X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diamondsgirl
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

Blue Oyster Cult

I saw these guys last weekend and thought they sounded pretty good. I saw them back in 1981 and they look quite different but sound pretty much the same. To look at them, you would have no idea they were a rock band. They were wearing jeans and sneakers and polo shirts.

Right away they explained that their instruments and equipment never made it to Boston and so they were borrowing everything from the band that played before them. So you know what that means?

No cowbell. I knew I should have brought mine.

Actually, I could hear the cowbell during Reaper but didn't see anyone playing it. Hmmmm.

They ended the show with out doing my favorite tune, "Dominance and Submission" and I was bummed out, but, they did come back and do it as an encore. And it rocked.

Other than that I thought Godzilla sounded the best of all their tunes.

They went into a few sweet jams during some tunes. The one during ET was the best.

The drummer is some young kid, looks like he could be the son of the other guys. Not sure who he is but he was good.
    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White
  • Antman
    Commando
    • Jan 2004

I always dug BOC. Don't Fear the Reaper is one of the best rock tunes ever. Saw them in 85 open for KISS. Take Me Away is also another great tune by them.
    When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• The Scatologist
      Sniper
      • Jan 2005

This thread needs more cowbell!
      The name Sammy Hagar conjures up a variety of emotions from music fans--from hate to contempt, from disgust to revulsion.

-TheSmokingGun.com

Comment

• rustoffa
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Their equipment didn't make it? They should have channel'd energy from the Galaxy *9 Pyramids and went unplugged...I doubt they wanna subject people to that though.

Comment

• Matt White
          • Jun 2004

BUCK is a STELLAR guitarist...........

I'd have loaned you my cowbell DG!!!!

Comment

• bueno bob
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Re: Blue Oyster Cult

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
            I saw these guys last weekend and thought they sounded pretty good. I saw them back in 1981 and they look quite different but sound pretty much the same. To look at them, you would have no idea they were a rock band. They were wearing jeans and sneakers and polo shirts.

Right away they explained that their instruments and equipment never made it to Boston and so they were borrowing everything from the band that played before them. So you know what that means?

No cowbell. I knew I should have brought mine.

Actually, I could hear the cowbell during Reaper but didn't see anyone playing it. Hmmmm.

They ended the show with out doing my favorite tune, "Dominance and Submission" and I was bummed out, but, they did come back and do it as an encore. And it rocked.

Other than that I thought Godzilla sounded the best of all their tunes.

They went into a few sweet jams during some tunes. The one during ET was the best.

The drummer is some young kid, looks like he could be the son of the other guys. Not sure who he is but he was good.
            Last I heard it was Bobby Rondinelli...ex Rainbow/Sabbath...but if he was young young, than it probably wasn't him...

Did they play In Thee?
            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2004

Re: Re: Blue Oyster Cult

Originally posted by bueno bob
              Last I heard it was Bobby Rondinelli...ex Rainbow/Sabbath...but if he was young young, than it probably wasn't him...

Did they play In Thee?
              yes they did

and the kids name is Jules Radino. I was reading that once Rondinelli gave his notice, they had a "drum off" with six drummers and this kid won.

I love his double bass
              and it rocked when Eric picked up some sticks and played with him
              “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2004

I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Nov 2004

DO-minance!
                  - Sub... sub... sub-subMIssion, submission...
                  ... to our Diamond Mistress!

Sub... sub... sub-submission.
                  posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                  posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell

Fuck yeah!

Got a fever for...anything else?
                    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2004

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Wow.....
                        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                          Wow.....
                          its a great read

Comment

• Dirty Duck
                            Sniper
                            • Aug 2005

Blue Oyster Cult...I always liked them. I know I'm gonna sound like a poser but Don't Fear The Reaper is one of my favorite Rock songs of all times. I have the box set. The old stuff is great...newer..not bad. Never saw them live...wish i did...

Comment

• Ozzy Fudd
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2004

Roth Army MP
                              Originally posted by Panamark
                              Is there such a thing as a trailer park virgin?
                              or is that just a chick that can run faster than her father and brothers ??
                              Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                              She looks like someone I wake up to after a night of drinking. Or someone I'd bang so a buddy of mine can get her hotter friend.
                              Originally posted by JAY HALE
                              so how's about you stop lying, log off and go practice.

Comment

Working...