Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metal Vets Unite For New Band!

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Question Metal Vets Unite For New Band!

This story is taken from a new (hard copy) British heavy metal magazine called THE STOMP BOX . The debut issue hits stands in about three weeks. Here it is:

Has the trumpet of Gabriel finally ushered in a new era of Rockdom? It was at the hallowed halls of Hollywood's Rainbow Bar and Grill where a possibly new Renaissance of Rock and Roll was begotten. That is where, on a sultry summer night two years ago, original Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth ran into another notorious Hollywood luminary Tommy Lee. The two rockers hoisted a few spirits, swapped rock and roll war stories, and before long, Roth found himself hijacked and taken back to Tommy Lee's home to listen to tracks Tommy was planning on using for a solo album. What began as a few suggestions from Roth culminated in a full blown collaboration with the two former hair head rockers whipping up a batch of ten original tunes in two weeks.

Confilicting schedules and personal issues precluded Roth and Lee from consummating with an album and tour at the time, but The Stomp Box caught up with David Lee at a cafe in Manhattan's Lower West Side, just two blocks from one of New York's most prominent rehearsal studios where Dave has been hashing out the Roth/Lee compositions with former KISS lead guitarist Vinnie VIncent and ex-Ozzy Osbourne bassist Bob Daisley. Ray Luzier, who has toured with Roth since the nineties, was handling drum duties.The hyperactive huckster of rock was in high spirits and, to our surprise, somewhat comprehensible as he gave The Stomp Box the skinny on his new project.

According to Roth this CD will provide some "combustible and inextinguishable rock and roll that will shake the world out of its lethargic hip hop and alternative slumber." This will not be a Roth solo project according to The Diamond One, but a full on musical unit! "Robert, Vincent, Thomas, and myself have sampled more than our fair share of bitter fruit in this crazy business called show. We've decided to harness that negative energy and channel it into the music." So, what will these disgruntled, dishonored, and disgusted rock and rollers call themselves? BITTER PILL according to Roth. When we asked for a possible album title , he replied, "What else would you call it, Bubba?...SWALLOW."

Precisely when this album would be recorded is still up in the air. Vinnie VIncent is currently unattached , but Bob Daisley is set to make a new CD with his band LIVING LOUD featuring guitarist Steve Morse, this Fall. Also open for speculation is whether or not Tommy Lee himself will step in behind the drum kit for the recording sessions or even a tour. "That remains to be observed", says Roth. " I sent Thomas a recording of the rehearsals and he almost jumped out of his skin. When he recovers after being knocked out by the vibe, the flash, the attitude, the pomp, and the circumstance, we will await his reply."

IS THERE ANY TRUTH TO THIS????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Gee....sure would be nice...

Actually ANYTHING to bring Uncle Dave back to the Pinnacle Of Grateness (in the public eye) would be a good thing.

John Holmes
    Let's see what happens. I mean, why not?

Diamond Dave is a great singer. Bob Daisley is a very good bass player but, most of all, an excellent lyricist and songwriter.

I don't know much about Vinnie Vincent, but he can possibly be good.

We all know Ray Luzier is an exquisite session drummer and Tommy Lee himself can play drums too.

If there's truth to it, I think the project's outcome will be relevant.

After all, we've all heard Ed's new tunes, sung by the fat lady and they sucked; odds are, even with a reunion, Ed hasn't anything musical left within him, and this is probably the best thing that can happen to Dave.

As far as it goes with Van Halen, as I said, Wolfie is the future:

"Look! Taco Bell!"

I heard ya missed us...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Shoo Bop
    ...on a sultry summer night two years ago, original Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth ran into another notorious Hollywood luminary Tommy Lee. The two rockers hoisted a few spirits, swapped rock and roll war stories, and before long, Roth found himself hijacked and taken back to Tommy Lee's home to listen to tracks Tommy was planning on using for a solo album. What began as a few suggestions from Roth culminated in a full blown collaboration with the two former hair head rockers whipping up a batch of ten original tunes in two weeks.

