Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 "The Rolling Stones" Thread - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Rolling Stones" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Great pic Rustoffa...!!

Comment

Well...

There's one bad thing about Exile...

some days before listening to that album I made a nice little riff..
        Then, I heard Soul Survivor...The Refrain..
        Bastards!
        "With a rate of fire of over 20 rounds per second, the IMI Micro Uzi is almost as fast as Yngwie Malmsteen, and 25.4 times more musical"

Worst of all... It's true..

Comment

Originally posted by Last_Child
          Well...

There's one bad thing about Exile...

some days before listening to that album I made a nice little riff..
          Then, I heard Soul Survivor...The Refrain..
          Bastards!
          ...Michael Jackson ripped that one off for "Black And White" already!

Comment

The Stones had a string of albums in the late 60's early 70's that is absolutely unmatched in the history of rock!

Beggars Banquet- (my fave!)
            Let It Bleed
            Exile on Main Street
            Sticky Fingers

AND, a great live album in the mix- Get Yer Ya Ya's Out. Check out the smoking version of Stray Cat Blues on that one!

They were simply fucking inspired during those years.
            Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

I love the new disc. Love it!!!!
              Same ole song and dance...

Comment

Gimme Shelter = fuckin awesome!!!
                gives me goosebumps! (that sounds pretty gay dosent it??!!)
                http://www.audiorevolution.com/news/...vidleeroth.gif
                "Senorita, do you need a friend? I'm in love with you
                Catch as catch, catch as catch can"

http://corroded-halo.net/mightyboosh/ep6_1.jpg
                "High crime is on in the city of lights"

Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod Kneel before Zod

Comment

uhm..

When was the Mick Taylor Period?
                  "With a rate of fire of over 20 rounds per second, the IMI Micro Uzi is almost as fast as Yngwie Malmsteen, and 25.4 times more musical"

Worst of all... It's true..

Comment

Originally posted by Last_Child
                    uhm..

When was the Mick Taylor Period?
                    About 1970-1975
                    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

NEW YORK — Ronnie Wood says the Rolling Stones will meet in a recording studio later this month "to just throw some ideas around."

The guitarist for the legendary rock group said Monday that he and the band just want "to get the feel again."

He also added that the Rolling Stones 50th anniversary is like training for something big.

"It's like working out for the Olympics or something," Wood said. "You've got to go into training. So we're going to go into training."

Wood made the comments Monday in an interview following a press conference for his exhibition, "Faces, Time and Places," which features his own paintings. It includes pieces of him and his band mates, as well as Muhammad Ali and Al Pacino.

Wood, who said he first started painting at age 3, enjoys doing it because it's a reflection of his own ideas, unlike music, which he calls "a group effort."

The exhibit launched Monday and will close June 30.

Wood's week will get busier when he is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Saturday as a member of The Faces, along with Rod Stewart. It will be the second induction for the 64-year-old Wood. The Rolling Stones were inducted in 1989.

He'll also perform a solo show at the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City, N.J., on April 21. When asked what fans should expect, he said: "Lots of surprises because I'm going to surprise myself. I don't know what the hell is coming next. The whole set list is going to be made up. I'm making it up every day now."

Wood says he would love go on a solo tour "if I had enough time, but I have too many commitments."

He also talked about possibly recording another solo album.

"Lots of people don't know I've made seven, `cause most of my albums escape; they're not released," he said, laughing. "Keith (Richards) says they all skyrocket to oblivion."

Comment

Did any one read the keef autobiog "life"
                        I really enjoyed it , I had read a couple of general music bios of people i like and they had kinda been basically not very good so I was pleasantly surprised .
                        For me it's a tough balancing act from a auto biog I want :

1. Their humerous/entertaining stories
                        2. Their version of how things happened in their story... Their version of events.
                        3. And their discription of the mechanics of what they do musically .

I wanna hear how an album was done or how they recorded stuff or even their fav chords.
                        I think life had a good mix of all of the above .... It avoided the ... "we made this album" discribed in a paragraph then a chapter on some trivial personal shite I wanna good mix ... I want the person to remember I bought the book cause I liked their music not because I wanna hear how they met the wife .. Yes am interested in that but that wasnt my primary interest I want the full story of their life without quickly skipping the musical history ..
                        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Some reason in the last 3-4 weeks I have heard Gimme Shelter somewhere just about every day. Damn that's such a fucking good song. I used to HATE Mick Jagger. Thought he was just some flaming faggot hopping all over the damn place. Finally went & saw the Stones at the LA Coliseum back in 1988 or so. One humongous concert and I have an entirely new respect & appreciation for the man. He WAS the show. The guy is utterly amazing live and I had judged him just from some photos & MTV videos. Unfair. Playing live the guy is a fucking showman extraordinaire.

Seen them at

LA Coliseum - 80,000 people
                          Jack Murphy Stadium x2 - 62,000
                          Dodger Stadium - 58,000
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Gimme shelter ... What a Stella tune
                            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Walker View Post
                              NEW YORK — Ronnie Wood says the Rolling Stones will meet in a recording studio later this month "to just throw some ideas around."

The guitarist for the legendary rock group said Monday that he and the band just want "to get the feel again."

He also added that the Rolling Stones 50th anniversary is like training for something big.

"It's like working out for the Olympics or something," Wood said. "You've got to go into training. So we're going to go into training."

Wood made the comments Monday in an interview following a press conference for his exhibition, "Faces, Time and Places," which features his own paintings. It includes pieces of him and his band mates, as well as Muhammad Ali and Al Pacino.

Wood, who said he first started painting at age 3, enjoys doing it because it's a reflection of his own ideas, unlike music, which he calls "a group effort."

The exhibit launched Monday and will close June 30.

Wood's week will get busier when he is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Saturday as a member of The Faces, along with Rod Stewart. It will be the second induction for the 64-year-old Wood. The Rolling Stones were inducted in 1989.

He'll also perform a solo show at the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City, N.J., on April 21. When asked what fans should expect, he said: "Lots of surprises because I'm going to surprise myself. I don't know what the hell is coming next. The whole set list is going to be made up. I'm making it up every day now."

Wood says he would love go on a solo tour "if I had enough time, but I have too many commitments."

He also talked about possibly recording another solo album.

"Lots of people don't know I've made seven, `cause most of my albums escape; they're not released," he said, laughing. "Keith (Richards) says they all skyrocket to oblivion."
                              Thanks for posting this!

Ronnie Wood's a realk cool guy in my book - and in so many people's book in the music field...

I love his solo stuff - even his cat's voice -, they groove a lot!

The Faces are one of my top fave bands ever - he was so great a player - and composer - back then.

Among the Stones, it's another story. I love many albums he's made with them, especially "Some Girls", but the guitars sound a little messy with Woody.
                              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                                posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

Working...
                                X