mmyeah, that was what i was getting at.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Yep, that's it! Quite a good concert! Even in DTS it sounds great although dated. And I have to admit after watching this I've never seen Keith play as aggressive before (or after) as he does here. The guy is on fire here.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, even though the video of this show only surfaced recently, the audio was in the bootleg universe for decades, and it's probably my second favorite Stones performance ever

(The Brussels Affair from 1973 is still #1. And I mean the bootleg version, not the Bob Clearmountain "remaster" with Mick Taylor practically inaudible in the mix except for the solos)
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

The performance is remarkable. I must say I was quite impressed with this disc. Even Wyman can be heard! Keith is really the entertainment here even with Jagger being ah, Jagger. No gimmicky playing, brilliant fills and solos both him and Wood seem to be at the peak of their playing skills. You can really see just how much of a riff-writing genius Richards is and he seems so comfortable at doing it even though he must be higher than a kite. Was also a bit surprised to see Doug Kershaw playing violin with them. Anyway, this is how the Stones should play - no fucking Taylor Swift, no Brad Paisley, no Jack White.
              Last edited by Kristy; 07-02-2013, 02:23 AM.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

The entire Glastonbury set is on dimeadozen in HD....

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by VHscraps
                    Coulda been the UK edition ...
                    Not this?

Comment

• Satan
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                      The entire Glastonbury set is on dimeadozen in HD....
                      Well... technically it's not the entire set. It's the broadcast version, same content as above. But the HD is definitely worth the upgrade.

My guess is that when another "Four Flicks"/"Biggest Bang" video box set of this tour is released just in time for "Black Friday" sales, it will contain a full DVD of this show, among others.

But this will hold a Devil over until then......
                      Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                      I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

Lol.

Well, my source said the entire set is up. And he is on that shit like glue, lol.

Not into BT myself. I have other sources for my stuff.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well, here's the full set list from the Stones own website.....

RS Setlist GLASTONBURY June 29 2013

Jumpin’ Jack Flash

It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It)

Paint It Black

Gimme Shelter

Glastonbury Girl

Wild Horses

Doom And Gloom

Can’t You Hear Me Knocking (with Mick Taylor)

Honky Tonk Women

You Got The Silver (with Keith Richards on lead vocals)

Happy (with Keith Richards on lead vocals)

Miss You

Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)

2000 Light Years From Home

Sympathy For The Devil

Start Me Up

Tumbling Dice

Brown Sugar

ENCORE

You Can’t Always Get What You Want (with the Voce Choir and members of the London Youth Choir)

(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (with Mick Taylor)
                          The broadcast version - and the version posted at Dime - start with "Miss You". So the first half of the set is unaccounted for.

Even the audio bootlegs (apparently taken from same day FM broadcasts) have the same set.

Seems odd that a headliner would only get half their set on the air, especially when it's "the world's greatest rock n roll band".......
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• VHscraps
                            Veteran
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            Not this?

Could be, Sesh - but I thought it stuck my mind specifically because it was Men's HEALTH ... it just seemed so unlikely that Keith was on the cover of that ...
                            THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• VHscraps
                              Veteran
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by FORD
                              Well, here's the full set list from the Stones own website.....

The broadcast version - and the version posted at Dime - start with "Miss You". So the first half of the set is unaccounted for.

Even the audio bootlegs (apparently taken from same day FM broadcasts) have the same set.

Seems odd that a headliner would only get half their set on the air, especially when it's "the world's greatest rock n roll band".......
                              I think initially the Stones - and people are interpreting this as Mick negotiating - wanted a lot less to be shown than was actually broadcast. I dunno why - could be about money. The word is that Glastonbury don't pay a lot of money to anyone, but because the Festival has had wall-to-wall BBC coverage since the 90s, the acts accept the lower performance fees because they will likely get a boost in sales of albums etc.

The BBC typically film EVERYTHING, and over the coming months it could be that the rest of the set will sneak out on one of their channels - they always broadcast stuff from Glastonbury to fill in gaps in the months after the actual event. If they do show the rest of the set, some Stones fan out there will be watching and recording / ripping it from BBC's iplayer.
                              THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps
                                Could be, Sesh - but I thought it stuck my mind specifically because it was Men's HEALTH ... it just seemed so unlikely that Keith was on the cover of that ...
                                Maybe it was the "better living through narcotics and alcohol" issue?
                                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...