X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I know the late night shows are off due to the writers strike, but they couldn't find anyone better than Jimmy Fallon?

Rolling Stones LIVE with Jimmy Fallon
    Wednesday Sept 6th
    Streaming globally on Stones YouTube
    2.30PM BST / 6.30AM PST / 9.30AM EST / 10.30AM BR / 3.30PM CET / 10.30PM JST / 11.30PM AEST

Last edited by twonabomber; 09-04-2023, 02:57 PM.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Worse - it will be Fallon without his writers.

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Kimmel is the best of the three, followed by Colbert. Fallon is rarely funny (although his "early versions" of songs series is hilarious).

I agree, though...they really couldn't find anyone better? Maybe they chose him because he's a good ass-kisser.
        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
          Hard to say definitively from such a short clip, but this might be a reworking of a song called "Nobody's Perfect" which was originally recorded for Dirty Work in the mid 80s. Didn't make the album, and wasn't even known in bootleg circles until that three disc set "Fully Finished Outtakes" came out in 2021.

Whether it is or isn't the same song, at least they got a better guitar sound on the new version. Just a fucking shame it ain't Charlie on the drums
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Please let it be noted: slave FORD has now proven that the Stones are all out of riffage.

At least Charlie knew when to quit.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The Stones have been re-inventing, revisiting, and updating songs for their entire career. Nothing new there. The song "Winter" on Goats Head Soup began as a drunken incoherent mess of a song called "Blood Red Wine" in 1968. Yeah, that was 5 years, compared to 37 years between Dirty Work and now... But if you consider how few albums the Stones have done in the last few decades, it's about an equivalent time span, in terms of studio time....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                The Stones have been re-inventing, revisiting, and updating songs for their entire career. Nothing new there.
                Oh, so that's what's known as having a lack of ideas. Fuckers should have hung it up back in 2005.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

You try writing songs for 60+ years and see how many ideas you come up with. Only so many chords out there. Just have to figure out how to put them together.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

God damn it. Looks like I'm going to have to school you again.

For once, the Stones did not write songs for over 60 years. Their last original material was back in 2005 over 18 years ago. Their early days were mostly covers with Keith ripping off Chuck Berry and Mick thinking he was James Fucking Brown. They are limeys after all. A lot of their shit was sub-par studio noodling leaving it up to a better producer to make some sense of Mick and Keith lazy songwriting. This is why Ron Wood was brought to remain an unaccredited writer until Mick and Keith fucked him out of royalties. Keith himself is so fucking lazy he hired Steve Jordan to finish the god damn songs for him! The Stones' 80's and 90's output was largely shit of forgettable exhausting songs that nobody wants to hear. Nobody.

Just another forgettable bag of shit record like 'Blue And Lonesome" coming your way.

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

While we're keeping score on who is cool here when it comes to the Stones let's look at the latest tally, shall we?

Kristy: 845,984,211 plus to the power of 100 billion
                      slave FORD: Negative past infinity

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Say cretins, check out this "songwriting" from over 60 fucking years ago!!!

Fucking thieves. All limeys are thieves.

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                          Kristy: 845,984,211 plus to the power of 100 billion
                          slave FORD: Negative past infinity
                          Wow. I wasn't aware of this. I always thought FORD was pretty cool...but then I'm faced with facts like these and I end up with egg on my face.

I guess I stand corrected.
                          Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                          Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I'll tell you something cool: Mick and Keith scoured every public toilet in New York and L.A. dug the shit out with their bare limey thieving hands and threw it up against the wall and what stuck they put on this record.

Justin Bieber must be so proud of them right now. For he does the very same only in Canada.

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                              like you and your Canadian frozen hillbilly and bad-toothed Brit ex-lovers...
                              Here's another cool tidbit for you at no charge whatsoever.

Want to get rid of a limey? Just show them one of these:

You're welcome.

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Live stream at 9:30 am? I don't know if I'll be awake in time.
                                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...