• Jan 2004

WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• VHscraps
      Veteran
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by FORD
      Now you can believe it.....

New Keef, but it sounds like it could have been on Exile.......
      Sounds good. Love those choppy Keith guitar parts.

Whoever that person on drums is, I do like what's going on there too. The whole thing sounds to me like it was recorded on a ship at sea on stormy waters. How many fucking drummers and guitarists make one say that, I ask yer ...
      THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
        Sniper
        • Jan 2004

I'm sea sick...
        WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
          Is Steve Jordon playing on this latest Keith offering? Sure as shit doesn't sound like it. Does sound like Waddy Wachtel's highly annoying Strat playing trading barbs with Richards.
          It is Steve Jordan and Waddy Wachtel. Haven't heard if Charley Drayton or Ivan Neville are back.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ODShowtime
            ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

So... The Leeds '71 show from the Sticky Fingers big box set... you can download it from Pono... It destroys the old bootleg. Best Stones release since the 72 DVD.
            gnaw on it

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Another From The Vault release: Live at the Tokyo Dome, 1990. Comes out October 30.

1) Intro: Continental Drift
              2) Start Me Up
              3) Bitch
              4) Sad Sad Sad
              5) The Harlem Shuffle
              6) Tumbling Dice
              7) Miss You
              8) Ruby Tuesday
              9) Almost Hear You Sigh
              10) Rock And A Hard Place
              11) Mixed Emotions
              12) Honky Tonk Women
              13) Midnight Rambler
              14) You Can't Always Get What You Want
              15) Can't Be Seen
              16) Happy
              17) Paint It Black
              18) 20,000 Light Years From Home
              19) Sympathy For The Devil
              20) Gimme Shelter
              21) It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
              22) Brown Sugar
              23) (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
              24) Jumpin' Jack Flash

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Nov 2004

I saw this yesterday night, a 1968 Dave Frost Show I didn't know about:

posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                  posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Satan
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Here's a track from the Steel Wheels that I never heard before now. I have only heard of one disc of alternates & outtakes from that album before, and this song ain't on it.....

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• silverfish
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Mar 2007

The Rolling Stones under 24-hour armed guard after gig worker is shot dead.

Rock legends The Rolling Stones are under 24-hour armed guard during their
                      South American tour - after a worker at one of their gigs was shot dead.

Sources say the intense protection plan is being executed with “military precision”,
                      and has been stepped up after a man was shot dead in a botched attempt to steal
                      the drinks takings from their packed out show at La Plata stadium.

Get the latest news, sport, celebrity gossip, TV, politics and lifestyle from The Mirror. Big stories with a big heart, always with you in mind.
                      Originally posted by sadaist
                      I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Satan
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Here's an early take of Neighbors that recently surfaced. Mick apparently hadn't written the lyrics yet, but the rest of the band is in great form here....

Comment

• Satan
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Probably the best quality version I've ever heard from a Black & Blue sessions boot here....

Comment

• Satan
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Comment

• SunisinuS
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • May 2010

I can fall down stairs on a Guitar and hit better notes.

Originally posted by Satan
                              Probably the best quality version I've ever heard from a Black & Blue sessions boot here....

I am sorry but was that music?

It sounded like whale songs drowned in White Blondes Pool Vomit.

Do the Stones know what time signature change is? Do they have more training than Fred Flinstone? Lol I like to celebrate cerebral bands like the Stones...but they might have learned how to play an instrument? A time Change? Instead of making fun of the Beatles could they have learned "The Full Bug." Comedy. And before you explain to me how Plain Vanilla (The Stones) are rich fully articulated comfort. Just Shut The Fuck Up. I am busy giving guitar lessons to Brian Jones. Lol the Stones trying to play the Full Bug. Why do you celebrate people that TRIED and failed to learn their instruments. Punks said Screw It...and did not play instruments...but the Stones tried...and failed. And they convinced you they did? A band full of Justin Beibers' have sold you on their skills. Lol Satan you did believe in the wrong team. I am just....I am sorry, The Stones as great players.....the bar was set by them....very low.

I don't know what to say. Every note was anticipated by me on guitar, nothing new, nothing creative, and Mic talking about fucking women secretly, uh Check! If this is your Ideal of music then yes, Satan you have hell picked out fer me.

I mean this makes Punk Rockers into Shakespeare:

This is all the Stones Ever Were, glad you bought their lifestyle...as they had no music to sell:

Funny how the Tubes can Bury the stones through Elan Musk's transportation system.

0:13:34 - Space Baby is better than any Stones blues song ever written.(-----Period.
                              Last edited by SunisinuS; 04-17-2016, 07:27 AM. Reason: I am sorry, but bathing in musical confusion by people that can't play instruments is to people that can play instruments....drowning musical confusion. It means nothing. Get A Job Rolling Stones.
                              Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Woah.

Eagle Rock Entertainment will proudly release Totally Stripped by The Rolling Stones. One of the most anticipated releases in recent years, this collection features The Rolling Stones going back to the source of many of their favourite tracks, creating new stripped back versions. Selected material from studio sessions and shows presented here formed the Stripped album of 1995.

