X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob_R
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

18 losses in a row!! Holy shit !!
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Hecubus
      Foot Soldier
      • Jan 2004

Holy shit is right. So what's really on Mario's mind besides the CBA, & the losses, & the injuries..&.....

Damn...
      "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
      "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
      "Fuck you, Fluffy."
      "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
      "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
      "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
      "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
      "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
      "N--- yeah."

Comment

• BuzinBad

Originally posted by Hecubus
        You & I are going to have some interesting conversations, bro. You fuckin' Stars fan you...or is it the Dallas SARS this year? Nyuk nyuk nyuk....

I concur on the CBA...they've gotta get it done. I can't be without my hockey...
        Well they started as SARS but they are quickly coming back to STARS. Like I said we just can't keep up because when we win the Sharks win. Will make for an interesting end to the regular season. Normally it isn't very interesting having the playoffs rapped up early. Guess those days are gone for us. Good luck. I don't hate the Sharks as much as I hated Marchment. F'n dirty playing prick. But that is another conversation.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Holy shit is right. So what's really on Mario's mind besides the CBA, & the losses, & the injuries..&.....

Damn...
          As I said when Von was busting my balls at DDLR, they've been in nearly every game during this streak.... EVH Fanatic, trust me, you and your boy are going to enjoy it, the Pens play extremely hard, and play Jersey really well... Don't be surprised if the game is closer than you think....

I've watched every game this year except for one, and that was because I was with Pojo in Greensboro for Aerosmith/KISS....

Now that's a true fan, boys....

The Penguins' problems ?? Christ, this may take a while....

1. CBA - First and foremost, the NHL will not survive with a crooked system like baseball has... If they don't fix it now, not only will the Pens be gone, but about 5 others also...

2. New arena - I think this will happen, it depends on the approval of slot machines in the state... People love to gamble no matter what state they live in....

3. Scouting/Drafts - Have absolutely fucking sucked for quite a while now.... Outside of the last couple of years, they haven't had a decent draft, not even a decent #1 pick, in quite a long time.... The last few years have been good though, with Fleury this year, and hopefully Ovechkin next year....

4. Trades - Have absolutely fucking sucked for quite a while now (didn't I just say that ??)... Lemme put it to you this way, I actually got excited last week when we traded Berehowsky for Ric Jackman !!! (Seriously, we made out on that deal)....

But here's what killed the Penguins.... OK, it's a given, they had to get rid of Jagr, Kovalev, Lang, and Straka because they couldn't afford them any longer....

First, they trade Jagr to the Capitals... OK, that's understandable, the Caps HAD money back then... But who did they get for him ?? Kris Beech, Michael Sivek, and Ross Lupaschuk.... Beech is a major underachiever and still in the minors, Sivek is even worse.... Lupa looks like he may make it, he's got a cannon as a D-man....

Then last year, it was time for Kovalev to go to the Rangers.... Who did they get in that blockbuster deal ?? Rico Fata, who had about 9 goals right off the bat and was leading Kovalev in scoring for quite a while, but has extremely cooled off.... Mikael Samuelsson, a very average forward who went to Florida in the Fleury deal on draft day....Joel Bouchard, who got released by the Pens and signed back on with the Rangers !!!.... And Richard Litner, who didn't even play one season with the Pens before going back to Europe to play....

Lang left as a F.A., but fuckin' Craig Patrick didn't trade him before the deadline, foolishly thinking they'd make the playoffs....

Straka's deal may end up to be a good one... They got Martin Strbak, who looks to be a good D-man, until he broke his foot, and Russian prospect Sergei Anshakov, who many believe outplayed his teammate Ovechkin at the World Junior Championships.....

And finally, that leads us to Mario... As many of you know, bad-mouthing Mario is like sacreligious in Pittsburgh, it just doesn't happen... But the past couple of years, his injuries have been extremely questioned in the 'Burgh... First, he gets hurt and sits out the year until he plays for the Olympics... Now, he will sit out the year and will supposedly be ready for the 2004 World Cup of Hockey.... In addition, his complete silence since he got hurt in November has been harshly criticized... He hasn't said one word to the fans....

