• Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
      I am in this picture
      The one glowing from all that radioactive toxins in Lake Eerie

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

For the love of GAWD, please hang it up

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Oh for the love of Christ, Mick! Stop fucking messing with the classics.

When I heard that the "original reggae demo" of Start Me Up was going to be included in the new Tattoo You remaster, I thought it was great news. Most versions of this on bootlegs are either muddy, at the wrong speed, have skips in the track (apparently ripped from bad vinyl??) or sometimes all three. It really deserved a proper release in it's original form.

This is NOT that......

If you strain your ears hard enough, you can hear Keef's original track from the demo in the background. But they overdubbed another Keef track on top of it. Plus Woody, including a solo that's very much like the one he plays live.... which was never part of the original demo. Charlie's drums sound like they were cut & pasted from the 1981 released version of the song. And of course, Mick had to record a vocal as his current 78 year old self, completely burying the original 1975 vocals.

This is the biggest mistake since they erased the original "drunk off their ass" vocals from "You Win Again" on the Some Girls deluxe remaster.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Thankfully, they left the overdubs to a minimum on this one. Sounds like some acoustic guitar added in. Maybe Mick sang some background vocals to himself on the chorus, but left the lead as it was. Still don't know why this wasn't released at the time they originally recorded it. Best version of the song ever recorded. Uncle Cracker my ass.......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Oh shit... here we go again....

Always wondered why they left this one in the vault. Mick was high as fuck when he recorded the original version, but his emotional delivery - in the original - fit the song perfectly.

The new vocals by Grandpa Mick? Not so much. But the rest of the song, vintage Mick Taylor era Stones, of course...

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Here's the original.... just in case you hadn't heard it before....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                        When I heard that the "original reggae demo" of Start Me Up was going to be included in the new Tattoo You remaster, I thought it was great news. Most versions of this on bootlegs are either muddy, at the wrong speed, have skips in the track (apparently ripped from bad vinyl??) or sometimes all three. It really deserved a proper release in it's original form.

This is NOT that......

If you strain your ears hard enough, you can hear Keef's original track from the demo in the background. But they overdubbed another Keef track on top of it. Plus Woody, including a solo that's very much like the one he plays live.... which was never part of the original demo. Charlie's drums sound like they were cut & pasted from the 1981 released version of the song. And of course, Mick had to record a vocal as his current 78 year old self, completely burying the original 1975 vocals.

This is the biggest mistake since they erased the original "drunk off their ass" vocals from "You Win Again" on the Some Girls deluxe remaster.
                        Reading the descriptions of the additions to the new "super deluxe" edition of Tattoo You...it's just, ugh. I suppose for diehard fans of the band every single bit of audio is some golden nugget, but more often than not with any of these deluxe versions from any group, to my ears that unreleased stuff was unreleased for the simple reason that it wasn't good enough the first time around.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Second SoFi Stadium show.

We forget that Steve Jordan isn't that young, he played on SNL and on tour with the Blues Brothers.

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                            Reading the descriptions of the additions to the new "super deluxe" edition of Tattoo You...it's just, ugh. I suppose for diehard fans of the band every single bit of audio is some golden nugget, but more often than not with any of these deluxe versions from any group, to my ears that unreleased stuff was unreleased for the simple reason that it wasn't good enough the first time around.
                            Ha! So the buyer of the new release is screwed and tattooed. Yup. Tattoo You Suckers!
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Well I overpaid for some lousy seats in Seattle to see Mick, Kieth and Charlie one last time before they died. Time waits for no one.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Ghey

Comment

Working...