Thread: CVH Reunion Thoughts...

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    06-12-2009 @ 04:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks

CVH Reunion Thoughts...

I'm new to this but hopefully can add some insight into this whole VH MESS.

I would love to see CVH get back together, but here are my concerns/doubts they will come together and actually pull it off:

1. Eddie (this is based on several years of following these guys by attending their concerts, reading posts, rumors, etc):

-He makes ALL the decisions. Kind of ironic when he mocks DLR and Sammy for having "LSD". He should be talking about himself when he is talking about what everything revolves around. VH3 was his "project" wasn't it?

-As such, think of what a MESS he currently is in (both mentally and physically). I went to a concert @ the reunion tour last year and he just isn't the same guy (pretty sad). Based on what I've read it sounds like the alcohol once again is getting the best of him. And what about the heroin rumors? That was news to me, but when you look at his physical appearance he just might be on the stuff. Yeah I know he had the hip surgery, cancer, divorce, etc, but can that stuff REALLY change your appearance/personality that much? For god sakes, his face looks like a catchers mitt!! It seems like the guy just doesn't care anymore.

-He says he has all this "material" he has been working on for several records. When they put out those new songs on BOBW don't you think of all this "material" that they would come out with "kick ass" songs to prove a point? Let's forget about Haggar for a second. At least the music should have been great. What does this say about the rest of his "material"? I know what you're all thinking. It needs DLR's touch. As do I.

-What is EDDIE'S motivation for a CVH reunion? We all know what ours is but what about HIM? Do you think he cares about the fans anymore? Does he need the $? What do you think?

2. DLR

-I definately like CVH better [even though I never saw a CVH show (damn it!)], but think of the personality differences between DLR and Haggar. Haggar is certainly more conservative than DLR and even with his more conservative demeanor he once again couldn't make it happen with Eddie. What makes us think that Eddie's fuse isn't/won't be much shorter with DLR b/c of his personality? Believe me, I know this is what makes DLR great, but based on Eddie's state/condition it seems like it would be even shorter lived than Haggar's second stint with VH.

3.Alex 4. Mike-They are just the "lap dogs" and I don't think we need to worry about them b/c they will always be up for a CVH reunion.

Here are some possible solutions/observations to get these guys back together:

1. Why don't they hire a psychiatrist/relationship manager to keep Eddie and DLR at peace with each other? It seems like once they are playing music together they can make it happen. It's the before and after that is the issue which is why this person might be able to help. Didn't Metallica do something like that? I know you're probably thinking I'm an idiot for bringing this idea to the table, but if they could do this for 1 last album and tour, isn't that all "we" would need for our "fix"?

2. Hire the guys that got Motley Crue back together. I see parallels between Eddie/DLR and Tommy Lee/Vince Neil. Yeah they're not the best of friends, but al least they're touring together and making it happen for the fans.

3. For the sake of CVH fans, why can't DLR just tell Eddie what he wants to hear just for one last album/tour? How tough would that be? I can't believe DLR can't figure that one out. Maybe do the same thing to Eddie that he did to DLR in 1996 only wait until the album/tour are over.

Anyway, in summary I believe this is an Eddie/DLR issue and with Eddie's state and DLR's personailty I just don't see it happening.

Would I like them to? You bet. The world just isn't the same without CVH together.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Vamos dar um jeito!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-30-2015 @ 04:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

A CVH reunion would be tainted, ridiculed, and just plain cursed before they even hit the road. The legend has been tarnished enough. We need to let it go. Dave needs to move on. Ed is finished.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    All it would take is the will to do it by all involved.

Doesn't require group therapy. Just an agreement to split the proceeds equally and a commitment to excellence.

Probably best off that it doesn't happen, anyway. Even seeing the CVH live unreleased footage put out there is too much to hope for at this point. Dave can just keep on rocking, and Ed can continue doing...whatever Ed wants to do.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    03-04-2024 @ 05:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by light 'em up!
    A CVH reunion would be tainted, ridiculed, and just plain cursed before they even hit the road. The legend has been tarnished enough. We need to let it go. Dave needs to move on. Ed is finished.
    No...I still have hope.

Ed does respect Dave's creativity and ED needs Dave's (and Templeman's?) help in arranging song structure.

As a guitarist he is still brilliant, but needs some perspective.

Ed doesn't want it to end like this, with that fat Santa dissing him on his Spammypalooza tour...f-ing joke!

C'mon Ed!!!

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-31-2022 @ 04:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,468 Posts

Fuck those Van Halen cocksuckers!!!

