doobie Brothers albums starting in 1972 were produced by Ted Templeman and 10 of those were also engineered by Don Landee!
                What a trip!

Here....grabbed the photo album just now and scanned these three off.

This was at the Carolina Coliseum in Columbia, SC in July 1977. Taken with a Kodak 110 Pocket Instamatic. Had that little thing for 20 years and used/abused the shit out of it.

Last edited by Hardrock69; 07-16-2010, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                  Think of....uh...what was that guys name? Did the song "Everybody Wants You?" Billy Squier? Did that fucking video where he was prancing around like a fucking homo.....I have seen mention of that incident in some rock documentaries.....the public's image of him as a 'masculine rocker' took a steep nosedive from which his career never recovered.
                  Yeah, that was another glorious career-killer. Billy jumping around like Ed Grimley after having raided the leftover wardrobe from the Flashdance movie.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                    Yeah, that was another glorious career-killer. Billy jumping around like Ed Grimley after having raided the leftover wardrobe from the Flashdance movie.
                    Right around the same time, he invited Def Leppard to open for him when "Pyromania" hit the shelves and became the fucking monster that it did. The last time I witnessed grand upstaging like that was when Black Sabbath thought it was safe to let hotshot rookie upstarts Van Halen open up for them.

Billy has made some tremendously bad decisions with his career.....it's almost as if he wanted to work his ass off in order to stand in the fucking breadline.

Prancing around like a queer in a video called "Rock Me Tonite" only "greased the rails".......so to speak.
                    Last edited by hambon4lif; 07-17-2010, 01:39 AM.

Comment

• Ralphy Lee Fox
                      Roadie
                      • Mar 2010

If you're over 50 - you most probably like Reo Speedwagon.
                      "You keep on raining and I'll still be the parade"
                      David Lee Roth

Comment

• hambon4lif
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Ralphy Lee Fox
                        Or...if you are under 50, appreciate good music, and far less reliant on the Flex-Net and the faggot pout...you most probably like REO Speedwagon.

Comment

• Ralphy Lee Fox
                          Roadie
                          • Mar 2010

Hey, I didn't mean to say they're bad or anything so save your pathetic efforts to insult me.

I think they're quite ok but it's typical music for old farts. But then again, yeah you're quite close to 50, aren't you?
                          David Lee Roth

Comment

• hambon4lif
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

Hey, I didn't mean to say they're bad or anything so save your pathetic efforts to insult me.

I think they're quite ok but it's typical music for old farts. But then again, yeah you're quite close to 50, aren't you?
                            I don't think it was cuntsidered an "effort"...I think I did just fine!

You can tuna fish, but you can't tuna poseur!

How did you end up on a David Lee Roth site? Especially when the Motley Crue site appears to be fully functional?

You could talk all the shit you want to about age....but if the both of us were in a frontman competition, you'd end up crawling up into a ball in the corner out of exasperated embarassment, and back to selling Boy Scout cookies where you belong!

Fuck you and your weak-ass bullshit!

Comment

• Ralphy Lee Fox
                              Roadie
                              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                              I don't think it was cuntsidered an "effort"...I think I did just fine!
                              Yeah, only you.

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                              You could talk all the shit you want to about age....but if the both of us were in a frontman competition, you'd end up crawling up into a ball in the corner out of exasperated embarassment, and back to selling Boy Scout cookies where you belong!

Fuck you and your weak-ass bullshit!
                              Oh you fighter. True warrior.
                              Seems like you slowly are getting offended and that amuses me, faggot.
                              David Lee Roth

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2004

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Working...