Thread: Can Someone Please Save Rock-n-roll

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Can Someone Please Save Rock-n-roll

WE NEED SOMEONE TO SAVE ROCK AND BAD !!! ....... ROCK IS SO DEAD , SOME OF THESE YOUNG KIDS UNDER 25 .. IM 38, DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT IS !!.... IM TIRED OF STOPPING AT A STOP LIGHT (AND IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT KIND OF NIEGHBORHOOD YOUR IN GOOD OR BAD )AND ALL YOUR HEAR IS THAT RAP CRAP ,NO ONE CRANKS UP GOOD ROCK ANYMORE , . IM TIRED OF THESE WANNA BEE WHITE BOYS TALKING LIKE THE GANSTA RAPPERS FROM THE GHETTO ,(ITS A DISGRACE ). , THERES ONLY ONE WAY ROCK -NROLL CAN BE SAVED ,LIKE VAN HALEN SAVED IT ,WHEN DISCO WAS KING . WE NEED A GREAT YOUNG ROCK BAND TO EMERGE AND LEAD THE WAY. THIS ROCK BAND NEEDS TO HAVE IT ALL TO BRING ROCK BACK TO THE FOREFRONT ... GREAT SONGS .... GREAT GUITAR PLAYER ..... GREAT IMAGE .... GREAT STAGE SHOW ...... WHO IS THIS BAND ?.... PLEASE SOMEONE SAVE ROCK-NROLL ,AND SEND THESE WANNA BE RAPPERS BACK TO THE GHETTO. .BACK TO WHERE THEY BELONG !!!!!!!!!!

Whole Lotta Dave
    Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    yes they can
    theres a lot of youngsters around my age who are in bands
    obviously theres a lot oh shit ones that just play their shitty punk or death metal wank
    but for the bands who play van halen type stuff its just impossible
    nobodys interested anymore

anyways
    i'll do my best to save rock n roll
    Nario Lee Roth
    XxX
    Love, Peace N Rock N' Roll
    Nario

Proud Ford Owner
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Reunion!

THAT would bring rock back!

commander
    Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Wink youthful exuberance

hey man, im 21 living in Leeds in the UK. Ive been in bands for years and can tell ya there is a big rock thang coming soon, whether in a year or two I dont know but its on its way, theres a lot of young new hair bands coming out at the moment (bandwagon yawn) but there are bands doing it right, but you've gotta be original and fucking good!! otherwise the press here calls you a novelty act (ie darkness).

Myself Im in a band of 20 somethings at moment but I can tell we may get there, Ive seen a lot and the climate etc is changing over here. Im a HUGE Roth fan, always have been and that carries through with us regarding image, music everything; its fucking INCENDIARY (Everybody wants some-esque), but we also have modern guitar harmonies in places etc etc to give it an edge...

...This may not mean much to ya now but just lettin ya know the eruption is coming dude, do not fear, and Ill be riding that fire all the way man!!!

Rock n' Roll Junkie
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    See... when I'm at a light in my 1970 Chevy Malibu and I have one of those Fast and furious fag cars next to me blasting hip hop. I crank out mutherfuckin Classic VH while givin em' that look that ROCK WILL NEVER DIE BIATCH!!!!!!!!!!! You're sooo right dude. Sick of that shit too..

Rock n' Roll Junkie
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Music today has about as much taste as Sammy Hagar's clothing...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Pretty much given up on anyone with any amount of notoriety in the rock biz coming up with anything that's gonna 'save' rock and roll. Too many acts are busy selling out to MTV and VH1 reality shows, doing endless nostalgia tours and not coming up with any GOOD new shit, or are top 40 wannabes posing as punk rockers/hard rockers/nu metal/whatever.

It'll be something from someone you've never heard about before, who synthesizes the best of what has come before and puts an original twist on it. And will be revealed by word of mouth, hopefully remaining truthful long enough to put out a few decent records before being swallowed up, toned down, platicized and mass-produced to little Johnny and Susie down the block via some soulless conglomerate.

Hey, fuck it. I dare to dream.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh it'll be back! Once all them hoes die of AIDS from fuckin gangsta rappas dicks, then they're is gonna be a backlash. And once that happens, all them gangstas in your neighboor hood will be killed by the Hells Angels or some other biker gang, cause everyone will realize they're fakes. Hell, you think that Tupac was such a bad-ass muthafucka? Hell no! He went to ballet school in the in the 80's and fucked a guy in the ass while he was there, I shit you not, I read it in BLENDER magazine, but I forgot which issue it was. So you must have patience BALLYJUNKIE-san, rock will return!