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-18-2010 @ 02:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I seriously think the only parties capable of actually pulling off a live performance would be Dave and Michael Anthony. With the sisters animosity and chemicals, I dunno if they could even make it through one fucking song. Couldn't you just see Dave doing a rap and both of the sisters acting like cunts and wanting to bring the show down with them? Anthony at least would play the part. Fuck, that guy cannot take anything too seriously if he's willing to share a stage with the embarrassment of rock and roll. *cough* Hagar *cough*

Dave or the grave bitches
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-03-2009 @ 05:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Why can't they go back to this?
    (retorical question)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2008 @ 05:19 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I too still have hope.

We've heard the stories of Ed playing and nailing CVH tunes at sound checks for the last years Van Hagar tour, then getting all fucked up before going on stage.

I'm tellin ya, Ed knows deep down that only Dave can make this work for him. He's gotta tell his sister to sit down and shut up though.

I'll tell ya something else; My hate for Alex Van Halen has reached a monumental level...I want to disable him, I want to put that disgusting excuse for a human being in a wheelchair for the rest of his life.

There's Hitler...there's Stalin...and then theres Alex Van Halen.

Lol sorry, havn't posted in a while due to some computer issues, so I got a shitload to get of my chest.

ROTH ON!!

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't wanna see CVH in 2025 with David Lee Roth twirling his walker.... instead of a batton.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2008 @ 05:19 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by WARF
    I don't wanna see CVH in 2025 with David Lee Roth twirling his walker.... instead of a batton.
    Ditto here! While I still have hope, if nothing happens withing the next year...I think I might be time for me to let go.

Thats just me though!

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'll settle for one final concert... and then have all of them retire!

I don't wanna be around to see DLR struggling to jump of a drumriser!!!

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I can only hope Ed is "experimenting" and going through some understandable emotional ups and downs given all that he has gone through.

As long as the H hasn't got a hold on him, there is hope that CVH will reunite.

If Van Hagar continues Ed is sure to be on a road to ruin, and not just musically...

It must have sucked the life out of him watching Spammy roll around signing autographs???? (wtf?!) during the performance of CVH tunes.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't think Ed is "finished".

As funny (and sad) as it was to see Cherone finger his own asshole onstage, Ed played fucking great in that footage.

Remember that Sam went back to Cabo during one of the two breaks in the 2004 debacle and went very public by saying that he thought the Wabos were more fun, blablabla.

Ed is supposed to continue without reacting in some way??

It is a miracle Ed held it together that well, and perhaps sheds some light to the tour's final concert with Sam's talk of "coming to blows" or "wanting to be blown" whatever...

Clearly, Ed discovered quickly that Sam's intentions were not to further VH but his own miserable Wabo-adventureland.

This is coming out now with Sam wanting Ed to come out with the Wabos???? and Montrose tagging along for good measure??? (Hagar has lost his mind!)

Even Ed can see this is a futile direction. I think Dave will come back

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-30-2009 @ 03:21 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Sammy is a pussy. Ed wants to reconvene with Dave but his sister doesn't. Neither does fat ass Mikey. Eddie is their meal ticket and the rhythm section should go for the ride

Hightend Alert!
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-25-2008 @ 08:16 AM
    Status
    Thanks

i could make it happen!

It's Showtime!
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-23-2015 @ 01:03 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Then make it so. This is the type of posting and discussion I like to see at DLR Army. That's why most of us are here, right? When well classic VH reconvene? What's the problem with VH management? What does Alex Van Halen fear? What is Eddie doing?
    Inquiring minds want to know.

Vamos dar um jeito!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-30-2015 @ 04:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Ed and Al don't want a reunion... not for all the money, fame, glory, pussy, booze, dope in this world. Nothing will ever make them change their mind. Nothing. For them, it's personal.

It's over. It's been over.

Hightend Alert!
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-25-2008 @ 08:16 AM
    Status
    Thanks

This is my plan: First i will win the mega -million lottery ..at the press conference i will announce that i will be putting on a concert. It will be held on the 4th of July in Washington D.C. the line up will be the Beach Boys from 1:00 to 4:00 then the mighty VAN HALEN from 6:00 to 9:00. I will also pay for all the beer and food! Also i will try to get pay per view to transmit the show.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2014 @ 09:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

With every passing year the hopes of a CVH reunion tour fade.
    We could never rule out the possibility of one last album however.
    Theres still a reasonably big window for that to happen.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2014 @ 09:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

(Assuming EVH can stay alive)

Thread Information