X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Are the Rolling Stones Teasing an Album Named 'Hackney Diamonds'?

The Rolling Stones may be teasing a new album.

An ad recently appeared in an English newspaper called the Hackney Gazette for a company called "Hackney Diamonds." The accompanying text, which references a few Stones songs, reads: "Our friendly staff promises you satisfaction. When you say gimme shelter, we'll fix your shattered windows." Just above the "i" in "Hackney Diamonds" is the Stones' logo; at the bottom, it reads "Est. 1962," the year the band was formed.

The ad also says "Opening September 2023."

A website has also appeared, which includes a mailing list from Universal Music, the Stones’ label. On the site, an address is listed for Mare Street in the Hackney borough of London.

It's not clear what is going on here, or even if the Stones are involved, but fans believe that "Hackney Diamonds" could be the title of the band's new album. Keith Richards said that the Stones were working on new music in 2022; it would be their first record since the death of Charlie Watts.

“It'll be interesting to find out the dynamics now that [drummer] Steve [Jordan]’s in the band," Richards admitted at the time. "It's sort of metamorphosing into something else. I was working with Mick [Jagger] last week, and Steve, and we came up with some, eight or nine, new pieces of material. Which is overwhelming by our standards."

In early 2023, it was confirmed that Paul McCartney played bass on one of the new songs. Richards has also been spotted going into New York's Electric Lady Studios, and the entire band was recently seen in New York doing a photoshoot.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

If it's another greatest hits I'm gonna be pissed!
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Sir Paul just mentioned in a recent interview (during which he also talked about the forthcoming "new" Beatles track) that he played on the new Stones album that is coming soon (one song, at least). THIS HAS TO be an advertisement for a new LP.

About freaking time.
        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Track list?

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
            Track list?

AWESOME!! Where did you see this??

I like tight 11-song LPs. Less chance of filler...a nice concise album. The Stones haven't had a tight album (10-12 songs) since STEEL WHEELS in 1989 (unless one counts the blues cover LP, which was 12 songs).
            Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
              AWESOME!! Where did you see this??
              Posted by j.luisleal on Insta. Says "rumored" track list. I haven't looked at IORR to see if they disagree.

BUT

A search of the ASCAP site shows that the Andrew Watt tracks are legit. Searched the others, they are all Jagger/Richards compositions.

Last edited by twonabomber; 08-28-2023, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Wasn't familiar with the name Andrew Watt, but apparently he's worked with a lot of people. Most of them you have probably heard of... and he's pretty much all over the map in terms of the kind of music he's been involved with.

Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, when it comes to the amount of influence he apparently has over what will likely be the last Rolling Stones album ever.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Maybe Watt produced it. I'd like to see them get away from Don Was.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Apparently Watt's collaborations with Ozzy & Elton John both did pretty well. I haven't heard either record, but if that's the case, it might have something to do with why the Stones took him seriously as a producer.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                      Apparently Watt's collaborations with Ozzy & Elton John both did pretty well. I haven't heard either record, but if that's the case, it might have something to do with why the Stones took him seriously as a producer.
                      There was some good stuff on Watt's Ozzy album (collaboration with Tony Iommi).

I've been wanting them to get away from Don Was for a while. VOODOO LOUNGE was fine...and Was is a good player on his own. But his work with The Stones has been getting way too predictable and boring for so long now.

Glad there's a new producer. I hope the album is good. VOODOO LOUNGE was the last relatively consistent Stones LP of new songs.
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

The stones hired Justin Bieber's producer. Oh, this will go well.

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy

The stones hired Justin Bieber's producer. Oh, this will go well.
                          No. They hired The Wiggles' producer...so everything should go alright.
                          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

There is now a countdown on the Hackney Diamonds site.

Comment

• Mushroom
                              Commando
                              • Jul 2009

I love the Stones … but their albums since Dirty Work typically had one memorable song. Memorable is relative in this context. They haven’t put out anything memorable in decades. Ok maybe the blues covers album is ok. Conclusion: this new material will suck too. Just give it up boys. Go back to covering blues tunes. I applaud Billy Joel who has not released any new music in 30 years because he knows he can’t write anything worth listening to.

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

I cannot remember one good Stones song myself.

Comment

Working...