X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• The tracks Keith sings lead on always have something special, "You got the Silver", "Before they make me run", "Too rude", "You don't have to mean it"...
      "All about you" was a great one, and special in that he bitterly told Anita a few home truths, like "always the last bith to get paid".

I may be wrong, but I think "Something happened to me" was the first song he sang in a duet with Mick Jagger (the bridge where it goes "he's not sure
      just what it was...") and the second the beautiful "Salt of the Earth" in which he sang the intro.

"Your angel steps out of Heaven" is almost country, if not thoroughly country. Another unexpected outtake I didn't know about. Cheers.
      Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 02-04-2023, 09:17 AM.
      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• It's definitely country. It was a George Jones song. Keef was a big fan of "The Possum". Even got to record with him eventually...

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• You can't more country than this!
          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Mick Jagger is launching his own line of harmonicas

nme.com
            Mick Jagger is launching his own line of harmonicas
            Ellie Robinson

Mick Jagger has announced plans to release his own limited-edition line of harmonicas.

In a statement, The Rolling Stones’ frontman called his new collaboration with whynow Music and Lee Oskar as “fantastic news”, adding that “hopefully some of them will get into the hands of young harmonica players who turn out to be the legends of the future”.

He continued: “I started to learn the harmonica after hearing the greats of the blues such as Little Walter and Sonny Boy Williamson. Since then I’ve played harmonica on so many tracks and at countless gigs over the years.”

Jagger’s excitement was echoed by Oskar, who said that he was “thrilled” to be working with the iconic frontman.

Oskar added: “When I started Lee Oskar Harmonicas with Tombo in 1983, it was my dream to create harmonicas that would not only exceed my standards but also be embraced by other music professionals. It is a dream come true that someone with Mick Jagger’s success and level of artistry chooses our harmonica system. I am honoured to be a part of this very special collaboration.”

CREDIT: Press

Jagger’s signature harmonica will cost £49.99 ($60) and is available to pre-order here. They will ship on February 8.

The harmonicas, which are limited to 2,500 units, come in 10 major diatonic keys (C, D, E sharp, E, F, F flat, G, A sharp, A and B sharp), and each will ship with a custom Mick Jagger-branded case.

Earlier this month, The Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards confirmed that “new music is on its way”. He’d previously said that he “hoped” the band would have new material recorded by the end of 2022, and that touring drummer Steve Jordan would be on hand to help the band finish their new album.

Jordan started playing with the Stones following the death of longtime drummer Charlie Watts, who passed away in August of 2021. Meanwhile, Ronnie Wood, said last October that the Stones’ new album would be released this summer, and feature some of Watts’ drumming work via archival recordings.

In the meantime, fans of the Stones can now access the rock icons’ full music catalogue on TikTok, with the band launching their own account earlier in January. It comes ahead of their ‘GRRR Live!’ album, from their 50th anniversary tour in 2012, which will be released on February 10.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• I was about to say 'Why would Jagger with all his superstardom and hundreds of millions in the bank at his age still be flogging fucking harmonicas?' but of course that's why he is where he is and I'm some guy posting shit on a message board...

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• THE ROLLING STONES 'Chronicles' Mini-Documentary Series Has Officially Launched

ABKCO Films has launched "The Rolling Stones Chronicles" series on its VEVO-hosted YouTube channel.
                  Co-produced by BBC Motion Gallery and ABKCO, "The Rolling Stones Chronicles" series consists of six
                  documentary shorts, each featuring a different '60s-era hit song by THE ROLLING STONES as its
                  soundtrack.

"The Rolling Stones Chronicles" release schedule:

* Feb. 9: "The Rolling Stones Chronicles - The Last Time" (episode 1)
                  *Feb. 16: "The Rolling Stones Chronicles - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" (episode 2)
                  *Feb. 23: "The Rolling Stones Chronicles - She's A Rainbow" (episode 3)
                  *Mar. 2: "The Rolling Stones Chronicles - Street Fighting Man" (episode 4)
                  *Mar. 9: "The Rolling Stones Chronicles - Jumpin' Jack Flash" (episode 5)
                  *Mar. 16: "The Rolling Stones Chronicles - Gimme Shelter" (episode 6)

Full story at:
                  ABKCO Films has launched "The Rolling Stones Chronicles" series on its VEVO-hosted YouTube channel. Co-produced by BBC Motion Gallery and ABKCO, "The Rolling Stones Chronicles" series consists of six documentary shorts, each featuring a different '60s-era hit song by THE ROLLING STONES as its soundt...

Episode 1:
                  Originally posted by sadaist
                  I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• 2023 tour page is up at IORR

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• IORR says there was supposed to be a tour announcement this Friday (17th) but it's been cancelled. Tour may be rescheduled to the fall. That could be more tricky if it's football season. Steelers were out of town when I saw the Stones on a Monday in PGH, field was ready for play six days later.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Some of the biggest legends in rock history appear to be joining forces, as a new report says that Paul McCartney is contributing to an upcoming Rolling Stones release.

Variety, citing “multiple sources,” claims Sir Paul “has recorded bass parts for a forthcoming Rolling Stones project being helmed by 2021 Grammy producer of the year Andrew Watt.” If that info wasn’t exciting enough, the report further suggests that McCartney’s former Beatles bandmate, Ringo Starr, will also play on the yet-to-be-announced album.

“Recording sessions took place in Los Angeles in recent weeks and, while it’s unclear which tracks will make the final cut — or whether McCartney and Starr would end up on the same song — the album’s production is nearing the mixing phase,” Variety further noted.

In 2021, Mick Jagger admitted it’d be “very difficult” to write new Rolling Stones material without late drummer Charlie Watts. However, a year later Keith Richards revealed the band had “eight or nine new pieces of material.”

News of a potential collaboration between the Stones and Beatles members is certainly music to the ears of rock fans. Historically, the legendary groups have expressed mutual admiration and respect for one another, while also engaging in a little bit of rivalry. Case in point, in 2022 McCartney called the Stones “a blues cover band,” only to have Jagger respond at a concert by joking the former Beatle would be joining the Stones onstage for a blues cover. McCartney later reached out to Richards directly to explain that the quote was taken out of context.

“I got a message from Paul saying, ‘If you’ve read this shit, it’s all out of context, believe me, boys,’” Richards reported, describing McCartney as a “great guy.”

Comment

• Long-Lost Extended 8-Track Edits of Two Rolling Stones Hits

Their 8-track version of their 1978 album Some Girls featured a different running order from the
                            editions released on vinyl and cassette, and later CD (you can see compare track listings below). It
                            also contained three cuts that, until the internet era, were never heard anywhere else. Opener "Miss
                            You" was around 50 seconds longer than the standard version, "Beast of Burden" was about 40
                            seconds longer and closer "Shattered" was around 60 seconds shorter. You can hear the longer editions
                            below.

Full story at:
                            Three tracks on the Rolling Stones' album 'Some Girls' were recut as they dealt with the limitations of the 8-track cartridge format in 1978.
                            Originally posted by sadaist
                            I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• JESUS FUCK STOP IT ALREADY! JUST...FUCKING STOP THIS NONSENSE

No one writes anything original anymore

Comment

• It's a decent cover though. If I didn't know it was Susanna Hoffs, I might think it was Diana Ross & the Supremes back in the day
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...
                                X