Totally Stripped is available as a DVD or SD Blu-ray containing the newly-revised documentary of the same name, or on DVD+CD or DVD+LP featuring the documentary and single CD / 2LPs compiled from live shows [Cat Nos EREDV1224 / ERSBD3024 / EAGDV055 / ERDVLP090]. Additionally a DVD or SD Blu-ray deluxe edition is available, packaged with a 60 page hard book set containing 5 discs which boasts hours of previously unavailable music (three complete shows made available for the first time ever) from this truly legendary act.

These reimagined versions lose none of their impact and emotional heft, and in fact connect with listeners in a different way. Totally Stripped itself is a brand new version of the documentary of the same name, which tells the stories of the two studio sessions and three live shows (The Paradiso in Amsterdam in May 1995, L’Olympia in Paris and Brixton Academy in London in July 1995) that make up this project. The Deluxe Edition contains a CD of favourites drawn from across the live shows and three DVDs featuring, for the first time, ever each of those shows in full.

Following the ‘Voodoo Lounge’ tour, The Stones released Stripped, an album of reconsidered, pared back renderings of some classic Stones tracks, and also a couple of carefully chosen covers. The album mixed new studio versions of tracks with some live songs. The tracks that made up Stripped were taken from two studio sessions that took place in Tokyo [March 3-5, 1995] and in Lisbon [July 23-26], and a trio of live shows in July 1995 at small concert venues in London, Paris and Amsterdam. Keith Richards commented, “There’s something about playing these small venues, the immediacy of it. Also we can keep God out the band, because on big gigs he sometimes turns up as rain or wind”.

As Mick Jagger said at the time, the aim was to “Take the best element from [MTV] ‘Unplugged’, the intimate thing of it, without actually doing it completely unplugged”. This collection is built on the power of lyric and melody, and the material here feels somehow simpler yet potent, as the songs stand on their individual timeless quality rather than on the production techniques and technical expertise that generally come as part and parcel of being the biggest band in the world.

Totally Stripped is the release that the fans have been waiting years for, a document that reveals the inner workings not only of The Rolling Stones themselves but also indeed those some of their most loved tracks. Revealing, intimate and moving, Totally Stripped is unmissable.

TRACK LISTING:

CD
                                NOT FADE AWAY – AMSTERDAM
                                HONKY TONK WOMEN – PARIS
                                DEAD FLOWERS – AMSTERDAM
                                FARAWAY EYES- LONDON
                                SHINE A LIGHT – AMSTERDAM
                                I GO WILD – PARIS
                                MISS YOU – LONDON
                                LIKE A ROLLING STONE – AMSTERDAM
                                BROWN SUGAR – PARIS
                                MIDNIGHT RAMBLER – LONDON
                                JUMPIN’ JACK FLASH – PARIS
                                GIMME SHELTER – AMSTERDAM
                                RIP THIS JOINT – AMSTERDAM
                                STREET FIGHTING MAN - AMSTERDAM

DVD1
                                ‘TOTALLY STRIPPED’ DOCUMENTARY

DVD2
                                PARADISO, AMSTERDAM / 26•MAY•95
                                NOT FADE AWAY
                                IT’S ALL OVER NOW
                                LIVE WITH ME
                                LET IT BLEED
                                THE SPIDER AND THE FLY
                                BEAST OF BURDEN
                                ANGIE
                                WILD HORSES
                                SWEET VIRGINIA
                                DEAD FLOWERS
                                SHINE A LIGHT
                                LIKE A ROLLING STONE
                                CONNECTION
                                SLIPPING AWAY
                                THE WORST
                                GIMME SHELTER
                                ALL DOWN THE LINE
                                RESPECTABLE
                                RIP THIS JOINT
                                STREET FIGHTING MAN

DVD3
                                L'OLYMPIA, PARIS / 03•JUL•95
                                HONKY TONK WOMEN
                                TUMBLING DICE
                                YOU GOT ME
                                ALL DOWN THE LINE
                                SHATTERED
                                BEAST OF BURDEN
                                LET IT BLEED
                                ANGIE
                                WILD HORSES
                                DOWN IN THE BOTTOM
                                SHINE A LIGHT
                                LIKE A ROLLING STONE
                                I GO WILD
                                MISS YOU
                                CONNECTION
                                SLIPPING AWAY MIDNIGHT RAMBLER
                                RIP THIS JOINT
                                START ME UP
                                IT’S ONLY ROCK ‘N’ ROLL
                                BROWN SUGAR
                                JUMPIN’ JACK FLASH

DVD4
                                BRIXTON ACADEMY, LONDON / 19•JUL•95
                                HONKY TONK WOMEN
                                TUMBLING DICE
                                YOU GOT ME ROCKIN’
                                LIVE WITH ME
                                BLACK LIMOUSINE
                                DEAD FLOWERS
                                SWEET VIRGINIA
                                FARAWAY EYES
                                LOVE IN VAIN
                                DOWN IN THE BOTTOMvSHINE A LIGHT
                                LIKE A ROLLING STONE
                                MONKEY MAN
                                I GO WILD
                                MISS YOU
                                CONNECTION
                                SLIPPING AWAY
                                MIDNIGHT RAMBLER
                                RIP THIS JOINT
                                START ME UP
                                BROWN SUGAR
                                JUMPIN’ JACK FLASH

Comment

Working...