• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ALinChainz
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Moss admits he uses marijuana ``every blue moon''

August 18, 2005

NEW YORK (AP) -- Oakland Raiders receiver Randy Moss admits he has used marijuana since entering the NFL seven years ago and still smokes it ``every blue moon.''

``I have used, you know, marijuana ... since I've been in the league,'' Moss said in an interview for HBO's ``Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel'' scheduled to air Tuesday night. ``But as far as abusing it and, you know, letting it take control over me, I don't do that, no.''

When pressed whether he still smokes marijuana, the star receiver with the checkered past said: ``I might. I might have fun. And, you know, hopefully ... I won't get into any trouble by the NFL by saying that, you know. I have had fun throughout my years and, you know, predominantly in the offseason.

``But, you know, I don't want any kids, you know, watching this taking a lesson from me as far as 'Well, Randy Moss used it so I'm going to use it.' I don't want that to get across. Like I say ... I have used (marijuana) in the past. And every blue moon or every once in a while I might.''

Moss's agent, Dante DiTrapano, said HBO was trying to intentionally damage the player's reputation. He said Moss was talking about past use in the interview.

``In an attempt to promote their dying network, they have maliciously couched his remarks in a manner that is confusing and leaves room for negative interpretation,'' DiTrapano told The Associated Press. ``Randy is not in the NFL substance abuse program and has complied with all urinalysis required by the league, the team, insurance companies, endorsers, etc.''

HBO spokesman Ray Stallone said the network had no reaction to DiTrapano's comments.

``It's worth noting that the portion of the interview to which Mr. DiTrapano appears to be referencing was complete and unaltered,'' Stallone said. ``We believe Randy's remarks speak for themselves.''

The NFL's drug policy calls for up to 10 tests a month after one positive result. A second violation results in a fine equal to the player's salary for four games, a third in a four-game suspension, and a year's suspension for a fourth violation.

Moss has never been suspended for violating the league's drug policy and NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said it is confidential whether the receiver is in the drug program or not.

``We evaluate all conduct related to substance abuse and it is handled confidentially by the doctors,'' Aiello said.

Moss was traded from the Minnesota Vikings in early March. He was limited by a hamstring injury last season and finished with 49 catches for 767 yards and 13 touchdowns. It was the first time in his seven seasons that he didn't reach 1,000 yards receiving.

Moss has had problems on and off the field throughout his college and pro career. He lost scholarships at Notre Dame and Florida State because of a battery charge and marijuana use. He set records at Marshall and clearly was the most dynamic receiver in the 1998 draft, but lasted until 21st overall because of past trouble.

Last year, Moss was fined $10,000 for pretending to pull down his pants and moon the Green Bay crowd during Minnesota's playoff win over the Packers. He also drew criticism for leaving the field with 2 seconds left in a regular-season loss against Washington.

Other transgressions include bumping a traffic control officer with his car in 2002, verbally abusing corporate sponsors on a team bus in 2001 and squirting an official with a water bottle in 1999.

Fire it up Randy!
  • DLR7884
    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

What a shocker!

DLR7884
    LOL.
    Originally Posted by WARF:
    DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Where's that rug for Tagliabue to sweep this one under....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• BigBadBrian
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Geez, Moss is just a dumbass. Period. He can catch that damn ball, though.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• redblkwht
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Yeah & at least he's in camp not crying about the contract
          i predict moss has a career year.

EUAS

Comment

• EbDawson
            Veteran
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by redblkwht
            Yeah & at least he's in camp not crying about the contract
            Who you referring to?
            "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Comment

• Phil theStalker
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Yeh, he's in camp, he's not crying, shit, leave da pot heads alone..

yeh, I thought tit wuz pretty funny dat dis became "newsworthy" haha
              Add to Ignore list

Comment

• rustoffa
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Re: Moss admits he uses marijuana ``every blue moon''

Originally posted by ALinChainz
                August 18, 2005

Moss has had problems on and off the field throughout his college and pro career. He lost scholarships at Notre Dame and Florida State because of a battery charge and marijuana use. He set records at Marshall and clearly was the most dynamic receiver in the 1998 draft, but lasted until 21st overall because of past trouble.

Last year, Moss was fined $10,000 for pretending to pull down his pants and moon the Green Bay crowd during Minnesota's playoff win over the Packers. He also drew criticism for leaving the field with 2 seconds left in a regular-season loss against Washington.

Other transgressions include bumping a traffic control officer with his car in 2002, verbally abusing corporate sponsors on a team bus in 2001 and squirting an official with a water bottle in 1999.
                On an unrelated note, Moss has expressed shock and awe regarding his first view of the silver and black unie with his fucked-up number on the jersey.

"I saw that shit and realized it was a new beginning, Fred told me the fro was cool and if I needed some pine tar to get in the HOF, to come see him. That motherfucker's cool man....he's bald now though....didn't he used to have long hair?"

Comment

• DLR7884
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa
                  That motherfucker's cool man....he's bald now though....didn't he used to have long hair?"
                  Who? Moss?

He's got corn rows.

DLR7884
                  At least that's what it looks like under his gay ass "dew rag."
                  Originally Posted by WARF:
                  DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

I knew Randy when he was a kid. Nice dude. It's almost impossible to grow up in WV and not bong out...there's nothing better to do!

(I didn't realize Dante was his agent; my sister graduated high school w/ him...small world)
                    Originally posted by conmee
                    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                    Originally posted by eddie78
                    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• WARF
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

I smoke weed too.... who gives a shit!

I don't give a fuck if NFL players smoke pot or not... as long as they aren't high on the field.... let them do what they want!!!

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                        I smoke weed too.... who gives a shit!

I don't give a fuck if NFL players smoke pot or not... as long as they aren't high on the field.... let them do what they want!!!
                        ...Exactly. Though since he's in Cali now, he should just get a permit for it
                        Originally posted by conmee
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                        Originally posted by eddie78
                        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• VonHalen
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Jul 2005

hes a raider, he supposed to be a fuck up, it wont be long before ricky williams is a raider too

Comment

• rustoffa
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR7884
                            Who? Moss?
                            That was a reference to Biletnikoff...the Raiders' assistant coach.

He had long hair and pine tar.

LMFAO....that was one helluva broken up post.....I can't help it.

Comment

• EdwardVanHalen1
                              Head Fluffer
                              • May 2005

why the hell would you admit that if you played for the nfl

:confused: :confused:
                              http://www.jokeemail.com/pictures/wackojacko.jpg

Comment

Working...