No announcement yet.

"The Rolling Stones" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never knew about any of that Claudine stuff....thanks to both of you. I thought the vocals sounded a little "added"....haven't listened to the re-issue of Exile yet. Some Girls was such a strong period in time for the Stones....total renaissance for them.

Comment

You set it right, Satan!

I thought I remembered about the story, thought I could sum it up by memory, but... :confused:

Mick tells about how "Claudine" was taken out of "Emotional Rescue", which was released 2 years after "Some Girls" by the way,
      yet they released it in the "Some Girls" reissue.

CBC archives - Canada's home for news, sports, lifestyle, comedy, arts, kids, music, original series & more.

Sorry for the fucking ads before the audio clip starts.
      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

Much of Emotional Rescue was "leftovers" from the Some Girls sessions, but if they were going to open up the Some Girls bonus tracks to later sessions, I don't see why they left this one out. One of Keef's greatest vocals ever, in my Most Unholy opinion. (The woman singing is Chrissy Kimsey, the producer's wife, believe it or not!)

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

I didn't know about this one at all. Cheers!

The woman's voice sounds mmmmh sweet!
          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise View Post
            What I find no good in the "Some Girls" reissue is that Jagger indulged himself into re-recording vocals... What a pity...

Mick committed that in too many of the "Exile" bonus tracks. It pissed me when I heard that - spotted the trick at once.
            Mick has stated before that he would give the same treatment to Exile On Main Street if he had his way...
            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

Originally posted by Zing! View Post
              Mick has stated before that he would give the same treatment to Exile On Main Street if he had his way...
              Probably about half of the Exile bonus tracks were "new" vocals, like the singles "Plundered My Soul" and "Following The River", while others were left intact from the original tapes like "Good Time Women" and Keef's hilariously smacked up version of "Soul Survivor"......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Yeah, I've heard those - Jagger's voice strikes me as aging somewhat like McCartney's, but Sir Paul sings in a more mellow style that doesn't draw attention to it. I thought he sounded great on 'Memory Almost Full.' Other than a few Stones tracks here and there, I haven't particularly cared for Mick's voice since 'Voodoo Lounge.'
                My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

As far as the Some Girls bonus tracks go, you had songs like "No Spare Parts" and "Do You Think I Really Care" where the vocals weren't really finished in the 1978 versions, so I can see why Mick re-did them with a complete set of lyrics. It only sounds a little off because he waited 34 fucking years to do it.

"Don't Be A Stranger" was the only one that was a total rewrite lyrically, because the original title of that song was "Lucky In Love", and Mick already used that title on his first solo album (even though it was entirely a different song)

The only true disappointment for me on the Some Girls bonus tracks was "You Win Again". The vocals for that one did NOT need to be re-recorded. It's a fucking country song, for Christ's sake, so when they recorded the original completely drunk off their asses, it sounded COUNTRY. Should have left that one alone, Mick

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Originally posted by Zing! View Post
                    Yeah, I've heard those - Jagger's voice strikes me as aging somewhat like McCartney's, but Sir Paul sings in a more mellow style that doesn't draw attention to it. I thought he sounded great on 'Memory Almost Full.' Other than a few Stones tracks here and there, I haven't particularly cared for Mick's voice since 'Voodoo Lounge.'
                    Memory Almost Full is a solid album.

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Much better than the version Mick later put out on his solo album
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Just in case there's anybody out there who has never heard this (it's a crime that it was never released officially. Legal bullshit issues, most likely.....)

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Oh I got a lotta knots in my hair
                              I can't seem to straighten out
                              Ah, I think I need a blood transfusion

You know Keef had to have written those lyrics
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Diggin' the slide guitar in Brown Sugar. I heard waiting on a friend today on the radio and after it finished the dj said the music was written in 1970 but never had lyrics and was never released until Tattoo you......anyone ever hear of that?

Comment

Working...
                                X