X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brett
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
    Everything after 'For Those About To Rock' sucked!
    Yup all downhill after that. And even parts of that album aren't that good.

Frankly I think it was all downhill after "Highway To Hell," which IMO smokes "Back In Black."

Comment

• MAX
      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Brett, you dis BIB? That was one of the most notorious albums played at HS parties? We're the same age!!!! You gotta love it just cos!! You are a nerd!!!! LOL!!! I still love Dirty Deeds the bestest!!!
      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Brett
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Dude I think "Highway To Hell" is just a better album. I think the songs are just better, I think the energy on BIB is awesome, and Brian Johnson never sounded that good again. But Bon's the fucking man, and when AC/DC finally put together a complete album like "Highway," I think they finally reached that pinnacle they had been searching for for years.

Comment

• degüello
          Sniper
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          Everything after 'For Those About To Rock' sucked!
          I agree, but Angus and Co. can still fucking smoke and burn live, and give the Bonn tunes a worthy and plentiful pounding at every show.

Which is far more than can be said of Van Hagar on both points of comparison. Van Hagar live was a cringe-inducing embarassment, and their pitiful handful of selections from the classic VH canon were downright criminal in their scarcity and mediocrity.
          "What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Comment

• MAX
            Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

To Brett:

I'm just kidding with you bro. We don't need to go into AC/DC hour. I only own HTH, BIB, DD and FTATR. I've only seen them live once. BIB is just a staple "Classic Rock" album ya know? Everyone from our crew knows it well.
            EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Lou

Originally posted by degüello
              I agree, but Angus and Co. can still fucking smoke and burn live, and give the Bonn tunes a worthy and plentiful pounding at every show.

Which is far more than can be said of Van Hagar on both points of comparison. Van Hagar live was a cringe-inducing embarassment, and their pitiful handful of selections from the classic VH canon were downright criminal in their scarcity and mediocrity.
              EXACTLY. I saw AC/DC in 2000 and it was one hell of a great time. 2 straight hours of "plentiful pounding."

Comment

• Catfish

Originally posted by Brett
                Yup all downhill after that. And even parts of that album aren't that good.

Frankly I think it was all downhill after "Highway To Hell," which IMO smokes "Back In Black."
                So, Mister Critic, tell us: Just when did VAN HALEN start to go downhill? Oh, I GOTTA hear this answer you god damn sheepherder...

And I never said I didn't know anything about Sammy era Van Halen. I know that it SUCKS. Now run along and stick your dick in the tiny hole in the middle of OU812.

Comment

• Brett
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

You want my response, or you want to be a dickhead? Probably the latter I would assume by your previous response. Dope.

Comment

• Igosplut
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Brett
                    I think the energy on BIB is awesome, and Brian Johnson never sounded that good again. But Bon's the fucking man, and when AC/DC finally put together a complete album like "Highway," I think they finally reached that pinnacle they had been searching for for years.
                    I agree with that. Saw AC/DC quite a few times when they opened for Aerosmith in the 70s. Bon put on a screamer of a show, That band often upstaged a increasingly drugged-out Areosmith (who were good back then too).

Brians voice never sounded as good after BIB. I saw a recent Saturday night live apperance the other day, and couldnt believe how bad he sounded. Sorta like Bob Dylan, the poor bastard.

But Back in black really brought them to the forefront. If I'm remembering it right, Deeds was never released in the states untill after the sucess of BIB......
                    Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Brett
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Yeah "Dirty Deeds" came out in '81 and charted pretty high if I remember here, maybe #3. I don't doubt AC/DC smoked Aerosmith in the late 70's.

Comment

• Catfish

Brett, I'm impressed with your knowledge of AC/DC. I kind of pegged you as an REO or Styx guy, myself...

Comment

• Brett
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Yeah whatever. This coming from a guy who listens to the Black Crowes.

Comment

• Catfish

Here we go again...

OK, Journey...

Comment

• Brett
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

You like Journey too? Jesus. And you have the nerve to think I listen to Styx and REO Speedwagon?

I do like Boston though, well their debut. "Don't Look Back" had one or two good songs, "Third Stage" and beyond was just dated tripe.

Comment

• Catfish

Whatever, Chicago...

Comment

Working...