Confilicting schedules and personal issues precluded Roth and Lee from consummating with an album and tour at the time, but The Stomp Box caught up with David Lee at a cafe in Manhattan's Lower West Side, just two blocks from one of New York's most prominent rehearsal studios where Dave has been hashing out the Roth/Lee compositions with former KISS lead guitarist Vinnie VIncent and ex-Ozzy Osbourne bassist Bob Daisley. Ray Luzier, who has toured with Roth since the nineties, was handling drum duties.The hyperactive huckster of rock was in high spirits and, to our surprise, somewhat comprehensible as he gave The Stomp Box the skinny on his new project.

According to Roth this CD will provide some "combustible and inextinguishable rock and roll that will shake the world out of its lethargic hip hop and alternative slumber." This will not be a Roth solo project according to The Diamond One, but a full on musical unit! "Robert, Vincent, Thomas, and myself have sampled more than our fair share of bitter fruit in this crazy business called show. We've decided to harness that negative energy and channel it into the music." So, what will these disgruntled, dishonored, and disgusted rock and rollers call themselves? BITTER PILL according to Roth.

Wholly F@#$%....if this is true...man oh man....I mean Daisley's done some good stuff w/Ozzy but........ROTH AND TOMMY LEE??!!!

If true, this will be the best thing Dave's been involved in since the EEAS band.....

links links LINKS.....anyone have any links to prove the aforementioned?

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Seems like a HELL of a band to me. They could have a hit single called "The Ballad of Eddie and Sharon" which debate on which one was a bigger cunt.
    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Quote Originally Posted by Sockfucker View Post
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Knows what that'll ge'her
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hmmmm, sounds like a nice dream, but we'll see. Vinnie Vincent is not known as being the most reasonable guy to work with, so I don't know if he could deal with the battle of egos. However, maybe 20 years of not doing anything has changed his attitude.
    Stay Frosty, muthas!

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    with T. Lee or whosoever, it would be like about time for Dave to release some hard stuff...
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

I heard ya missed us...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
    Hmmmm, sounds like a nice dream, but we'll see. Vinnie Vincent is not known as being the most reasonable guy to work with, so I don't know if he could deal with the battle of egos. However, maybe 20 years of not doing anything has changed his attitude.
    lol! AMEN.....Vinnie Vincent.....YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK......GOODBYE!

haha.....never liked Vinnie Vincent....both image wise and musically....

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He can play, but I think this is bullshit...

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Isn't it usually bullshit when a member signs up, and their first post is some rumor they read somewhere else.

Usually.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Calling bullshit on it, too.

If it's true, it's grate....but Vinnie IS the weakest link, here...he's not realiable, he's unreasonable to work with, and least importantly, he's gay (and yes, I know that for a fact).
    Twistin' by the pool.

Farm Hand
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Metal Vets Unite For New Band!

Originally posted by Shoo Bop
    on a sultry summer night two years ago, original Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth ran into another notorious Hollywood luminary Tommy Lee. The two rockers hoisted a few spirits
    Well, I believe the drinking part, the rest I am highly skeptical of.
    "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

John Holmes
    Originally posted by bueno bob
    Calling bullshit on it, too.

If it's true, it's grate....but Vinnie IS the weakest link, here...he's not realiable, he's unreasonable to work with, and least importantly, he's gay (and yes, I know that for a fact).
    This wouldn't happen if faggots were killed at birth. Luckily, nature gets rid of them anyway, 'cause they can't breed fucking each other in the ass.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by John Holmes
    This wouldn't happen if faggots were killed at birth. Luckily, nature gets rid of them anyway, 'cause they can't breed fucking each other in the ass.
    Lovely visual.

Doesn't matter musically, he's still a fine guitarist, but he's unreliable and his work ethic's crap.

