Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 "The Rolling Stones" Thread - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Rolling Stones" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FORD View Post
    Some recently released footage from the 1982 Leeds show (which also happens to be the next Stones Archive "offiical bootleg" release)

We went to the Phoenix show on this tour. A couple of us were shooting the shit at the local country club house. I can still smell the french fries and the chlorine smell from the pool. The Stones were on tour and we better take advantage of it because those guys are getting old and this might be the last chance we ever will have to see them live. So we bought tickets and car pooled down to Phoenix to see the show. We stayed with someone's relatives in Mesa. That seems so long ago and it's amazing the Stones are still around. I forgot how much the tickets cost.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 02-11-2013, 01:20 AM.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• And now for something really fucking weird......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• And yet another example of how Mick Taylor's best stuff ended up on the cutting room floor....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Keef channels his inner Dylan......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Grabbed a bunch of used Stones albums over the weekend, probably around 12 of them... I went through all of my vinyl a few weeks ago and I have no idea where all my Stones albums went.
              All I had left was Beggar's Banquet, Satanic Majesties (US Stereo w/ 3D cover) and a imported Decca comp called 'Gimme Shelter'.
              Was listening to the mono version of 'The Rolling Stones, Now!' and it sounded great!
              Last edited by Mr Walker; 02-11-2013, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• photo.jpg

I have this left over print from a project one of our corporate clients was doing a little while back. Can anyone tell me who's playing keyboards? Looks a little like McCartney sitting in, but I have a feeling it's not him. Any ideas?

Comment

• Keef's book lists about every keyboard player they ever used. I know one thing - it ain't Billy Preston.
                  My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLR Bridge View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]9544[/ATTACH]

I have this left over print from a project one of our corporate clients was doing a little while back. Can anyone tell me who's playing keyboards? Looks a little like McCartney sitting in, but I have a feeling it's not him. Any ideas?
                    That would be Ian McLagan from The Faces. He was on the Stones tours in 1978 and 1981, as well as Keef & Woody's New Barbarians tour in 1979.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• *Sigh*

Comment

• Originally posted by FORD View Post
                        That would be Ian McLagan from The Faces. He was on the Stones tours in 1978 and 1981, as well as Keef & Woody's New Barbarians tour in 1979.
                        ...speaking of which....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Never knew there was a video for this. Not much of a video really, and the audio is shitty, but presented here just out of a historical curiosity....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Here's an audience clip from Keef's court-mandated benefit concert for the blind school in 1979. (Obviously at least one person in attendance wasn't blind).

Not the best quality footage, but probably the only time you'll ever see "Prodigal Son" performed live. Mick and Keef did that one by themselves and then were joined by the rest of the Stones for the remainder of the show.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• This one was rewritten as "Don't Be A Stranger" on the Some Girls remaster. Probably because Mick had already used the title "Lucky In Love" on his solo album.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• This one is pretty much just Keef & Charlie jamming... Mick comes in a little later.
                                Last edited by FORD; 02-16-2013, 02:06 PM.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...
                                X