• Dec 2003

Or her mom...

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

and bilbo baggin in the middle...
      Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
        I don't give a rat's ass about 77 or 78...that was last week and I was there...
        Fuck you, too.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Even in the 60s it sometimes took the Stones more than one album cycle to get a song right. This one turned out much better when it was re-recorded a year later for the Out Of Our Heads album......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Nov 2004

It sure sounds better on the "Out of our heads" album.

I think that it's Mick Jagger who badly wanted the band to play it, though both Keith and Brian seemed to get their kicks out of it.

It's funny how Keith started playing the "I'm free" riff in the beginning for a few seconds - but how high was he?...

Here's a version from a gig at the Olympia, Paris, in '66:

They played it close to Don Covay's original tune IMO. Even reproduced the goddamn backing falsetto. But hey, they were young...

Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 07-29-2014, 09:11 AM.
              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Nov 2004

They mostly played covers before they (Mick & Keith) were forced to write a song of theirs, locked up in their kitchen. They got out with "The Last time".

"Suzie Q" kicked ass:

I got this 4-track 7-inch 25 years ago:

Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 07-29-2014, 09:45 AM.
                posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Nov 2004

Listening to their 1963-67, it's hard not to think about how different they would have sounded in those years with the gear that appeared in '68 onward...

I don't know how come this (the '71 Marquee Club gig) was in French TV's archives, but it was:

This is how I like them best, in the first half of the 70s - but so do most Stones fans.

The "Bitch"/"Brown Sugar" ending kicks ass!

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

I'm not one to promote website promotions because most of shit and of course they sell your info to the NSA and the Illuminati (right, Trollvis?) but AllMusic.com has an interesting "giveaway" on some "vaulted Stones material.":

By the mid '70s, the Rolling Stones were easing into their second decade, something that was uncharted territory for the still somewhat relatively nascent genre of rock and roll.…

I'm not sure about the quality of these DVD's but if they are anything like their 1978 Dallas show they may be worth looking into. The snippet here looks like it been refuckingdigitized or whatthefuckever.

So enter...or not. Either way these DVD make for some good Christmas prezzies (just like Jagger Incorporated planned). You hear me, Santa, you F A T fuck?

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Love to get a poster of this:

You figure how much Jagger loves to whore out his band on merchandising shit like this would be available at a reasonable price.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

About time they put those DVD's out. They released audio of those shows via the Stones Archive site a couple of years ago. And they have posted a lot of the video from these shows to the Stones YouTube channel.

Here's what will be annoying about the LA '75 show though. Most of the footage of Keef is shot from back stage, especially when he's singing "Happy".

Why is this? Because he was so goddamn smacked up out of his mind that he was barely able to stand up. Bootleg footage of this show used to be all over YouTube, and it showed regular frontal shots of Keef singing, but this was determined to be unsuitable for commercial release, apparently. Like there's anybody on the planet who didn't know he was a junkie at the time?

Now they don't even have the "sanitized" Happy on YouTube. So you have to settle for StarFucker. Gimme a break!

I definitely have the Hampton VA '81 show on a bootleg DVD, but I'll probably buy the official version just for the better audio, if nothing else. Or ask the F A T fuck for it. Either way I should have it before too long.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                          About time they put those DVD's out.
                          Well it's not like Christmas coming up around the corner has anything to do with these releases. I just hope the audio on both of these DVD's is as decent at it is on the Dallas '78 show. And I'll be interested to see if that '75 tour pulls much off the 'Black And Blue' album.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Oddly enough, the set list from the LA show doesn't contain a single track from Black & Blue. Which is odd enough, considering "Hot Stuff" was played elsewhere on that tour. And "Melody" would have been a natural with Billy Preston on stage.

Guess they figured that since it was Woody's first tour, he should learn to play all the hits first?

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I just noticed somebody really fucked up on the set list on that page. They damn sure weren't playing "Start Me Up" on that tour.

The song did exist then..... sort of........

..... but as clearly heard here, not exactly ready for prime time.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                                I'm not one to promote website promotions because most of shit and of course they sell your info to the NSA and the Illuminati (right, Trollvis?) but AllMusic.com has an interesting "giveaway" on some "vaulted Stones material.":

By the mid '70s, the Rolling Stones were easing into their second decade, something that was uncharted territory for the still somewhat relatively nascent genre of rock and roll.…

I'm not sure about the quality of these DVD's but if they are anything like their 1978 Dallas show they may be worth looking into. The snippet here looks like it been refuckingdigitized or whatthefuckever.

So enter...or not. Either way these DVD make for some good Christmas prezzies (just like Jagger Incorporated planned). You hear me, Santa, you F A T fuck?
                                Picked up the BluRay today. Looks good, sounds good. LA '75 comes out next week.
                                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...