HAB A NICE DAY!

Comment

• Chris
      Roadie
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hecubus
      Dude,

What's with Owen Nolan's eye?
      Well he had to have laser eye surgery to repair a small tear in his eye. Here is a link to a news article.

TSN Article

Comment

• Chris
        Roadie
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PHOENIX
        LEAFS SUCK ASS!

HAB A NICE DAY!

Are things looking up in Montreal PHOENIX? Now that you have Gainey at the helm, things should improve. He is definitely one of the best GM's in the game.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

The Leafs look awfully strong....

And no, I'm not just saying that because they whooped up on my Pens last night, everyone does that....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Full Bug
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            The Leafs look awfully strong....
            I think they might finally have a shot at the cup this year, but just because they are the Leafs I cant help but feel they will let me down and find a way to lose somehow, but its great to see them doing so well.....Unlike the Habs RIGHT PHOENIX?
            Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Diva Lee Roth

The only sport I care about. I need to catch up on my hockey..

Comment

• Chris
                Roadie
                • Jan 2004

They're a good team. But they're an old team.....if they stay healthy, they could win it all. I've been a die hard fan for 36 years and they've never won much. So I've got my fingers crossed.

Comment

• Hecubus
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Jan 2004

Sometimes those old crafty bastards can get the job done a lot more efficiently then the new machines....
                  "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
                  "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
                  "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                  "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
                  "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
                  "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
                  "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
                  "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
                  "N--- yeah."

Comment

• Full Bug
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Phoenix 3, Washington 0

January 7, 2004

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Brian Boucher deflected the attention as easily as the Washington Capitals' shots.

Boucher became the first NHL goalie in almost 55 years to record four consecutive shutouts, making 27 saves in the Phoenix Coyotes' 3-0 victory over Washington on Wednesday night.

``I've had some help along the way, but ... you need luck on your side, too,'' Boucher said. ``They hit some posts and guys have been blocking a lot of shots.''

The last goalie with four straight shutouts was Montreal's Bill Durnan, who accomplished the feat from Feb. 26-March 6, 1949.

Boucher stretched his shutout streak to 265:45, and trails only Durnan's modern-era NHL record of 309:21, also set in 1949.

Boucher will be back in goal Friday night in Minnesota, where the Coyotes close a four-game road trip.

``It's pretty unbelievable,'' Boucher said. ``Hopefully, I can ride it through until Friday.''

Phoenix coach Bob Francis left little doubt that Boucher will start against the Wild.

``What would you do?'' Francis said. ``I'm not stupid.''

Shane Doan had a goal and an assist and Damond Langkow and Ladislav Nagy also scored for the Coyotes, 4-0-4 in their last eight road games.

Two first-period goals gave the Coyotes -- and Boucher -- some breathing room.

``Our formula has been to come out and have a strong first period and go with the mind-set that it's going to be a low-scoring game,'' Francis said.

The Capitals have lost three straight and are 0-6-1 in their last seven, scoring only eight goals during that stretch.

``We obviously ran into a hot goalie,'' Washington's Mike Grier said. ``We had a terrible first period and we put ourselves behind the 8-ball again.''

Boucher, elevated from third string when Zac Bierk sustained a groin injury in mid-November, faced only six shots in the first period, but had to make two tough saves. Grier stole the puck from Nagy in the neutral zone, but Boucher gloved Grier's snap shot from the right circle at 7:12.

Phoenix opened the scoring on Doan's unassisted goal -- his 17th goal of the season -- with 4:16 left in the first period. He scored on a rising wrist shot moments after Washington flubbed a three-on-two break.

Langkow made it 2-0 with 1:56 left in the period, converting a short pass from Doan on the left boards. Langkow swept the puck past goalie Olaf Kolzig from the left circle.

Just 1:29 into the second period, Grier had another good chance, but Boucher pushed the puck clear with his glove. Washington failed on two power plays that produced four shots late in the third period, including a 25-second two-man advantage.

Nagy scored an empty-net goal with 24 seconds left.
                    ----------------------
                    First time in 55 years? Impressive......
                    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• PHOENIX
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2004

CANADIANS BEAT PITTSBURGH 8-0!!!

WHAT THE HELL IS THE MATTER WITH THE PENS?

Comment

• PHOENIX
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Full Bug
                        I think they might finally have a shot at the cup this year, but just because they are the Leafs I cant help but feel they will let me down and find a way to lose somehow, but its great to see them doing so well.....Unlike the Habs RIGHT PHOENIX?
                        THE HABS ARE DOING PRETTY GOOD THIS YEAR.

Eastern Conference
                        Team GP Pts
                        1. * Toronto 43 57
                        2. * Philadelphia 42 55
                        3. * Atlanta 42 43
                        4. Ottawa 41 52
                        5. New Jersey 40 50
                        6. Boston 42 48
                        7. Montreal 43 47
                        8. NY Islanders 41 44
                        9. Tampa Bay 40 43
                        10. Buffalo 43 40
                        11. NY Rangers 40 40
                        12. Florida 42 39
                        13. Carolina 42 38
                        14. Washington 43 29
                        15. Pittsburgh 42 28

Comment

• Hecubus
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Jan 2004

They're doing great.....

if the season ended today....

MUHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

Sorry, Peenix. Just f'ing witcha!
                          "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
                          "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
                          "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                          "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
                          "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
                          "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
                          "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
                          "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
                          "N--- yeah."

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Couple things...

Mario Lemieux is the greates hockey player ever. Better than Gretzky. I saw them both play at the Boston Garden.

I cant understand how you guys can watch the NHL nowadays. Maybe if the Bruins didnt suck and if they had an old time hockey player that the Boston fans could like, I would feel different. Joe Thornton will never do it for me.

There were flashes of greatness last year with Thornton, but players today just dont seem to have the heart that they used to have. Maybe im just old. (im only 34)

I wish that I could tolerate the game the way it is played now, and I try to watch, but it is just so uninteresting. I envy you guys who still enjoy it.
                            Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Bob_R
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Daves PA rental
                              Couple things...

Mario Lemieux is the greates hockey player ever. Better than Gretzky.
                              I couldn't disagree more. IMO, I can't see how anyone can think that Gretzky isn't the greatest ever.
                              Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Full Bug
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Daves PA rental

Mario Lemieux is the greates hockey player ever. Better than Gretzky.
                                If Mario had stayed healthy all these years MAYBE....and thats a big MAYBE....Personally I think Wayne was the best, nobody could ever top him, his records are safe.....

Comment

Working...