Thread: Andrew Says...

Ed Gein

Andrew Says...

VAN HALEN - SAMMY HAGAR RETURNS, TOUR STARTS JUNE 11:
    Here it is folks...straight from the pages of USA Today Online:
    "Ending months of speculation, Van Halen is confirming a summer reunion tour, with singer Sammy Hagar rejoining the band. They hit the road June 11 in Greensboro, N.C., with dates scheduled through August. Tickets go on sale April 3, and pre-sale tickets will be available through AOL starting Wednesday. A best-of compilation is due in June.
    The return of this lineup, in place from 1985 to 1996, follows prolonged public feuding, the band's brief stint with singer Gary Cherone and Eddie Van Halen's battle with cancer. Van Halen has been inactive since 1999, but Hagar co-headlined a 2002 tour with David Lee Roth, VH's original singer.
    Among confirmed dates: June 16 in Philadelphia; June 22 in East Rutherford, N.J.; July 10 in Detroit; July 19 in Chicago; Aug. 1 in Denver; Aug. 5 in Phoenix and Aug. 19 in Los Angeles. See all 29 announced dates at life.usatoday.com [Info not online as yet]; additional shows will be posted at van-halen.com."

Ok - so there are the first official dates and confirmation that Sammy Hagar has returned to the band. But I can't let this go without saying a little something.
    Is this the absolute lamest possible way of announcing the re-union?
    What happened to fanfare, the pomp, the ceremony - what the hell happened to a press release from the band???
    This is a band that has said virtually nothing in years, but announces tour dates via USA Today? Fans have been hanging out for anything official from Van Halen since 2001. They have been hanging on ever rumor, every tidbit of info and since I first announced Hagar was coming back to the band last November, news has been leaking ever increasingly, but still nothing from the guys! If now isn't the time - when is?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Lou
    Fuck this band. Really, just fuck this band.

I'm 22 going on 23 next month, I've never seen Eddie live, and guess what on June 16th when Van Hagar comes to Philadelphia I'M NOT GONNA BE THERE EDDIE THROWING AWAY MY MONEY AND SUPPORTING YOUR BULLSHIT.

I just can't enjoy it with Little Fat Sambo singing and the band playing music I hate.

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-31-2024 @ 03:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,469 Posts

I always liked the music.

It's Sammy I depise.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2014 @ 09:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

You liked "Dreams" ??? Fark, Im outta here..

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:21 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,529 Times in 1,999 Posts

July 10th and 11th in Detroit. Two different venues. Joe Louis Arena and The Palace.

Thread Information