Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave, Lane County Fair

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Dave, Lane County Fair

I read in another thread where someone thought the Eugene, Oregon show was cancelled. As of today, tickets are still on sale... so I am hoping this show is still a go.

On the tickets page, Tickets West is using an old, but not old enough to be flattering picture of Dave. That really bites.

There is also no mention of who is warming up for Dave. Does anyone know? Is it Dave only?

Do you think Dave will give Ray recognition on his new venture at this show?

Ha... remember the speculation last year when Van Hagar toured... "Will Dave be joining Van Halen on this tour?"

I can see it now... Dave announces that Ray is leaving the band and he will be holding auditions for a drummer...

Alex steps up out of the audience and says he would like a chance to audition...

Eddie steps up from another corner of the audience and says if his brother is playing... so is he.

Michael, well of course, Michael would chime in somewhere saying"Hey... I wanna play too".

Well...it could happen.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status

Re: Dave, Lane County Fair

Originally posted by Kelly_Clark

Ha... remember the speculation last year when Van Hagar toured... "Will Dave be joining Van Halen on this tour?"

I can see it now... Dave announces that Ray is leaving the band and he will be holding auditions for a drummer...

Alex steps up out of the audience and says he would like a chance to audition...

Eddie steps up from another corner of the audience and says if his brother is playing... so is he.

Michael, well of course, Michael would chime in somewhere saying"Hey... I wanna play too".

and Dave speaks nice and slow "Fuuuuuuuuck you" mainly so Alex wont be cuntfused over the big words and so Ed can remember later on when he's sober and Mike so he can run to Sammy crying about it. That's just my personal thoughts on a CVH reunion.
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Desi Rexx pops up.

somebody shoots him.

Eric Singer and Bruce Kulick stand up, and tell Dave, if you can convince Mike Anthony to do it, you can call yourself Van Halen, I mean, thats what Gene and Paul did! Bruce then asks if Dave knows the world to "Uh! All Night"

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And we all know what Dave has to say about that...

"I forgot the fucking words man...."

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I only wish Paul Stanley had!

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'll be there, if it's still a go...I haven't got my tickets yet, I was just planning on buying them the day of (and by that logic, if it gets cancelled between now and then, I won't have to worry about it).
    Twistin' by the pool.

the one and only
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Its logic like that that allows shows to get cancelled for sluggish ticket sales.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by daone
    Its logic like that that allows shows to get cancelled for sluggish ticket sales.
    Yeah Bob get with the program!!
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Wink

Hey folks,
    I'm in Portland, and I'm all ready for the Lane County Fair where Dave is gonna be Friday! Me and my lady-friend got our smiles and joints packed! Will give a review if I can AND PHOTOS!!!! I can smell tits and beer now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Here some cool pics

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ok.........

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    !!

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I LOVE THIS ONE!!

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You can cut the tension with a knife just looking at this one..........

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    an oooooooooooooooooold poster from Pasdena.............

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Another classic.................

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So let the count down begin!

guwapo_rocker
    When's the show? Tomorrow??

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Heading out this afternoon. Got my shit ready already

guwapo_rocker
    Okay Bob, let's have the review and the pics!!!

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
    Okay Bob, let's have the review and the pics!!!
    Shouldn't you be swilling java or something someplace else? The Sheep Pen doesn't like you. Hence, Bob doesn't like you either.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

guwapo_rocker
    You don't speak for Bob Max, he can think for himself.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

A Local Review Of The Lane County Fair Show

http://www.registerguard.com/news/20...ion=cityregion

LANE COUNTY FAIR
    Just for kicks: Former Van Halen front man gives fans young and old a chance to dance the night away
    By Carolyn Lamberson
    The Register-Guard
    Published: Saturday, August 20, 2005

David Lee Roth is 49 years old. His days as lead singer of a mega-selling arena rock band are 20 years behind him.

But the former Van Halen front man still knows how to have a good time. And how to look good doing it.

Roth mined the vast catalog of Van Halen hits for his show Friday night at the Lane County Fair. His trademark mane of blond hair is kept short these days, and only a few wrinkles and the hint of a bald spot would betray his age. He still sports a trim build, and made a point of showing off his sculpted arms. In many ways, he seemed like the David Lee Roth that fans have been listening to since Van Halen came on the scene in 1978.

In his 17-song, 90-minute set, it was one big hit after another, interspersed with some of the highlights of his solo career. "Hot for Teacher," "Runnin' With the Devil," "You Really Got Me," "Jamie's Crying," "Panama," "Dance the Night Away" and "Ice Cream Man" all found a place in the set. So did solo hits "Just Like Paradise," "California Girls" and "Just a Gigolo."

advertisement The crowd of 2,000, which covered a wide age range but seemed to average in the late 30s and early 40s, was on board from the get-go, climbing to their feet as soon as "Diamond Dave" took the stage to perform Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher."

