Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DAVID LEE ROTH vs VAN HALEN

TMR

DAVID LEE ROTH vs VAN HALEN

It just goes to show you .......20 YEARS after the release of 1984 and look where DAVE has gone and what Ed has done.

1985 Dave releases CFTH Just a Gigolo/ California Girls are all over the radio....also Dave worked on a movie!

1986 Dave created the EEAS BAND...BEST BAND ever IMO, who's been out there still creating new music....VAI, SHEEHAN, and DAVE!!!!!!!!
    Dave gets an award for BEST RELEASE!!

1988 SKYSCRAPER is released..another platinum effort!!!!!

1991 ALAE released...new band BLUES meets ROCK effort!!

1994 YFLM released...new band Mix of everything Dave grows musically again!

1995 Mississippi Power is released in the USA....extra song from YFLM

1995 DAVE has fun in LV with LIVE PERFORMANCES

1996 Dave creates 2 NEW SONGS for BEST OF VH...VH GOES PLATINUM

1997 Dave releases a BEST OF DLR and CFTH BOOK

1998 Dave releases DLR BAND with 2 NEW SINGLES.....new band

1999 DAVE tours in support of VH Reunion
    2000 Dave wastes more time with ED and Continues to TOUR
    2001-2002 Dave tours in support of having a good time
    2002 Dave releases DLR BBQ VIDEO to radio stations
    2003 Dave releases DIAMOND DAVE....new band

ED has done nothing but Fuckin drink and make crap music with SPAM!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

TMR
    2004 Dave continues to TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-31-2024 @ 03:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,469 Posts

2005 EAT EM AND SMILE REUNION!!!!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Chaz Rock City
    Dave back with the Eat'em and Smile line-up be killer. I hear Billy Sheenan could use the money, he blew all his on scienentology

KungFuMonKey

Thumbs up

I think alot of us on this board has layed in bed at night wondering...why hasn't Dave got the Eatem and Smile band back 2gether. Look at all the old interview vids..everyone was happy and glad to be there. It cannot be a money issue as Steve Vai has shedded all his material symbolic wealth. Wouldn't it be a suprise if a Eatem and Smile reunion outsold a Van Hagar reunion? I believe it would..even though they may have to play for a few more months.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-07-2015 @ 05:45 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I am convinced a EEAS tour would out sell Van Hagar. I think the boys have misread how pissed off a lot of people really are!!

Beer Drinker&Hell Raiser
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-29-2023 @ 11:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I like the EEAS album, it's by far the strongest solo material Dave ever put out. Really, he never reached those heights again.

But the EEAS band sounded like shit playing classic VH tunes live. There ain't a single version of any old song that sounds any good. I can't listen to any of it and enjoy myself.

L.S.D.
    I thnk you all need to sit back and think about
    Originally posted by TMR
    It just goes to show you .......20 YEARS after the release of 1984 and look where DAVE has gone and what Ed has done.

1985 Dave releases CFTH Just a Gigolo/ California Girls are all over the radio....also Dave worked on a movie!

1986 Dave created the EEAS BAND...BEST BAND ever IMO, who's been out there still creating new music....VAI, SHEEHAN, and DAVE!!!!!!!!
    Dave gets an award for BEST RELEASE!!

1988 SKYSCRAPER is released..another platinum effort!!!!!

1991 ALAE released...new band BLUES meets ROCK effort!!

1994 YFLM released...new band Mix of everything Dave grows musically again!

1995 Mississippi Power is released in the USA....extra song from YFLM

1995 DAVE has fun in LV with LIVE PERFORMANCES

1996 Dave creates 2 NEW SONGS for BEST OF VH...VH GOES PLATINUM

1997 Dave releases a BEST OF DLR and CFTH BOOK

1998 Dave releases DLR BAND with 2 NEW SINGLES.....new band

1999 DAVE tours in support of VH Reunion
    2000 Dave wastes more time with ED and Continues to TOUR
    2001-2002 Dave tours in support of having a good time
    2002 Dave releases DLR BBQ VIDEO to radio stations
    2003 Dave releases DIAMOND DAVE....new band

ED has done nothing but Fuckin drink and make crap music with SPAM!
    You have got to be the dumbest fuck on this board.... Lets see here....

1986 Van halen releases 5150, it becomes the first Van halen album to Reach #1 and spawns 5 Hits.

1988 Van Halen release thier 2nd #1 album OU812 and headlines The Monsters Of Rock at Stadiums across the nation and then tours on its own and sells out multiple nights in Japan at arenas that hold 40,000+

1990 Van Halen opens night club in Cabo San Lucas

1991 Van halen releases For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, An album that wins hard rock best album of the year from Billboard, American Music Awards, and the Grammy.

