Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

I had lunch at his "Sticky Fingers" restaurant 2 years ago, found it totally by chance. The food is er, sticky for sure.

But the restaurant is a real museum: in the entrance, there's a gold record of the Stones' Sticky Fingers hanging on the wall.
    Inside, there are dozens of genuine, vintage pics of the Stones on stage or hanging around, bass guitars, guitars...

He came to the restaurant the night before the night I was there, as one of the employees told me. He is 84 now. Time waits for no one...

I have an American issue of Monkey Grip on vinyle, his 1974 solo album, love it. He was the first Stone to do so.

I bought "Stone Alone", the book he published years ago, still have to finish it. It's full of great anecdotes. Bill used to keep notes all the time.

I took pictures that night, but as I changed phones since, I'll have to dig into my archives (that aren't always exactly tidy) and share a few here maybe.
    Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 09-15-2020, 05:03 PM.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And the deluxe remaster rollout train continues... because they're bored shitless at home and have nothing else to do, probably.

This time around it's the re-issue of Keef's "Live At The Palladium" from the first X-Pensive Winos tour in 1988. Not sure how much unreleased material there will be on there, but I know this wasn't on the original album....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I picked up the six disc Steel Wheels thing. Haven't got into it yet though.

Forgot to ask about the Goat's Head Soup set while I was there. Might just get it off Amazon.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Get 'Hate It When You Leave' and the rare Keith Richards track “Key To The Highway” (which only ever saw release on the Japanese version of the album Main Offender) on a red vinyl 7” single on Record Store Day. This RSD exclusive drops Oct 24th, and is limited to 4000 units.

For more info and for participating stores, visit https://recordstoreday.com/ .

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• easter
              Roth Army Recruit
              • Oct 2020

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Nov 2004

I've had that "Key to the highway" for years in "Stereo rarities" vol. 4. Keith could still sing in the 90s.
                posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, I'm sure I have it on at least one boot myself. Seems like an odd choice to release a vinyl single for two songs that have been out for nearly 30 years, let alone make a video for one of them. Keef should have released a single and video of this back in the day. "Hate It When You Leave" was always one of my favorite tracks on Main Offender. Keef goes Motown, and goddamned if he doesn't pull it off.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                    The Stones suck tea coaster balls off of a dead Easter bunny when playing live.
                    Really? Are you saying this as a complete truth throughout their career? Cuz if you mean that, you truly have no credibility. I used to think you were just the town idiot, but you really are claiming the Stones never were an amazing live band?

Do yourself a favor. Grab a copy of GET YER YA-YA'S OUT and give that a listen. That is some supremely raw, brilliant live rock 'n' roll.
                    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber

Forgot to ask about the Goat's Head Soup set while I was there. Might just get it off Amazon.
                      At first I was kinda annoyed that the GOAT'S HEAD SOUP didn't have even more unreleased tracks, but I think a lot of my favorite outtakes from that period are from the IORAR sessions...and two solid outtakes from GOAT'S HEAD already came out on TATTOO YOU. Anyway, when I listened to the studio outtakes disc from the new GOAT'S set, I was surprised how cool and different some of the alternate takes are. It's nice to have CRISS CROSS with more polished sound. And SCARLET is really solid. Great box set.
                      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I had forgotten about this until 'Keith' died last week.

Stella Street is a British television comedy programme, originally screened in four series on BBC Two between 1997 and 2001. It takes the form of a mockumentary filmed on a camcorder, based on the fantastical premise that a group of British and American celebrities have all decided to move into Stella Street in Surbiton (actually Hartswood Road, London, W12).

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                            I watched it. Pretty good, but I prefer At The Max. Saw it in Imax at Cedar Point the year it came out...a nice air-conditioned break on a hot summer amusement park day.
                            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'm sure I've posted this one before, but the RIAA nazis probably took it down. So enjoy it while you can.... because you won't find it on anything officially released since 1978.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I downloaded the Some Girls 8 track from somewhere a while ago but I don't remember where.

Comment

Working...