Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Mick Taylor on the 1981 tour? Yes, it really happened.... at least in Kansas City. Unfortunately he kinda got buried in the mix, but here it is anyway.......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      And now let's go way the fuck back before most of us were even goddamn born........

Seems that this performance is half live and half lip-synced. Geezus... make up your minds

Those chicks screaming & crying.......I didn't think it was that bad.

lol. This was cool Ford. I've never paid much attention to old Stones stuff like this. Such a trip. HHAA! That? was considered long hair? So funny. Sniper or Jhale have more hair than the whole lot of 'em together.

I wonder how many of them girls there got the Rolling Poke later that night?
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I just can't believe Brian got away with basically calling Mick a fag on TV in 1964
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Here's something you don't see every day.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills

Here's something you don't see every day.
            It was shot by French film director Jean-Luc Godard during the Beggars Banquet sessions in 1968.
            The movie is entitled "One Plus One". A very strange one, but you can see the evolution of "Sympathy for the Devil"
            from the early jam here to Keith's bass, Mick's vocals and eventually Keith, Marianne Faithfull and Brian Jones's backing
            vocals in the end.
            Really worth it.
            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Here's a ton of audio including New Barbarians, Beggar's Banquet outtakes, and the Mick Taylor 81 show.
                3 full pages of available audios.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

The Stones is my que to change the station...

They're played out...

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

So why did you click on this thread, Beavis?
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

To see if there's anything I haven't heard...

I didn't say I hated the Stones...

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

I didn't do that...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                          It was shot by French film director Jean-Luc Godard during the Beggars Banquet sessions in 1968.
                          The movie is entitled "One Plus One". A very strange one, but you can see the evolution of "Sympathy for the Devil"
                          from the early jam here to Keith's bass, Mick's vocals and eventually Keith, Marianne Faithfull and Brian Jones's backing
                          vocals in the end.
                          Really worth it.

It was Jean-Luc Godard who had the idea to get the Jefferson Airplane up on this roof and film it. The guy captured some great rock and roll history on film.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express

It was Jean-Luc Godard who had the idea to get the Jefferson Airplane up on this roof and film it. The guy captured some great rock and roll history on film.
                            I didn't know about Godard filming the Airplane too. Very... picturesque!

Jagger would ask him what his movie was about, but Godard never told him.

"One Plus One" is really weird, but it offers priceless pictures of the Stones recording
                            "Sympathy".

As far as Rolling Stones movies, I think "Ladies & Gentlemen" ('74) is the best ever done about them on stage.
                            I mean, Scorcese's is great, and certainly better as a movie properly speaking, but the Stones kicked so much more awesome fucking ass in 1974 than in 2007...
                            Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 06-18-2012, 03:50 PM.
                            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Of course there was another movie in between there.... (Not sure if this ever got an official DVD release either?)

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                                Of course there was another movie in between there.... (Not sure if this ever got an official DVD release either?)

It did get an official release on dvd a couple of years ago. Very bare bones (no extras), and I think some of the violent newsreel clips in Time Is On My Side used for the original theatrical/vhs home video release got edited out on the dvd.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...