• Jesus Christ
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Praise Me for the Stones and the Faces!

Comment

• rocking ron
      Head Fluffer
      • Sep 2010

I like the Stones very much.........from the late 70's......till now..........don't like their early stuff at all..............

My favourite albums : VOODOO LOUNGE == DIRTY WORK == BRIDGES TO BABYLON == Tattoo you = Steel Wheels == Undercover == Emotional Resque

I've seen them 5 times live, and they've never dissapointed me, great shows!!

I like also MICK JAGGER's solo stuff very much, got some bootleg dvd's where he's doing solo and Stones songs, awesome!!

Comment

• Jack68
        Commando
        • Sep 2004

Probably the greatest and most fitting video a legendary band ever put out.
        "Avant Garde is French for bullshit.”

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jahuli
          Anyone know where i can get the video of Sympathy for the devil from rock n roll circus on the internet?????????????????
          Yeah, right here.......

....at least until Allen Klein's hellspawn demands it be taken down.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Comment

• rocking ron
              Head Fluffer
              • Sep 2010

I'm curious if somebody knows this, I've already asked this too many ROLLING STONES fans, so if you have a lot of bootlegs go look for them, here we go....

Did they perform 'EMOTIONAL RESQUE' ever live on stage????????????????

I don't think so but.....................hey you never know.........................!!

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by rocking ron
                I'm curious if somebody knows this, I've already asked this too many ROLLING STONES fans, so if you have a lot of bootlegs go look for them, here we go....

Did they perform 'EMOTIONAL RESQUE' ever live on stage????????????????

I don't think so but.....................hey you never know.........................!!
                They never have, as far as I know. Even during the Bridges to Babylon tour, where they actually took daily requests via poll on their website, and played the winning song each night, I think "Emotional Rescue" was one of the few songs that never even came up for a vote. I know it can't be the "disco" thing, because they still play "Miss You" all the time, and they even dragged out "Dance" on the 40 Licks tour. I don't think Mick likes to do the falsetto voice live all that much, and you really can't do "Emotional Rescue" without it. (In fact I remember when that song first came out, people were calling the radio station demanding that they "get that Bee Gees shit off the air", not realizing it was the Stones! )

The entire "Emotional Rescue" album hasn't really got a lot of love from the band, really.... As I said, "Dance" finally made it into the set in 2002. "She's So Cold" was heard in 1981. They actually rehearsed "Summer Romance" for Saturday Night Live long before this album even came out, but it wasn't on the actual broadcast. And I think Keef broke out "All About You" on one of the later tours, but I couldn't say which one off the top of my head. Other than that, the record has been pretty much abandoned.
                Last edited by FORD; 04-23-2012, 02:00 PM.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• rocking ron
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Sep 2010

I think you're right about JAGGER doesn't like to sing with that falsetto voice, but I've seen//heared him singing live 'SWEET THING' from one of his solo albums with that falsetto voice

and he did this very well!!!

Comment

• Mr Walker
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

While the Keith Richards-reported news that Keith Richards is helping to make a movie about Keith Richards has, surprisingly, yet to take more concrete shape, Deadline claims that another slightly fictionalized Rolling Stones film is in the works based on Robert Greenfield's 2008 account Exile On Main Street: A Season…

While the Keith Richards-reported news that Keith Richards is helping to make a movie about Keith Richards has, surprisingly, yet to take more concrete shape, Deadline claims that another slightly fictionalized Rolling Stones film is in the works based on Robert Greenfield's 2008 account Exile On Main Street: A Season In Hell With The Rolling Stones. In descending order of the weight they were given in Greenfield's book, the story covers the era when the Stones holed up in the south of France, entertained a gaggle of '60s celebrities and assorted local characters, plowed through epic amounts of drugs, gave Greenfield the inspiration to insert overwrought Shakespeare allusions, and also happened to record an album or something. Now that plenty-well-documented time period will get another dramatic retelling courtesy of Richard Branson, who took time out of playing with his spaceships to option the film rights through the Virgin Produced arm of his vast multimedia-and-flying-machines company. Although Branson definitely has a Stones "in," having released the group's last three albums through the Virgin label, as with Keith Richards' proposed Life and the Brian Jones movie Stoned before it, the deal doesn't as yet include the music rights. Fortunately, Greenfield's book suggests you don't even really need them.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I know that article has a current date on it, but considering the Stones haven't been with Virgin records since 2006, you have to wonder if some of that info isn't recycled.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Mr Walker
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Richard Branson Buys Rolling Stones Book For Film Drama
                        By DOMINIC PATTEN Saturday April 21, 2012 @ 2:22pm PDT

EXCLUSIVE: The Rolling Stones and Richard Branson are teaming up again. Having released three Stones albums back in the 1990s on Virgin Records, Branson’s Virgin Produced has now acquired the rights to Robert Greenfield’s 2008 book Exile on Main Street: A Season in Hell with the Rolling Stones. Unlike past looks at this time in the Stones career, this film is a drama not a documentary. Like the book, the film will focus on the professional and personal relationship between head Stones Mick Jagger and Keith Richards as the band record their classic Exile on Main Street album in the south of France in the summer of 1971. Virgin Produced, partnering with City Entertainment and KippSter Entertainment, is developing the project internally. Brandon and Phil Murphy have been brought on board to write the screenplay. The Murphys, represented by Rich Cook at WME and manager Langley Perer at Mosaic, are no strangers to biopics. Among the projects on their plate currently is a Steve McQueen project for Sony and producer Jerry Weintaub. Jason Felts will serve as producer for the Stones film. Rene Rigal will oversee the project for Virgin Produced, with Joshua Maurer producing for City Entertainment and David Stern producing for KippSter Entertainment. This isn’t the only Rolling Stones film on the horizon. Brett Morgan is directing a doc on the band as part of the Stones’ 50th anniversary celebrations this year. The doc, distributed by Eagle Rock Entertainment, is out in September.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Mick is hosting and performing on the 5/19 season finale of Saturday Night Live...
                          I'll be watching hoping for the band to show up although I know it won't happen.

Comment

• Jack68
                            Commando
                            • Sep 2004

For me this is the Stones at their best.I like alot of their later stuff,i really only turn off Harlem shuffle.I love voodoo lounge..saint of me off of bridges is awesome.I think its fantastic Jagger is hosting SNL.I thought Jagger owned the awards show he was on late? last year with everybody needs somebody.

Comment

• Jack68
                              Commando
                              • Sep 2004

Speaking of had to look it up.

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                                Mick is hosting and performing on the 5/19 season finale of Saturday Night Live...
                                I'll be watching hoping for the band to show up although I know it won't happen.
                                Keith is relatively local, up in Connecticut...

or maybe a SuperHeavy set?

someone on Stonesdoug's Shidoobee site claims that the band is in NYC already.

i don't usually watch SNL but i guess i'll suffer though this one.
                                Last edited by twonabomber; 05-05-2012, 10:14 PM.
                                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...