Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

it's really strange seeing Agassi wearing Adidas clothing after all these years with Nike...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Nov 2004

Wow! Great read... Thank you POJO!

I'm glad as well that Blake got that self-important show-off Nadal OUT.

I saw the tremendous Sampras/Agassi final in 2002. Didn't go out that night stayed up until the end. A very impressing match... Wonderful tennis, real gentlemen on the Center Court.
      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
        it's really strange seeing Agassi wearing Adidas clothing after all these years with Nike...
        Steffi must be in charge of his wardrobe...
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Yeah...most are saying that Agassi was offered a deal with Adidas that includes his wife...since Adidas was already her sponsor...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Agassi was talking about that Sampras match today...and about his first time in a grand slam title...which was in 1990 against Sampras...

he said of the 1990 final..."I had beat him 6-1, 6-1 the time before, and kept thinking to myself, he's never going to make it..."

he was laughing when he said it...

he said Sampras was maybe the 1 reason why Agassi is still playing...and that Sampras and he really have a special relationship on and off the court...that goes all the way back to the late 80's when they were both at the Bolleteri academy...

but of that great open match...Agassi said...it really was incredible. For 1 night, we both had our A game. he wasn't any better than I was...and I not better than he. It came down to a point here, and a point there, in the tiebreakers. I've never played a match before in which I was totally dominating with my play, and it didn't translate to a win because the other guy was equally as dominating.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Sampras winning his first title...in 1990...19 years old...jesus christ...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Sampras on his way to winning again in 1993...his second title...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Sampras beating Agassi a second time...in 1995...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Sampras on his way to facing another American, Michael Chang, in the 1996 final...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

And crushes Chang in three sets...in winning Open #4...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Sampras...after a three year drought of being in the Open final...gets back...and runs into Safin...who many thought was the heir apparent...and not the headcase he turned out to be...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

2001...the year Sampras and Agassi have their HUGE match in the quarters...but runs into another heir apparent...Lleyton Hewitt...and loses his second final in a row...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Sampras wins his last US Open...and I believe...his last major...against his good friend and foe on the court...Agassi...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

David Cup...as teammates...

Comment

Working...