Lesa Eastman, 39, and Don Stillman, 41, both of Springfield, had seats in the third row. They described themselves as big Van Halen fans who were keen to see Roth in action.

"Just to see if he still has his moves, because, God knows, I don't," Stillman said before the show.

It seems Roth still did have the moves. Throughout the concert, he showed off that famous reverse twist kick move of his. A man in constant motion, he paced the stage, leaping into the air, flirting with the crowd.

"Don't stick your tongue out at me unless you're going to use it," he chided one fan.

He certainly wasn't afraid to play it a bit raunchy, either. He dropped the f-bomb midway through the first song, which probably didn't please many parents who had brought along their young children to the show. Jane Holloway, the fair's marketing manager, said Roth was reminded during a break in the set that the fair is a family venue, and was asked to clean up the language.

Which he mostly did, and instead told some tales about the two summers he spent as a kid working on a ranch in Bend, and how he remembered coming to "this state fair." (No one corrected him).

It seems he had been to the fairgrounds before: Eastman remembers seeing Van Halen at the fairgrounds sometime in the early '80s (the exact year escaped her).

"It was the second concert I'd ever been to," she said. "I got the drumstick, and I was so thrilled."

Drumsticks aside, when it comes to all things Van Halen, Jeff Butler, 42, and Greg McKenney, 41, are the guys to check with. Butler figures he's seen Van Halen 20 times; McKenney puts his attendance at 15. On Friday, they were in the front row.

"This is our generation's music," McKenney said. "They don't make music for our generation anymore. All that rap and hip-hop, we hate it."

Butler even traveled to the Gorge Amphitheatre in Washington four years ago to see Roth play with the other former lead singer of Van Halen, Sammy Hagar. What keeps bringing fans like these out to see Roth alone, without his ex-Van Halen bandmates? Roth's charisma.

"He's a great front man," Butler said. "He added a lot to the early days of Van Halen."

Roth concluded the night with "Jump," the big Van Halen hit from "1984." As the song zoomed toward the end, Roth sported a big smile. "Let me see your hands!" he shouted, and most of his fans complied, clapping with the beat over their heads. "Thank you, Oregon!" And with a bow, he and his band were gone.

Renee Green, 22, and Alan Torres, 21, are two younger fans who had a blast.

"It was awesome," Green said. "He has so much energy."

Torres added, "I'm going to go home, have a beer and jump around a lot."

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You don't speak for Bob Max, he can think for himself.
    Sure he can.:p LMFAO...oh yeah, all the Pen Admins speak so well of you in our PMs or conversations. Our latest approach is thinking of you as the site loser.

Shouldn't you be busy pouring javas for MEWISE & THE FATMAN at the Eddie site?
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

guwapo_rocker
    Rikky, shouldn't you be sucking cock for $5.00 to

save up for your next trip to Cabo??

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Take one more look at that fat pic of you. If anyone has ever been owned at this site, if anyone has ever truly lost another stupid battle, it's you.

Shouldn't you be pouring java at the Eddie site? I thought you hated Linkers? Funny that you spend all your time at a site run by them now. Kinda hypocritical, dontcha think?

Any more aliases you attacking the site with this week? Gonna tell NICK again (as an alias) derogatory comments about the holocaust?

guwapo_rocker
    You're fucking sick.

Last edited by guwapo_rocker; 08-22-2005 at 02:55 PM.

guwapo_rocker
    Not me Rikky, but keep trying. It ain't working.

Derogatory comments about the holocaust??

That's a new low for you Rikky!!!!

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Kelly,what was it like?

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    KIA SORENTO attacked NICK with accusations about NICK making fun of the holocaust.

Here is KIA SORENTO's profile. Pay close attention to the avatar:
    http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/membe...o&userid=15745

KIA SORENTO's IP is almost an exact match for yours and in the same area.

Here is a post you made at your new site, advertising the new avatar for KIA SORENTO:
    http://www.guitars101.com/vb/showpos...&postcount=136

Now, if you look closely, you notice that someone has edited out the picture you posted there. Why have it removed? Because it was you showing off KIA SORENTO's avatar. Why would you have it removed if it wasn't incriminating?

I've asked you before to explain this. You just did the usual "Wasn't me?" bullshit. The minute I made this link and posted about it, that picture was suddenly removed. Any answer for this?