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You can also blame clear channel, major record company pricks and MTV for shoving this shitty music down our throat. Thank god for the Internet! Or else rock really would have been fucked!

Medium Pimpin
    Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    This is a true story!

I keep every Dave album except Diamond Dave (because I don't own it) in my cd player. I have every fuckin one on an mp3 disc so they all fit. I'm in school right now and have to drive 30 miles to and fro. I can go a whole week without hearing the same song twice and that kicks ass! I don't get to slow down cause its mostly interstate speed but when I'm at a light and some dumb ass is trying to rattle my windows I just turn up the Kenwood and drown that shit out with "Yankee Rose" or "A Little Ain't Enough"!
    Anyway, back to the story I was talkin bout. I'm in a tech school at the moment for my new job and we do ALOT of lab time. We have two tvs in the lab that are hooked up to the instructors desk so he can demonstrate what we're gonna be doing before they turn us loose to do it. They are hooked up to cable so when we start our lab they turn the channel to drown out the tool noise. Today they were channel surfin and stopped on VH1 cause it had a "rock" song on. I have to say it was catchy. They didn't know who it was and neither did I. At my old job everyone would come to me when they couldn't remember or didn't know who was in what band or when the album came out etc.. I've been told several times my musical tastes and attitude toward "bandwagaon fans" was the inspiration for Jack Black in "High Fidelity". Of course I'm not but when someone tries to convince me Limp Bizycunt is a better band than Zepplin I go fuckin ballistic and spread my verbal wrath and gospel like a Cali forest fire during a drought. I respect others opinions and tastes but when someone compares a P.O.S. like that to a legendary band like Zep I can't not snap. OOPS! Sorry, I got side tracked.
    Well, it was catchy and it made me look up from my scope. Our instructors were making fun of the guys in the video cause of the obvious 80's reference of the timeless "mullet". I watched it and it pains the hell outta me to say it but not knowing who it was made me curious to find out. Then something happened that makes me nauseous just thinking about it. In fact, it may take me a few minutes to finish this post cause I think I'm about to hurl.
    Oh GOD! It was the............... Backstreet Boys... I had to spend my last $3.00 to buy something to wash that shitty taste outta my mouth.
    It was a pretty funny video and it wasn't very pop. It sounded just like a rock band from the 80's. Guitars and all. I thought they were watching VH1 Classic but it was the mother station. It didn't sound like a boyband song. It was a basic rock song including the short solo. I'm not saying its great or that I love it. I'm saying its the only song by them that wouldn't make me wreck because I'm in such a hurry to change the station I forget to steer. It is NOT gonna make me a fan. I refuse to endorse shit like them and everything else on tv and radio. I'm just telling a true story. Thought it related since its about the dead rock topic.. I'm with you. There are NO rock bands worth a damn getting air play. I did like the nod toward rock they were giving instead of some super producer trying to make a white band sound like an R&B band.
    I think Silvertide is a good band even though they opened for Van Hagar on the faux reunion tour. I Like Amy Lee's voice and some of the music. Its Mozart compared to the rest of the shit out right now. That's pretty much the only new rock I listen to.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Y

"Many also feel no attachment to current popular music and have started pulling out their parents' old vinyls from the 60s and 70s, anti-corporate bands from the 90s, and less maintream musicians from the present day such as Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd,Steely Dan, Metallica, Nirvana, Gorillaz, Radiohead, Queen, Led Zeppelin, Weezer, Coldplay, AC/DC, Tool, Guns N' Roses, Primus, Beck, Rage Against the Machine, and The Beatles have struck notable attention from this age group. "New-old Rock bands" that were commercially successful such as The Strokes, The White Stripes, The Hives, Franz Ferdinand, and, to a lesser extent, Green Day, were popular with these same children."

See Not eveyone out of "Y" is brainwashed Wigger pieces of shit, I've noticed more and more Kids are getting fed up with it, I'm noticing more and more kids with Floyd, AC/DC and Zep shirts, Hopefully a significant portion of them can pick up the guitar, and we shall get ome new good rock bands within the next 5-10 years.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Teenage Douchebag
    Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Do not fear! For a Winger shall be reborn! Winger will save Rock and Roll!

Woman
    How deep can I gooooooooo
    The name Sammy Hagar conjures up a variety of emotions from music fans--from hate to contempt, from disgust to revulsion.

