X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Mick Jagger to Undergo Heart Valve Replacement Surgery

Mick Jagger is set to undergo heart valve replacement surgery this week in New York City, according to the Drudge Report. The news comes two days after the Rolling Stones postponed their North American tour due to then-unspecified concerns about Jagger’s heath.

“I’m devastated for having to postpone the tour, but I will be working very hard to be back on stage as soon as I can,” Jagger wrote on Twitter after the postponement was announced. “Once again, huge apologies to everyone.”

According to Drudge, the procedure has a 95 percent success rate, and Jagger plans be able to perform again by this summer. The tour was scheduled to begin April 20 in Miami and end June 29 in Ontario. No makeup dates have been announced, though fans have been told to hold onto their tickets.

As for how or why the news broke on the Drudge Report, we’re as baffled as you are, though it’s perhaps worth noting that Jagger was spotted Sunday in Miami, where Drudge is based.

------------------------------------

Well, up until now, Mick has seemed to be in very good health for his age, so hopefully that will help his recovery, but I'm just a little bit skeptical that he's going to be running around a huge stage by summer.

Get well soon, man!
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

If he was in his 30s maybe but at 76??

I know he is crazy fit for his age but I don't see it.

The sternotomy alone is going to slow him down.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

We have tickets for the Seattle show. Funny. I saw The Stones in 81 thinking I better see them then because they were starting to look old and might not be touring in the future. Mick moved around on stage pretty damn well for his age and he didn't sound winded when he was singing. Mick Jager has nothing more to prove. Hope he recovers and still can do his thing. Usually what they do with people his age is they put a pig valve in. My dad did pretty well with one.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Meanwhile....

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            We have tickets for the Seattle show. Funny. I saw The Stones in 81 thinking I better see them then because they were starting to look old and might not be touring in the future. Mick moved around on stage pretty damn well for his age and he didn't sound winded when he was singing. Mick Jager has nothing more to prove. Hope he recovers and still can do his thing. Usually what they do with people his age is they put a pig valve in. My dad did pretty well with one.
            Maybe Mick will sing Jump Pig Jack Flash when he is back on stage then.
            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
              Maybe Mick will sing Jump Pig Jack Flash when he is back on stage then.
              What's funny is after my dad has surgery he gets a bill from a farmer for the pig the valve came out of. They raise special pigs just for the valves and my dad is like going ok I bought a whole pig. Where's the ham. Where's the bacon? The pig valves last for about ten years, My dad never had problems with his and passed away 13 years after his was put in. The advantage of having the pig valve is you don't have to take blood thinners. You do if you get an artificial valve and there can be other complications. The artificial valves last longer than the pig valves so they tend to put those in younger patients and pig valves in the older patients.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Well Keef said he finally gave up drinking this year. Good to know Keef is looking after his health. Haha!

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  Well Keef said he finally gave up drinking this year. Good to know Keef is looking after his health. Haha!
                  He quit cigarettes too. And said they were harder to kick than heroin. Not the first time I've heard that, so I believe him.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• So this is love
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by FORD
                    He quit cigarettes too. And said they were harder to kick than heroin. Not the first time I've heard that, so I believe him.
                    hum, I don`t know about Keith Richards quitting drinking?
                    https://pagesix.com/2019/04/01/as-mick-jagger-heads-for-heart-surgery-keith-richards-continues-to-defy-the-odds/[/URL]
                    Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well, Keith's definition of "quitting drinking" might be a little different than the literal one.... if I remember correctly, he actually said that he still has the occasional beer or glass of wine, but gave up the hard stuff. On balance, that's probably the healthiest decision, since moderate alcohol use actually has some health benefits, especially red wine.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                        Well, Keith's definition of "quitting drinking" might be a little different than the literal one.... if I remember correctly, he actually said that he still has the occasional beer or glass of wine, but gave up the hard stuff. On balance, that's probably the healthiest decision, since moderate alcohol use actually has some health benefits, especially red wine.
                        In other words Kieth cut his drinking down which is fine. He's probably not an alcoholic. Some people just like to drink but their body isn't chemically addicted to it. I don't drink much anymore. There is nothing more lame than seeing a bunch of drunk 50 somethings acting like they are still in high school or college. I always viewed being a drunk idiot a young person's game. Once you get older and have kids you need to be an example to it's time to cut that shit loose.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Go tell'em, Keef...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
                          Roth Army Icon
                          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Written by Mick & Charlie..... Rhythm Guitar is all Mick, Lead guitar is Keef, Woody on bass (Bill Wyman was on his honeymoon or whatever...)

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Sooo...

I went to the second Metlife Stadium show yesterday. Great show, great road trip!
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• private parts
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by twonabomber
                                Sooo...

I went to the second Metlife Stadium show yesterday. Great show, great road trip!
                                My Friend just saw them in Houston- said it was outstanding. Me? I got to see Alice Cooper this weekend and Rob Zombie and Manson last week.
                                Good shows no doubt, but I would trade all that and then some for a Stones show.
                                sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

Working...