X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dirty Duck
    Sniper
    • Aug 2005

Outta Love again

Am I the only one who thinks Outta love again is one of the BEST VH songs ever??
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

No, you aren't!

The main riff is huge and Dave's vocals are amongst his very best. VHII is often mentioned here as the most exciting album, by an inch...
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Dirty Duck
      Sniper
      • Aug 2005

absolutly brother! His vocals STILL give me the chills. Alex's drums? Stellar

Comment

• Dirty Duck
        Sniper
        • Aug 2005

I would give anything to see and hear Dave back in the day..74 through 85...man!

Comment

• DABSR
          Groupie
          • Jun 2005

YOU ARE NOT ALONE !!!

Van Halen II is a phenominal album and "outta Love Again" ... awesome ...just awesome. And although I've been seeing them every time they've come to the area beginning with WACF, I've never seen them do it live.

But I will say, for those of you lucky enough to have caught the tours from the first 5 albums ....unreal. There was NO band that could touch them. (And I only list the first 5 because talking started to take the place of a lot of lyrics during the "1984" tour ...sad but true)

Hopefully someday someone will put together a live video compilation of their perfomrances through the years so everyone can see what they did ...which was quite simply ....REIGN !!!

I won't get into a pissing match about this singer, that singer blah blah blah ... but the music world needs the original line-up back together so that "Me Wise Magic" can be be expanded upon.

They might fight, but soemthing happens when these guys get together ...something that could once again ...be unstoppable.

just sayin'

Comment

• Dirty Duck
            Sniper
            • Aug 2005

Dabsr..you rule my man. I wish i could've been there! I saw Roth and Spammy on tour back in 2002. Roth was amazing..he didnt stop moving once..spam? Sat on his ass sweating the whole time. There is just NO comparison...

Comment

• DABSR
              Groupie
              • Jun 2005

Well, although I know I'm not in the majority as far as these forums are concerned, but from day 1 I've been an Edward Van Halen fan ...period. So whoever HE comes with, I will go to see whenever they come to the area.

But I also believe in some truths, whether I share them alone or not, I believe them to be true.

Edward changed how the guitar is played forever, as Jimi did. Edward is yet another innovator. No, he didn't create hammer-ons and pull-offs, but he incorporated them into a full blown style.

David is an unbelievable lyricist and quite possibly the best front man of all time.

Sammy is a good, vanilla flavored rocker that churns out good, safe and predictable tunes ...that sell. They aren't necessarily better than David's, but they got more radio play.

Fine.

Van Halen albums may have sold more with Sammy than David, but anyone with a level head will agree ... the David years, more specifically for me, the first 4 albums .... are as legendary as the band was. And the last 2 albums were great, but for various reasons, for me, show a decline in the machine.

I've heard David has put some great stuff out, which I have to admit, I haven't heard. But thanks to this forum and some level headed members, I will be checking some of his stuff out.

In the meantime ....here's hoping the original four eventually work things out !!!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DABSR
                Van Halen albums may have sold more with Sammy than David...
                ok...rookie...now go to the blackboard and write a 1000 times...

"dave era outsold hagar era 2:1 and number #1 records don't mean 'more sold' records"
                Roth Army Icon
                First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• ben halen
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2005

Outta Love Again is a great, great song. The whole band is just clicking on all gears.

Van Halen II is a fucking beast!
                  HEY NOW!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by ben halen
                    Outta Love Again is a great, great song. The whole band is just clicking on all gears.

Van Halen II is a fucking beast!
                    It is too bad that the sonic quality of VH II is so shitty.

By far the worst sounding recording...paper thin drums, thin guitar (for the most part)

I haven't bought re-mastered one yet...

Such a shame
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Dirty Duck
                      Sniper
                      • Aug 2005

davidflamma...buy the remasters....i think you'll be pleased.

Comment

• Dirty Duck
                        Sniper
                        • Aug 2005

Let's also not forget "light up the sky"...

Comment

• Dirty Duck
                          Sniper
                          • Aug 2005

...and D.O.A

Comment

• DABSR
                            Groupie
                            • Jun 2005

And "Women in love"

Comment

• DABSR