Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Probably been a while since I posted this one. Damn shame they left it off "Black and Blue" and an even bigger shame that they butchered the fuck out of it on "Tattoo You". It's a crime that the full song never got a legitimate release....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Nov 2004

Wayne Perkins wasn't credited here, though he played throughout the whole track. And Mick Taylor claims he collaborated in the creation of it.
      Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 03-31-2021, 06:41 AM.
      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Ironically, the solo Perkins played sounds a lot like what Mick Taylor would have done. First time I heard the edited version on Tattoo You way back in 1981, I thought it might have been one of the tracks MT played on. (it wasn't, of course. Though he did play on "Tops" and "Waiting On A Friend")
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Seven Days (and Six Woodys)... somehow I haven't seen this video before today. Even though it's apparently existed since 1979...

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Nov 2004

First time for me too. Wolfgang owes the idea to Woody.

i still prefer the Faces. Ronnie sings like a cat.
            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, vocals aren't his biggest strength. Though he did alright on his first two solo albums in the 70s. And Slide on This in 1992... probably on that one, because he had Bernard Fowler on board as his "vocal coach".

Not sure why he cloned himself 6 times for that video. I know for a fact that Mick Fleetwood played drums on the track, and Ian MacLagan probably played the keyboards. Ronnie probably did play the bass & all the guitars, including the steel though.

And the clothes he's wearing as "Keyboard Ronnie" were stolen right out of Keef's closet. It's exactly the same thing Keef was wearing at their Kilburn show in 1974!!

Last edited by FORD; 05-14-2021, 07:39 PM.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The Copacabana Beach show from the A Bigger Bang tour is being re-released. Supposedly the entire show vs what showed in theaters and in the Biggest Bang box set that Best Buy sold.

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Nov 2004

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Still think it's ironic that Woody never got to sing lead at a Stones gig. Neither did Bill Wyman, but ironically they let Billy Preston sing, and he wasn't even a full time band member....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Nov 2004

I wonder why he was given so much room during the '76 tour. He would never STFU...

Bill Wyman sang one tune, In another land in '67.
                      Bill's voice is OK, it has that laid-down, tongue-in-cheek vibe. Whereas Woody sings like a cat.
                      Besides, Mick Taylor sounds awfully boring.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

They never played "In Another Land" live though. Ironically, it might have been one of the few songs from "Satanic Majesties" that might have actually worked on stage. Remember, they didn't play anything from that record until 1989. And I'm pretty sure that "2000 Light Years From Home" & "She's A Rainbow" were the only two they ever attempted at all.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Nov 2004

I like Their Satanic Majesties Request a lot. Lots of memories linked to it, and it's so picturesque.
                          They reached the end of their psychedelic period then.
                          It's amazing how they got so radically back to the blues and rock the following year.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Seems that all the "experimental" stuff in the mid-60s was Brian's doing. And by the time of Beggar's Banquet, he was pretty much out of it, as far as any significant input into the direction of the band. It's also when they brought in Jimmy Miller as producer, so that's what set the stage for that period in the band's history (1968-1974) which was arguably their musical peak. Definitely was the case in their live performances, once Mick Taylor was on board.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Nov 2004

Those years -- '68-74 -- were definitely their peak, both in the studio and on stage, I agree.
                              The sound of the (pre-'68) sixties lessened their songs. Studio recording wasn't what it would become in the following years. I sometimes try to imagine what tunes like "It's not easy" would have sounded a few years later. Much better for sure.

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Really wish Mick was working on that "new Stones album" that's supposedly been in the works since before the Blues covers album. But at least he's working on something.....

Decent rock song. Lyrics on topic (i.e. "Highwire" or "Sweet NeoCon") probably won't end up on the list of his "Top 10 all time best works" but it beats the living shit out of most crap on the radio now.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...