1992- The Video for Right Now wins 3 awards at the MTV awards including best vid of the year.

Ed also reelease his own line of guitars by Ernie Ball-- The Music Man.

1993- VH release a double live album that eventually sells 2.5 million copies and tours the world over.

In contrary to what you have, dlr gets arrested for buying weed off a cop.

1995- Balance is released and becomes the fastest album ever to sell 2 million copies. Also it hits #1 on the Billboard charts knocking Garth BRooks off.

now in contrary to what you say, in 1995, dlr vegas show got cancelled after it got panned by critics and didnt sell any tickets.

We all know what happens next, and do i need to comment?

well in 98 VH3 flops, but still sells more than 550,000 copies, which dlr could not achieve as his album sells just over 50,000. they both tour. But DLR tours opening for Bad Company----bwhaaaaaa.

in 2000 you say dave wastes time with vh, Probably the other way around they way that panned out.

in 2001-2002, dave tours as a van halen rip off band backs him up and even calls Sammy to go on the road with him. Not the other way around.

in 03 dave releases BBq video, which ahs not musical or artistic merit whasoever, and til this day, no one understands why?

in 03 He releases an album of steve miller, beatles, and lounge covers. it sells barely 6,500 copies. But hey, its being released in Europe, so maybe that will be big there....right.

In 04 Van halen regroups w/ Sammy, is hitting the road, and dlr is on the sopranos. He left Van Halen to be a movie star, but really a cameo is what he got.

FACT, FACT, and one more time....FACT on all accounts.

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2007 @ 03:05 AM
    Status
    Thanks

well said! I find it sad that DLR has fallen so far, but c'est la vie!

Ford's Daddy
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-01-2012 @ 08:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by degüello
    I like the EEAS album, it's by far the strongest solo material Dave ever put out. Really, he never reached those heights again.

But the EEAS band sounded like shit playing classic VH tunes live. There ain't a single version of any old song that sounds any good. I can't listen to any of it and enjoy myself.
    Yeah, but if they got back together for a new album, they'd have 3 albums worth of material to pull from for a tour. I think Dave would probably hit some highlight VH tunes, but he wouldn't need to base the entire tour off of the VH catalog.

I for one hope he calls Vai and Sheehan. And I think if it's better than Skyscraper, it'll out sell VanHagar.

L.S.D.
    Originally posted by phildogger
    well said! I find it sad that DLR has fallen so far, but c'est la vie!
    no shit, how can someone like TMR post that? um can you say idiot.

L.S.D.
    Originally posted by John Ashcroft
    Yeah, but if they got back together for a new album, they'd have 3 albums worth of material to pull from for a tour. I think Dave would probably hit some highlight VH tunes, but he wouldn't need to base the entire tour off of the VH catalog.

I for one hope he calls Vai and Sheehan. And I think if it's better than Skyscraper, it'll out sell VanHagar.

Itll outseel Van Hagar, how the fuck can you be so dumb? I dont get it? It never outsold Van Hagar jackass.

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

It jealousy of Sammy and the Boys. IMHO. Dave was great, I loved his VH and early solo stuff. But he is now a joke. Awesome to Annoying in 10 easy years, its the "DLR workout!"

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-10-2012 @ 06:38 PM
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by L.S.D.
    I thnk you all need to sit back and think about

You have got to be the dumbest fuck on this board.... Lets see here....

1986 Van halen releases 5150, it becomes the first Van halen album to Reach #1 and spawns 5 Hits.

1988 Van Halen release thier 2nd #1 album OU812 and headlines The Monsters Of Rock at Stadiums across the nation and then tours on its own and sells out multiple nights in Japan at arenas that hold 40,000+

1990 Van Halen opens night club in Cabo San Lucas

1991 Van halen releases For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, An album that wins hard rock best album of the year from Billboard, American Music Awards, and the Grammy.

1992- The Video for Right Now wins 3 awards at the MTV awards including best vid of the year.

Ed also reelease his own line of guitars by Ernie Ball-- The Music Man.

1993- VH release a double live album that eventually sells 2.5 million copies and tours the world over.

In contrary to what you have, dlr gets arrested for buying weed off a cop.

1995- Balance is released and becomes the fastest album ever to sell 2 million copies. Also it hits #1 on the Billboard charts knocking Garth BRooks off.

now in contrary to what you say, in 1995, dlr vegas show got cancelled after it got panned by critics and didnt sell any tickets.