John Holmes
    I found this picture of Vinnie Vincent. Well, gayness oozes out through the picture.

Maybe he can play, but yet I dislike the idea of Dave, the king of cool, playing with a faggot.

John Holmes
    Originally posted by bueno bob
    Lovely visual.

Doesn't matter musically, he's still a fine guitarist, but he's unreliable and his work ethic's crap.
    Well, Bueno, this proves that Gene Simmons has reverse Midas touch. Everything he's touched or has been around him turns into crap.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, Bueno, this proves that Gene Simmons has reverse Midas touch. Everything he's touched or has been around him turns into crap.
    Now that I won't much argue with you about...I mean, hell, Vinnie's had such a spectacular career since Kiss ended for him and all...lol

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What a load of bullshit.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by BrownSound1
    What a load of bullshit.
    Sounds like, you think?

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Now if we had that band PLUS Vinnie Moore instead of Vinnie Vincent, it might actually hold merit

THE ACEHOLE SUPREME
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    BULLSHIT
    Quote Originally Posted by hideyoursheep View Post
    When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
    "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

spiralmind
    Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i dont know - i've seen the exact same article posted at another board...

i still think its most likely bullshit...

Look, I'll pay ya for it!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    BULLSHITE!!
    Knowing and believing are two very different things.

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.

Vamos dar um jeito!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Let Brian Young play guitar!

I heard ya missed us...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's bullshit but then again, you're a biggot, so your glasses are obviously tinted....source considered...

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, I called BS in my last post, much like most have responded.

However, I like the possibility of Dave actually doing something along these lines.

If CVH is as dead as it seems to be, then I think a 'super-group' idea for Dave would be the next step.

And it just has to be an all out, hard rock album.

THE ACEHOLE SUPREME
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    BALLS OUT MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

GOOD CALL VINNIE

John Holmes
    Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
    That's bullshit but then again, you're a biggot, so your glasses are obviously tinted....source considered...
    Shut up, ******.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
    Hmmmm, sounds like a nice dream, but we'll see. Vinnie Vincent is not known as being the most reasonable guy to work with...

We'll file that one in the 'understatement-of-the-day' catagory.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

CHERONE and more

Long time roth fan here. You guys seem preetty cool. I am new to this site. Classic Van Halen is my favorite band of all time. I have finally accepted the fact that they will never get back together. Did anybody here go to the Cherone concerts. Granted, he was not a great match for VH , but the best thing about Cherone was he sang a lot of David lee songs in conert that Sammy would not sing...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Would be interested if just Roth and Daisley had hooked up to write together.

Tommy Lee can play. Vinnie Vincent? Yeah, he has a degree of talent. Is able to write. But I still can't stop laughing everytime I think of that Vinnie Vincent Invasion vid that so unintentionally yet expertly paid homage to Spinal Tap...was the track called Boyz Are Gonna Rock? Can't remember the title, and only saw the thing twice when it was still fresh (and was tripping really heavily on mescaline one of those times), but I seem to remember a pink Jackson V and Vinnie wearing a bunch of pink and black mesh-type clothing...it was so bizarre that it's stuck with me ever since.

Only pther vid that induced so much laughter was that vid for the tune called Freight Train....or Like A Freight Train Coming, from a group called...Nitro(?).

Yeah, it'd be something if the rumor was true, but will file this in the same category as the daily CVH reunion sightings; will believe it when I see it.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Terry
    But I still can't stop laughing everytime I think of that Vinnie Vincent Invasion vid that so unintentionally yet expertly paid homage to Spinal Tap...was the track called Boyz Are Gonna Rock? Can't remember the title, and only saw the thing twice when it was still fresh (and was tripping really heavily on mescaline one of those times), but I seem to remember a pink Jackson V and Vinnie wearing a bunch of pink and black mesh-type clothing...it was so bizarre that it's stuck with me ever since.
    ouch...I still got that masterpiece somewhere on my videotapes...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
    ouch...I still got that masterpiece somewhere on my videotapes...