So in summary, yes, they are taking some major lumps now obviously... But hopefully with a new CBA, new arena, and their several excellent prospects maturing, they'll be a force sooner than you think....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Hecubus
            Foot Soldier
            • Jan 2004

If they survive the CBA....

It would be pretty hard to picture the league without the Pens, especially when a couple of the expansion teams would survive...

1. Salary Cap (Tough shit. There should be one in every sport)
            2. Get rid of the instigator rule
            3. Let the goalies handle the puck outside the crease, but make 'em fair game
            4. Move the trade deadline out so there's not so much rent-a-player happening....
            "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
            "Fuck you, Fluffy."
            "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
            "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
            "N--- yeah."

Comment

• Bob_R
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Good points bro! You should replace Bettmann as commish.
              Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Sucka

If they survive the CBA....

It would be pretty hard to picture the league without the Pens, especially when a couple of the expansion teams would survive...

1. Salary Cap (Tough shit. There should be one in every sport)
                2. Get rid of the instigator rule
                3. Let the goalies handle the puck outside the crease, but make 'em fair game
                4. Move the trade deadline out so there's not so much rent-a-player happening....

All great points. Not sure about the trade deadline thing, but if you get a hard cap in there, that should take care of all the trading. It'll make it like the NBA where it's tough too move high end guys, cause you have too match up the salary's and what not.

I'm with you on the instigator rule for sure. You get rid of that bullshit rule, and i'll be you the stick infractions go down by a mile, and so well concussions cause guys wont be out there taking liberties.

What do you guys think of making it mandatory for guys too wear sheilds?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

I don't know if I'd make it mandatory, but how about bumping up the high sticking penalty to 4 minutes, with another 2 for blood ??

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Bob_R
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sucka
                    All great points. Not sure about the trade deadline thing, but if you get a hard cap in there, that should take care of all the trading. It'll make it like the NBA where it's tough too move high end guys, cause you have too match up the salary's and what not.

I'm with you on the instigator rule for sure. You get rid of that bullshit rule, and i'll be you the stick infractions go down by a mile, and so well concussions cause guys wont be out there taking liberties.

What do you guys think of making it mandatory for guys too wear sheilds?
                    Hey welcome aboard Sucka!

Comment

• Sucka

Thanks Fanataic! Bout time I headed over this way and see what you guys were up too.

About the high sticking, I think a mandatory 4 mins would be good, but I never liked the blood thing. You either get high sticked or ya dont. Blood shouldnt determine the amount of time ya have too spend in the box IMO. Now if it's a McCsorley job like what he did too Brashear years ago, then yea more mins should be asessed.

Comment

• Hecubus
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Jan 2004

If not 4 minutes for high sticking, make them serve the entire two minutes regardless of goals scored.
                        "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                        "N--- yeah."

Comment

• lucky wilbury

if thats the case why not make all penelties that way. i'd also like to throw in if one player takes his hand of his stick and either a:hold the other players stick b: grabs the other player that it gets called. grant it it's in the rules now but it's not called.

Comment

• lucky wilbury

Red Wings acquire Lang

TSN.ca Staff

2/27/2004

The Red Wings have done it again. TSN has learned that Detroit has acquired centre Robert Lang from the Washington Capitals for Tomas Fleischmann, a first round pick in 2004 and a fourth round pick in 2006.

Lang is tied for the NHL lead in scoring with 74 points (29 goals, 45 assists). In eleven NHL seasons, Lang has played in 640 games, tallied 173 goals and dished out 289 assists. Lang has been in Washington the past two seasons and spent nearly four seasons with the Pittsburgh Penguins. He has also spent time with the Boston Bruins and Los Angeles Kings.

The 19-year-old Fleischmann is among the WHL's leading scorers, with 28 goals and 69 points in 53 games with the Moose Jaw Warriors this season.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Got to like it if you're a Wings fan. And I am.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

I just gotta giggle watching the Caps turn into the second-generation Penguins....

But I will say this, at least the Caps got a good return for Lang....

They traded Jagr and all they got back was the overrated Anson Carter....

I think Gonchar will be gone to Toronto by the end of the weekend, they scratched him tonight, saying he had the "flu"....

Comment

Working...