Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

I think the Rangers are gonna grab a goalie very soon... Dunham is still woozy with post-concussion stuff...

Maybe Kolzig or Burke....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• BITEYOASS
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Yeah, it'll be Red Wings vs. Maple Leafs in the stanley cup final and it will be a 7 game match. But when you all lose, don't try any of that hockey riot shit in Detroit!

Comment

• lucky wilbury

Rangers Lindros suffers concussion

1/28/2004

NEW YORK (Ticker) - New York Rangers center Eric Lindros, whose once-brilliant career has been marred by injuries, suffered another concussion Wednesday.

Lindros had his head down along the boards in the neutral zone when he was nailed with a clean hit by Washington Capitals defenseman Jason Doig midway through the second period at Madison Square Garden.

The 6-5, 237-pound Lindros stayed on the ice and sought out Doig off the ensuing faceoff. The two exchanged punches and received five minutes major penalties for fighting.

Lindros, who turns 31 next month, finished the period but appeared dazed as he left the bench for the locker room and did not return. The team said he will be re-evaluated Thursday.

It is the latest in a long line of concussions for Lindros, who has been sidelined 109 games since the start of the 1996-97 season due to a variety of injuries.

Injury-free last season, Lindros was beset by a series of concussions in 1999-00, the last of which came with Philadelphia in Game Seven of the Eastern Conference finals.

One of the most hyped players to enter the NHL, Lindros won the Hart Trophy following the lockout-abbreviated 1994-95 campaign. The five-time All-Star was a force his first five seasons, totaling 436 points in 297 games.

Lindros also led the Flyers to the Stanley Cup Finals in 1997, but he feuded with general manager Bob Clarke before he was dealt to New York in August 2001.

In 39 games this season, Lindros has 10 goals and 22 assists.

Comment

• Hecubus
          Foot Soldier
          • Jan 2004

Talk aboot a broken record....

Hang up the skates, Eric.
          "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
          "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
          "Fuck you, Fluffy."
          "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
          "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
          "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
          "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
          "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
          "N--- yeah."

Comment

• Hecubus
            Foot Soldier
            • Jan 2004

Anyone going to the All Star Game? I dig this game the best with baseball a close 2nd....
            "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
            "Fuck you, Fluffy."
            "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
            "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
            "N--- yeah."

Comment

• Bob_R
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

How 'bout them Devils! They're right on the Flyers ass and they are playing well without Stevens. Boy, what a shot in the arm when he returns for the stretch run.
              Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Hecubus
                Foot Soldier
                • Jan 2004

Dude,
                I've always been kind of a Devils fan, just because they're an exciting team to watch, but when they got a hold of my boy, longtime Shark Jeff Friesen, I was rooting for them to with the cup so he could get his name on it....

Helluva hockey team. Brodeur's the man. Scott Stevens (slowed by concussion) still a force to be reckoned with....
                "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                "N--- yeah."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Hecubus
                  Dude, I've always been kind of a Devils fan, just because they're an exciting team to watch
                  Wait a second, are we talking about the same team ??

The New Jersey Devils, exciting to watch ??

Don't get me wrong, outstanding TEAM....

Brodeur is becoming one of the all-time greats...

But exciting ???

If you think the Devils are exciting, I'd imagine you just love all of these 2-1 games, right ??

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Hecubus
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Jan 2004

Being a Sharks fan, I'm totally used to the low scoring games...and all of the ties for that matter...

Back in the day, though, when Daneyko (sp?) was on the blue line, those guys brought some serious wood in games.....

I do have pretty limited exposure to the Devils being out here in CA, but you're right, they're usually talking about Brodeur first & foremost.
                    "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                    "N--- yeah."

Comment

• ALinChainz
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Not to mention the attention The Great One brought to the sport. I'm not sure the value of that can be measured.

Not to mention the 200 point seasons, all I can STILL say is wow.

Comment

• lucky wilbury

since the skills comp is on tommorow and the all star game is sunday what is the best part of the skills comp?

Comment

• Swampscott Dave

Big Joe thornton will lead the Bruins to the cup. Murray,Samsanov, lokks good.

Comment

• Hecubus
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by lucky wilbury
                            since the skills comp is on tommorow and the all star game is sunday what is the best part of the skills comp?
                            Hardest shot is always popular with me...

That or the breakaway competition.
                            "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                            "N--- yeah."

Comment

• ALinChainz
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Always kind of interesting the speed comp also. See who has the wheels on the ice.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

I agree with the hardest shot...

See if anyone cracks 100 again....

Comment

Working...