Man, if I saw that clip now, I'd fucking lose it.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Terry
    Man, if I saw that clip now, I'd fucking lose it.
    I got about 15 hours of vides from the 80'ies when there was the "power hour" on tv with mick wall! got to copy them before the tapes are broken!

I got all the classics from VH to venom and all that shit...I just recorded whatever was aired...funny shit...

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Is there a magazine called stompbox? I've never seen it in the UK....this smells like doodoo

Banned
    Gunnery Sgt. of Sound
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Satan
    Seems like a HELL of a band to me. They could have a hit single called "The Ballad of Eddie and Sharon" which debate on which one was a bigger cunt.
    Right. It's only a hoax, since that guy from Plant just got on, and he's a jazz-background blond, so Dave won't be alone.

Any of you actually play this shit?

That was fun for a moment. So, now that you know THIS proposed lineup is gayashell, why don't you put the KiDS back together and pay 'em for sketch, ya'all are so gay, and Satan, I'm surprised at you and your cellies.

Damn that GW for SENDING US ALL TO HELL TO BE WITH YOU.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by iamthedoctor
    Is there a magazine called stompbox?
    No

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Supposedly now, on Melodic Rock, Bob Daisley has denied this supergroup formation with DLR, VV and TLee. I have to admit, I am somewhat skeptical about this denial. The original article I read online, quoted from the STOMP BOX, seems more plausible and fact based to me than this alleged 'denial' from Daisley.
    Let's weigh the issue : Bob's quote on the supergroup matter was simply a 'BS rumor.........' Very strong denial, huh ? Not quite in my eyes. I don't think Daisley was even questioned, or even interviewed, about this topic. This seems like a journalist hack's 'rebuttal' to the STOMP BOX story, sowing his own sour grapes at being scooped on this supergroup formation. The STOMP BOX story was pretty detailed, in length, with tons of quotes from DLR, himself. And it sounded very much like Dave had spilled the beans on the project, probably before he was supposed to. We all know how hard it could be for Dave to keep a secret. That being said, if it was a scoop by the STOMP BOX journalist (getting the dilly from Dave), then if Daisley was indeed questioned, of course, he would deny it ! Why spoil the project before it even got the proper press this group would deserve ? This is/could be a major band that would help rock and roll get back into the world spotlight again, and get rid of (C) rap music, once and for all. We need this band to save our metal souls ! Do you want to be surrounded by Kanye West and Beyonce', the rest of your life ? I don't. I want my metal back ! And Dave, Vinnie, Bob and Tommy can do it for us ! Screw the nay-sayers and those quick to say 'bullshit'. These are simply people, who if they didn't hear the story first, on their own, would deny it until it actually happens. They are just pissed that they didn't get the scoop the story. Instead of supporting this type of union, they shit on it. Remember when the nay-sayers denied the KISS reunion in 95 ? That reunion happened and did DAMN well, in fact ! The posters who have supported this BITTER PILL supergroup, are truly the real rockers who deserve respect and accolades. They deserve this supergroup to release an album that will blow away Eminen and Usher and Do wah Diddy Diddy DUMB Diddy DOO ! So, instead of crapping on this story as a rumor, rockers.........................DEMAND IT TO HAPPEN ! Tell/e-mail/yell/scream/bully and ask nicely of DAVE, VINNIE, TOMMY and BOB to go ahead with their plans, forget the 'pooh-poohers', and record this album ! We need it ! Cheers to the STOMP BOX for scooping this story. Don't let the 'it's bullshit' sour grapers spoil it for all of us. BITTER PILL should get our support, not the nay-sayers' BITTER condemnations....................

I've returned
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I hope theres some truth to it
    Why do women need driver's Licenses? there aren't many roads between the bedroom and the kitchen.

Thread Information