We all know what happens next, and do i need to comment?

well in 98 VH3 flops, but still sells more than 550,000 copies, which dlr could not achieve as his album sells just over 50,000. they both tour. But DLR tours opening for Bad Company----bwhaaaaaa.

in 2000 you say dave wastes time with vh, Probably the other way around they way that panned out.

in 2001-2002, dave tours as a van halen rip off band backs him up and even calls Sammy to go on the road with him. Not the other way around.

in 03 dave releases BBq video, which ahs not musical or artistic merit whasoever, and til this day, no one understands why?

in 03 He releases an album of steve miller, beatles, and lounge covers. it sells barely 6,500 copies. But hey, its being released in Europe, so maybe that will be big there....right.

In 04 Van halen regroups w/ Sammy, is hitting the road, and dlr is on the sopranos. He left Van Halen to be a movie star, but really a cameo is what he got.

FACT, FACT, and one more time....FACT on all accounts.

I think your missing the point here. dave has continued on and did what he wanted to do. Not what the record co. told him to do.
    And you want facts? Check the album sales of each of those that Spermmy is on. 5150 was high sales, and every album slipped after that. Album by album...down...down...down...5150 was living off the excited of a new singer, and thats why sales were high. Once everyone heard 5150, every other album by VH sucked donkey balls in sales, and for good reason.

L.S.D.
    and notice how not one person will comment who is pro dave, where are you rothtards now? prove me wrong... I beg you.

L.S.D.
    Originally posted by Big Troubles
    I think your missing the point here. dave has continued on and did what he wanted to do. Not what the record co. told him to do.
    And you want facts? Check the album sales of each of those that Spermmy is on. 5150 was high sales, and every album slipped after that. Album by album...down...down...down...5150 was living off the excited of a new singer, and thats why sales were high. Once everyone heard 5150, every other album by VH sucked donkey balls in sales, and for good reason.
    that is the best youve got. pussy.

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Thats funny, because I don't remember a VH album with DLR hitting #1. ever.

Ford's Daddy
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by L.S.D.
    Itll outseel Van Hagar, how the fuck can you be so dumb? I dont get it? It never outsold Van Hagar jackass.
    Because I see the return of Spammy being VH IV. And if it sells like VH III, Dave would definitely out sell them with the EEAS line up.

It's just a prediction, not based on past Van Hagar sales figures. I just don't see much excitement for the Van Hagar line up. But I do see alot of excitement at the prospect of Dave with Vai and Sheehan.

Let's face it, alot of people really wanted a Dave / VH reunion. When that didn't happen most people lost interest in Van Halen.

L.S.D.
    this is too funny, so I am missing the point that as the 80's turned into the '90s and grunge came in, Van Halen still goes #1, still sells at least 3-4 million with each outing, and dlrs album sales hit the most embarassing of #'s, but its cool, cuz he wanted to become the laughing stock of the music indusrty while van halen wins grammys?

dumb ass mother fuckers here.

L.S.D.
    Because I see the return of Spammy being VH IV. And if it sells like VH III, Dave would definitely out sell them with the EEAS line up.

It's just a prediction, not based on past Van Hagar sales figures. I just don't see much excitement for the Van Hagar line up. But I do see alot of excitement at the prospect of Dave with Vai and Sheehan.

Let's face it, alot of people really wanted a Dave / VH reunion. When that didn't happen most people lost interest in Van Halen.

Yeah, that is why Van Halen is the #3 most searched topic yahoo and google this week, go to the vhforums for the link.

The world has no interest in steve vai over eddie van halen, or dlr anymore, Cut your fucking mullet and join us in 2004. For christs sake. You are so fucking retarded with you predictions.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Thanks

Check your facts retards. 1984 was the first album to spawn #1 hits. Was Sammy on that one LSD? Not too mention that 1984 went Diamond. Hey, I wonder why they called it Diamond?

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

an EEAS reunion would outsell VH? LMAO! EEAS was an OK album, but it was no 5150! and no one gives a shit anymore! Can you really imagine MTV or E! News reporting on that? Get real! Billy Sheehan was 92 in 1986, and Steve Vai is Eddie-lite. and Greg (Mullet) Bissonette? Please. Get real. Dave was great once, but its OVER NOW!

Ford's Daddy
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Heh heh heh... Mullet went in '89, but thanks for your concern. Interesting that Mikey still sports one though...

L.S.D.
    Check your facts retards. 1984 was the first album to spawn #1 hits. Was Sammy on that one LSD? Not too mention that 1984 went Diamond. Hey, I wonder why they called it Diamond?
    No one ever said anything bad about Van Halen with Roth, youd be a moron to do that. The original lineup is classic and fucking rocks....this thread was about waht happened after they split, so doent go bringing in what roth did w/ Vh, becasue we know hd did great things with them, its post VH that he sucks donkey balls.

