Originally posted by RuzDNailz

Manfred Mann's version of 'Blinded by the light'
    I thouht ELO did that?!?!?!
    http://www.audiorevolution.com/news/...vidleeroth.gif
    "Senorita, do you need a friend? I'm in love with you
    Catch as catch, catch as catch can"

http://corroded-halo.net/mightyboosh/ep6_1.jpg
    "High crime is on in the city of lights"

Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod

Comment

• Soul Reaper
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
      The worst one IMO has to be Robert Plant's sampling of "Black Dog" for his solo song "Lighten up baby I'm in love with you" why the fuck would anyone sample they're own songs let alone someone elses is beyond me.
      LMAO!

He did that?!
      ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

• RuzDNailz
        Foot Soldier
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Jahuli
        I thouht ELO did that?!?!?!
        Well, Bruce Springsteen was the originator of that song and it didn't go as well as he hoped it would. But Manfred Mann did the better version and Bruce took a while to realize that because he wrote it. I guess some songs were better done as a cover...but not all!

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
          Veteran
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
          The worst one IMO has to be Robert Plant's sampling of "Black Dog" for his solo song "Lighten up baby I'm in love with you" why the fuck would anyone sample they're own songs let alone someone elses is beyond me.
          I thought it was a sample of several Zep songs, including "The Ocean."
          I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• BITEYOASS
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Soul Reaper
            LMAO!

He did that?!

Correction: The Robert Plant song was called "Tall cool one" my fuckup!

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
              I thought it was a sample of several Zep songs, including "The Ocean."
              Actually, it was "Custard Pie", "The Ocean", and "Black Dog". Maybe "Whole Lotta Love" too. And on top of all that, Page actually played on the track as well. If the drums hadn't been a synthetic dance beat, it could have been a decent Zeppelin song.

Though at least Plant used his own material. I was still far more pissed at Page for working with Puffy. Or Coverdale, for that one. Yeah, I know that one wasn't sampling. It only sounded like one long sampled Plant vocal.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Unchainme
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                Actually, it was "Custard Pie", "The Ocean", and "Black Dog". Maybe "Whole Lotta Love" too. And on top of all that, Page actually played on the track as well. If the drums hadn't been a synthetic dance beat, it could have been a decent Zeppelin song.

Though at least Plant used his own material. I was still far more pissed at Page for working with Puffy. Or Coverdale, for that one. Yeah, I know that one wasn't sampling. It only sounded like one long sampled Plant vocal.
                Why does it everyone hates Coverdale*Page so much, I thought he did pretty good on that record, I mean Pride and Joy sounds very much like a Zeppelin song.
                Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• saint
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                  There's a couple out there but Here's a couple I think are the worst.

Billy Squire's The Stroke used In Some New Rap Song,
                  (The Song was one of his best, and The Rap sample SUCKED Big Time.)

Queen And David Bowie's Under Pressure used By Vanilla Ice
                  (Ekk!!!, Using a classic on are your debut, not very wise.)

AND OF COURSE THE WORST OF ALL TIME

KASHMIR BY LED ZEPPELIN USED BY PUFF DADDY
                  What the hell?, Kashmir is Such an Epic song. How the hell do you turn it into a rap song.

Thoughts?
                  Under Pressure, this was actually a gay song to begin with. But MR Vanilla Please...

And as for P. Fiddler Gary More once wrote

The time has come to talk about tomorrow.
                  You should be more careful what you borrow.
                  I heard them on the radio.
                  I saw them on the video.
                  I don't think I can take much more.

Led clones
                  Led clones

You've stolen from the houses of the holy.
                  You've rolled into the kingdom of the sane.
                  http://web.telia.com/~u55014187/kor.gif

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I read somewhere (and this was back in the 90's so it's even worse now) that John Bonham has appeared on 4 times as many albums after his death than he actually played on when he was alive, due to sampling.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Unchainme
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                      I read somewhere (and this was back in the 90's so it's even worse now) that John Bonham has appeared on 4 times as many albums after his death than he actually played on when he was alive, due to sampling.
                      I know, Fucking hate it when they use the legends the most, When you use Led Zep for a Rap Song its kinda like using the bible to advertise for Car insurance. The Thing that really pisses me off is that most of these rappers probably have never heard of Bonzo. Just plain sad.
                      Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

Working...