X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Full Bug
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
    Wow, the Leafs got Leetch. Full Bug must be as happy as a pig in shit.
    Hell yes, he can only improve our team, his points this year have been decent....
    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Full Bug
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Hey Beach, did you know we have a Maple Leafs TV channel here? All Leafs news all the time, it comes with my cable package, although I dont really watch it much, I am more interested in watching the games....
      Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• knuckleboner
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

well, before the league folds, i'm just waiting on us to trade the rest of our hockey sticks, pucks, and the "capitals" name to some team.

at our current pace, we'll be able to field an entire team of future draft picks by the trade deadline.

Comment

• lucky wilbury

a second line center! finally! what a line: samsonov nylander bergeron hell yeah!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Full Bug
            Hey Beach, did you know we have a Maple Leafs TV channel here? All Leafs news all the time, it comes with my cable package, although I dont really watch it much, I am more interested in watching the games....
            Does not surprise me AT ALL Bug....

Don't get me wrong, I love how you Canucks present a hockey telecast... Good close ups, microphones close to the ice, great intermission reports, everything...
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by knuckleboner
              well, before the league folds, i'm just waiting on us to trade the rest of our hockey sticks, pucks, and the "capitals" name to some team.
              Damn, that sounds familiar, but I just can't put my finger on where I heard that before....

Something about trading Jagr, Kovalev, Straka and letting Lang go....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Hecubus
                Foot Soldier
                • Jan 2004

Hey Bug,

How have my boys Nolan & Marchment been received up there?
                "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
                "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
                "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
                "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
                "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
                "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
                "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
                "N--- yeah."

Comment

• Bob_R
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Leetch started his Maple Leafs' career with 3 assists. Not bad, not bad at all.
                  Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Golden AWe
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

As a Capitals-fan I'm actually happy that this firesale happened...several years with a huge payroll, and not getting past the 1st round of the playoffs...considering there will be a new NHLPA/NHL-agreement meeting, dramatic things might happen considering the salaries and stuff...so it's not necessarily such a bad thing to rebuild now...
                    Originally posted by Cato
                    Golden, why are you FAT?
                    Originally posted by lesfunk
                    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Full Bug
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hecubus
                      Hey Bug,

How have my boys Nolan & Marchment been received up there?
                      Pretty good, Nolan is more popular then Marchment I would say.....

Comment

• Full Bug
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
                        Leetch started his Maple Leafs' career with 3 assists. Not bad, not bad at all.
                        Yeah, he had a great start, and the fans really got into him right away, near the end they were shouting at him to shoot more instead of pass so he could finish the night with a goal.....

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Golden AWe
                          As a Capitals-fan I'm actually happy that this firesale happened...several years with a huge payroll, and not getting past the 1st round of the playoffs...
                          'Cause you kept gettin' your ass smacked by the Pens baby !!!!!

Comment

• lucky wilbury

Flyers thump Senators in slugfest

Associated Press

3/5/2004

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - For one night, the Philadelphia Flyers turned back into the Broad Street Bullies.

Claude Lapointe and Mark Recchi scored 30 seconds apart in the first period, helping the Flyers beat the Ottawa Senators 5-3 Friday night in a game that featured five consecutive brawls in the final two minutes and set an NHL record with 419 penalty minutes.

``We're not scared of Ottawa and we're not intimidated by their talent,'' Flyers goaltender Robert Esche said.

Officials needed about 90 minutes after the game ended to sort the penalties. The previous record for penalty minutes was 406 by the Minnesota North Stars and Boston Bruins in 1981. The Flyers had 213 minutes and Ottawa had 206.

After the game, Philadelphia general manager Bob Clarke, captain of the Broad Street Bullies teams of the 1970s, went toward Ottawa's dressing room, but was stopped by Flyers officials.

``Their tough guy (Rob Ray) got beat up and then their next two lines fought guys who don't fight,'' Flyers coach Ken Hitchcock said. ``I don't care what it shows them. We played a great game.''

Danny Markov, Kim Johnsson and Alexei Zhamnov also scored for Philadelphia, which snapped a five-game winless streak (0-3-2) against Ottawa. The Flyers were eliminated from the playoffs by the Senators the last two seasons, and were 3-10-3 against them since a 1-0 victory in Game 1 of the 2002 Eastern Conference quarter-finals.

Philadelphia remained tied for first place in the East with Tampa Bay.

Chris Neil, Zdeno Chara and Peter Bondra scored for Ottawa, which fell four points behind the conference leaders.

``I thought we competed hard and I don't know what happened at the end,'' Senators coach Jacques Martin said.

Philadelphia enforcer Donald Brashear and Ray started the fighting by dropping their gloves with 1:45 left. As they skated off the ice, the rest of the players joined in, including the goalies as Ottawa's Patrick Lalime skated the length of the ice to go after Esche.

Once play resumed, all the players, except the new goalies, immediately went after each other. At the next faceoff, Philadelphia's Michal Handzus and Ottawa's Mike Fisher went at it. Another fight broke out 30 seconds later. Finally, Philadelphia's Patrick Sharp and Ottawa's Jason Spezza finished it off.

The bad blood between the teams stems from Senators forward Martin Havlat hitting Recchi in the face with his stick in a game last week. Havlat played his first game after being suspended two games by the NHL. He sat in the penalty box while the fights took place.

The Flyers had seven players remaining and Ottawa had six as the game ended.

``Why wouldn't I start it? Did you see the last game?'' Brashear said. ``I fought a tough guy. They went after guys who don't fight. I could've fought one of their good players and hurt them, but I didn't.''

The teams meet again in Philadelphia on April 2.

``Obviously my teammates didn't forget what happened last week,'' Recchi said.

Lapointe tied it at 1 midway through the first period with his fourth goal. His shot from the side of the left circle near the boards went off Lalime's glove and in.

Recchi scored his 25th goal into an open net a half-minute later after Lalime failed to control rebounds on consecutive shots by John LeClair.

The Flyers took a 3-1 lead later in the period when Markov took a slap shot that Neil deflected with his glove while trying to knock it down, redirecting it past Lalime.

A power-play goal by Johnsson, his third goal in two games, made it 4-1 early in the second period.

``It wasn't a great game, but our guys stood up there,'' Senators defenceman Wade Redden said.

Neil gave the Senators a 1-0 lead just 4:07 in with his eighth goal. Chara one-timed a shot past Esche for his 15th goal, cutting the deficit to 4-2 in the second period.

Zhamnov made it 5-2 with his 10th goal in the third period. Zhamnov has nine points in seven games with the Flyers since he was acquired from Chicago last month to help fill the void at centre created by injuries to all-stars Jeremy Roenick and Keith Primeau.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

I watched the highlights of that game, what a slugfest !!!

It was like this;

Long scrum/fight near the goal...

Faceoff, then immediately fight again.....

It was great !!!!

Comment

• Golden AWe
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                                'Cause you kept gettin' your ass smacked by the Pens baby !!!!!

All those series with Caps leading 3-1...
                                Originally posted by Cato
                                Golden, why are you FAT?
                                Originally posted by lesfunk
                                Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                                http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

Working...