X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Torrents For Charlotte 84' and US Fest. 83'

www.dimeadozen.com is torrenting Backstage Charlotte 1984 (excellent sounding audience)...

Van Halen at the US Festival, 1983: "California Calling: Listen to this Jimmy"(audio version).

Last edited by Nickdfresh; 09-06-2005, 02:41 PM.
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Just started downloading Charlotte show, thanx Nickd!
    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Last_Child
      Commando
      • Oct 2004

WuhuU!!!

At last I can get my hands on the audio version of Us Festival 83'!
      "With a rate of fire of over 20 rounds per second, the IMI Micro Uzi is almost as fast as Yngwie Malmsteen, and 25.4 times more musical"

Worst of all... It's true..

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Nick, do you need 'Old No. 7'?

It's really the best US Fest out there...

I'll send it to you or torrent it...let me know...
        Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Romeo Delight
          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
          Nick, do you need 'Old No. 7'?

It's really the best US Fest out there...

I'll send it to you or torrent it...let me know...
          old No.7???

Can you elaborate at all. What is this? Can I watch out for it at torrent sites?
          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
            old No.7???

Can you elaborate at all. What is this? Can I watch out for it at torrent sites?
            It's a slightly different (better produced?) version of the same 83' US Fest. concert...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              It's a slightly different (better produced?) version of the same 83' US Fest. concert...
              I have 3 Halen songs from US fetival in both video and audio (Pretty woman, You Really Got Me, RWTD. Sound quality is wicked but clearly dubbed in spots (when I compare to audio from whole show)

Its not this then?
              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I believe "Old No. 7" was a sound rip taken directly from a bootleg, high quality production, VHS home-video. So the sound transfer was very good. (in fact, in the 80's, a high quality music-concert video had better sound than a CD, until you played it to death).

My U2, "Rattle & Hum" videotape has far better sound than the lossy, old style CD recording and even than the DVD. And it's almost 13-years old!

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

'Old No. 7' is an audio rip of a video master tape.

It's ripped onto a standalone CD burner, so there are no crappy sound card issues.

It's the best version that there is. I have had 4 or 5 different versions of the US Fest. On 'Old No. 7' you can hear clear croud noises (its a board, so it's supposed to be there) and nuances on stage that I never knew existed...

PS, a DVD of that video master tape is in the works...stay tuned...
                  Last edited by Dave's PA Rental; 09-13-2005, 09:53 PM.
                  Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    I believe "Old No. 7" was a sound rip taken directly from a bootleg, high quality production, VHS home-video. So the sound transfer was very good. (in fact, in the 80's, a high quality music-concert video had better sound than a CD, until you played it to death).

My U2, "Rattle & Hum" videotape has far better sound than the lossy, old style CD recording and even than the DVD. And it's almost 13-years old!
                    I used to make audio tapes on VHS because it sounded so good...I used the fastest speed of playbeck for best quality
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...