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

L.S.D, i like your style! And remember, unlike Dave, Sammy had a GREAT solo Career! I saw hiw solo many times, awesome stuff. I also saw Dave solo, and it was packed, but 7-11 doesn't hold that many people anyways.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

http://www.van-halen.com/newsite/music.html

click on the album to get the correct album sales and peak positions on the charts. read em weep Hagar fans. All albums after Dave left dwindled. :fucku2:

L.S.D.
    an EEAS reunion would outsell VH? LMAO! EEAS was an OK album, but it was no 5150! and no one gives a shit anymore! Can you really imagine MTV or E! News reporting on that? Get real! Billy Sheehan was 92 in 1986, and Steve Vai is Eddie-lite. and Greg (Mullet) Bissonette? Please. Get real. Dave was great once, but its OVER NOW!

seriously.......someone get this guy some drugs or something, cuz you aint right.

L.S.D.
    http://www.van-halen.com/newsite/music.html

click on the album to get the correct album sales and peak positions on the charts. read em weep Hagar fans. All albums after Dave left dwindled. :fucku2:

No shit, they were kings of the scene, no one is denying that. But name one van halen fan that bought the hagar and not the roth years. I am a bigger fan of Van Hagar, but I still own all the roth albums, that is the case a with ton of people. Its your complete dismissal that van halen had a career after dlr, and still does, he doesntl.

L.S.D.
    L.S.D, i like your style! And remember, unlike Dave, Sammy had a GREAT solo Career! I saw hiw solo many times, awesome stuff. I also saw Dave solo, and it was packed, but 7-11 doesn't hold that many people anyways.
    7-11 wouldnt even book him now....Ill see at the arena this summer! Gadoosh!!!!!

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

hey pal, you just proved our point too. Sales of early VH dwindled after the first album, until 1984. and 7 million people bought that album for 'Jump'. Funny, but why didn't the 'Best of' sell more than Balance? Hmmm, 2 new Dave songs, and it couldnt outsell any Van Hagar album. Point/Counterpoint.

Ford's Daddy
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Van Halen did have a career after DLR. They just don't now...

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I dont dismiss that VH had a career after Dave. I know they did. But they catered to a whole new crowd of breast suckling, tweeners that listen to the radio and wear the clothes their friends are wearing. Thats not good music. Thats not even Milli Vanilli. They had success. But we all know how thats measured in RnR. I take Dave, cause he's the hard rocker that wont stop to take a breather or get therapy. He's true rock n roll, and that is something that VH is missing. Roots.

L.S.D.
    well see......but dlr does right? His club tour is the hottest ticket in town....barf.

L.S.D.
    I dont dismiss that VH had a career after Dave. I know they did. But they catered to a whole new crowd of breast suckling, tweeners that listen to the radio and wear the clothes their friends are wearing. Thats not good music. Thats not even Milli Vanilli. They had success. But we all know how thats measured in RnR. I take Dave, cause he's the hard rocker that wont stop to take a breather or get therapy. He's true rock n roll, and that is something that VH is missing. Roots.
    He is an annoying freak who never left 1984. And dont forget, he walked out on them to be a fucking movie star to a movie that never got made. DLR chose the direction of Diver Down, Ed chose the direction of 1984, so he bailed. DLR wants the covers, ed wants to play whatever he writes. Why is that so bad? It doesnt always have to pedal to the metal. If it does for you great, but not for me.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Van Halen did have a career after DLR. They just don't now...
    Hey JA, any idea why theres Sammy fans in the Army? Having too many of these freaks in the Army will weaken our defense line. Too many queers not paying attention on the front line will only get us killed. I think we should use these Spemmy fans as human shields.

L.S.D.
    Ill tell you why we are here, cuz all the other boards are jammed with fans of the band, this place will be deserted in less than a year. Van halen will roll on....sorry if that hurts ya...cuz I know it does.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I choose the Diver Down way. I chose the EEAS smile way. I chose the rock n roll way. I chose the way of not selling out and lieing to the fans way.
    remember: "when we walked on stage it was over-whelming. They dont cheer like that when the Bay City Rollers reconvene".

They are making a huge fucking mistake and it will be funny watching them cancell shows due to poor sales.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

actualy I am only signed into the Army. It will be here as long as there are dave fans. And buddy, theres alot. Which begs the question, again... WHY are you here? your obviously a Sam Hagar fan?

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

seriously? why?
    sam has a site you know. you can go over there now....

L.S.D.
    this tour will not have poor sales, I cant wait for you to eat that shit youre talking./ I cant wait to see dlr playing at some shithole club slashing his head open with a sword whhile trying to muster up any sense of how bad he fucked up his career..

Thread Information