Here's the pic you posted at the other site:

Next time you accuse one of my friends of making fun of the holocaust, you sick fuck, make sure you're not advertising elsewhere who you actually are.

And BTW, FORD wasn't pleased with you attacking the FRONT LINES, nor were the other mods.

Gonna send anymore alerts to the mod room? Or are you too busy planning another attack to this site as an alias? Nobody's buying it anymore, sicko.

Once again, why would you have the pic removed by a mod from your post if it wasn't incriminating? And why did you have the same pic used by the attacked of this site in his avatar? And why did you post it the same day that the attacker attacked this site? And why did the attacker's IP almost match yours and he came from the exact same region you live in? And are you claiming, once more, that you have no connection to KIA SORENTO?

Leave, GUWAPO. You don't fucking deserve to post anymore.

guwapo_rocker
    Not me dude but nice try.

What would you do without me Rikk?? Who would you stalk next??

Which aliases will you develop next and try to pin on someone else?

I don't have time for that shit.

Although I am sick of your shit, I will take a moment to say this

seriously.....It is not me, and I have no knowledge of who it is

or who it may be.

Why would a Roth fan leave a Roth board??

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Whatever, bro. The IP almost matches. Same area. You showing off the avatar at another site. It gets removed suddenly over there from your post after I call you out on it. And it all happens the day after you leave this site, go over to the other site and then declare with all your little friends that the Army sucks.

The only stalker here, moron, is the guy attacking almost every forum in this place with an alias. You still didn't explain why you were showing off that avatar in a post or why you had the pic removed.

You lie badly, bro.

You've gone after me every time, bro. I just finish the job. That's why I haven't been told off about it, bro...because every one knows that you like the hit and run method, but you bit off more than you could chew when you tried to take me on. Go back to Carmine's and declare that the Army sucks once again.
    Last edited by Rikk; 08-22-2005 at 03:46 PM.

guwapo_rocker
    ZZZZZZZZZZ give it a rest sicko.

Thisd is the Roth army!! I am a Roth fan, and this is where I post.

I do not attack this site.

You have too much time on your hands.

Yet not enough time to see a David Lee Roth show.

There are 3,000,000 people in my "area".

You need to get a life.

Now leave me the fuck alone!!

LMAO.

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's a damn good review for Roth!

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I know..but hey...he deserves nothing less.

shame the way he's going,it will be the last gig review we may see for awhile

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Rikky, shouldn't you be sucking cock for $5.00 to

save up for your next trip to Cabo??
    Shouldn't you be photoshopping pictures related to your gerbil obsession?

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ZZZZZZZZZZ give it a rest sicko.
    No, YOU give it a rest. IP's don't lie and quit playing the innocent "who me?" routine. You're busted dipshit now move on!!!

Thisd is the Roth army!! I am a Roth fan, and this is where I post.
    Why bother anymore? Your "Our Gang" tis' fucking gone. Your fleet has lost. Besides, your posts blow.

Late.

I do not attack this site.
    *cough* BULLSHIT!!! *cough*

Yet not enough time to see a David Lee Roth show.
    I wouldn't wanna see a Roth show with you either. Even if my life depended on it. FREAK!!!

There are 3,000,000 people in my "area".
    Boasting an avatar that an alias from your area happens to use, the same day you were showing it off at another site? How cuntvenient...

You need to get a life.
    You need to get lost.

Now leave me the fuck alone!!
    You sound like such a boob.
    Last edited by MAX; 08-22-2005 at 08:38 PM.

Thanks forthe dream.- DLR
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    GR, there is no way that alias is anyone but you. That pic from the other site is now gone. But it was the exact same pic of Kia Sorrento's avatar.. You posted it over there on 8/9 and "Kia" signed up here on 8/13.

Then, as soon as you were called out, you stopped posting.
    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Braveheart
    Originally posted by diamondsgirl
    GR, there is no way that alias is anyone but you. That pic from the other site is now gone. But it was the exact same pic of Kia Sorrento's avatar.. You posted it over there on 8/9 and "Kia" signed up here on 8/13.

Then, as soon as you were called out, you stopped posting.
    Let me help you out you skany piece of filth.

Rikk went to Guitars101, copied the pic, made the alias and did the posting. Then he cried alias. WTF would you ignorant idiots do if you didn't have a handful of people to pick on. Your lifes must be rather sad or you are just simply the most pathetic group of people I have ever witnessed. Does this bully bullshit somehow make you feel good about yourselves? I thought as much.

FYI, it's twice as disgusting when a chick does it.

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So says ANOTHER alias

Thread Information