-TheSmokingGun.com

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by The Scatologist
    Do not fear! For a Winger shall be reborn! Winger will save Rock and Roll!

Woman
    How deep can I gooooooooo

What's she going to do to save rock and roll?

Rock n' Roll Junkie
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think what really sickens me is that white girls find 50 cent hot...

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Dirty Duck
    he has big goofy teeth
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Dirty Duck
    Yeah, but they'll really like him when they get knocked up and have HIV. Then they sue him to the point where he has to sell crack to make a living.

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Rock 'n' roll is nothing you beg for, damn! It's just DIY, without the fucking instructions.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    what really bugs me is white boys trying to act like black rappers..... whats that all about ?the way tthey talk ,dress and act its unbelievable?

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by BALLYJUNKIE
    what really bugs me is white boys trying to act like black rappers..... whats that all about ?the way tthey talk ,dress and act its unbelievable?

WIGGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by BALLYJUNKIE
    Tell me about it...I can't figure it out, either.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think it may be a conformity issue, a sheep mentality. Because the other kids are doing it, they feel they must do it, too, to fit in...to be accepted by their peers.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    thank you ,doctor

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Shit I don't know whats worse being a Wigger or Being a Hagar Fan.

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Little Texan
    I think it may be a conformity issue, a sheep mentality. Because the other kids are doing it, they feel they must do it, too, to fit in...to be accepted by their peers.
    Back in school I didn't give a fuck about my peers, some I liked, some I didn't know that well but respected and the rest I hated. I laughed graduating knowing that those fucks will be stuck in that shithole called Jackson, MI for the rest of they're lives.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    the diffrence between hip hop and rock ,is rock is founded on great musicians,guitar players .... hendrix ,van halen rhoads ,clapton . where hiphop is all about image and not true musicianship ,case in point 99 percent of hip hop artist cant play !!! when was the last time you saw 50 cent or eminem play guitar ,drums ,bass ... hell anything !! its based around one beat thru out thewhole song ,which is a drum machine .(sampling) no matter how you slice it ,when you take a sample of another song you are ripping them off . and the ghetto lifestyle ....... hopefully this rap crap will fade soon , its gotta burn its self out ,how much more of this crap can the american public take ?

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Unchainme
    Shit I don't know whats worse being a Wigger or Being a Hagar Fan.
    being a wigger hagar fan like my friend

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
    WIGGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CHAVS!!!!
    ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    and I don't call any of these emo bands REAL rock either!

BRING ON TOKYO DRAGONS!!!!!

Rock n' Roll Junkie
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Take hip hop outta of a club and It's just plain and simply annoying.

Beer-It does a body good.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Only Van Halen can save rock and roll....with a little help from botox, liposuction and hair club for Mike.
    When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Antman
    Only Van Halen can save rock and roll....with a little help from botox, liposuction and hair club for Mike.
    No, a NEW band needs to save rock n' roll....i dunno who that'll be though....

Zero Discipline
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Gemini 5

www.gemini5.net

Swedish nu-sleaze metal. Motley Crue meets Alice in Chains. Just released 2nd disc. Problem is that they've never been to the states as a band. I guess there's a whole glam revision scene in Europe.

Last edited by Hollywood Jesus; 09-24-2005 at 12:30 AM.
    "Float like a butterfly. Sting like a B-52." - DLR=VH=
    "Rejoice in the wife of your youth. May her breasts satisfy you always." Proverbs 5:18-19.

Thanks forthe dream.- DLR
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Hollywood Jesus
    Gemini 5

www.gemini5.net

Swedish nu-sleaze metal. Motley Crue meets Alice in Chains. Just released 2nd disc. Problem is that they've never been to the states as a band. I guess there's a whole glam revision scene in Europe.

I have never heard their stuff but have heard very good things about them.
    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    look like a typical Euro metal band....i'll check them out....

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ....the guy on the left looks a bit like Scott Weiland...

Farm Hand
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They need to change that number. People are going to confuse them with maroon 5.
    "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Farm Hand
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Soul Reaper
    ....the guy on the left looks a bit like Scott Weiland...
    and the guy on the right looks like Nikki Sixx.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by EbDawson
    and the guy on the right looks like Nikki Sixx.
    the guy with the cap looks a bit like a Motley Crue sort of member....I have no idea who that blonde guy looks like....no-one, I guess....

Thread Information