• Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Damn, I really wish El Mocambo 1977 would be the next "Vault" release. (yeah, 4 songs are on Love You Live, but they released an 81 show that had songs on Still Life, so that shouldn't stop them)

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I think this may have been the only time they played this live......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• big fatty
          Head Fluffer
          • Jul 2004

Silver train

They just played SILVER TRAIN the other night in Japan. Their official YouTube channel uploaded an old promo of it. Love this tune.

Last edited by big fatty; 03-06-2014, 02:55 AM.

Comment

• big fatty
            Head Fluffer
            • Jul 2004

June, 3, 1972.

Ran across an old article about the first show of the Exile On Main Street Tour in Vancouver where they had a riot.

( Not sure if it has already been posted as it is a long thread but figured I'd post the link anyways in case any Stones fans want to read it. )

The Rolling Stones kicked off their Exile on Main Street tour at the Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver on 3 June 1972, with Stevie Wonder opening. It was not the Stones’ best performance, but it was si…

Here is an audio bootleg of the show recently uploaded.

Last edited by big fatty; 03-06-2014, 02:52 AM.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Rare stones never hurt, especially if you discover a gem along the way.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Nov 2004

Now, this is awful... Condolencess, MR Jagger...

News
                World news
                United States

Designer L'Wren Scott, partner of Mick Jagger, found dead in New York

Jagger ‘completely shocked and devastated’ after Scott, 49, reportedly found hanged in her Chelsea apartment

Share 416
                inShare2
                Email

Jon Swaine in New York and Rosie Swash in London
                theguardian.com, Monday 17 March 2014 17.07 GMT
                Jump to comments (27)

L'Wren Scott with Mick Jagger. L'Wren Scott with Mick Jagger. Photograph: Ian Langsdon/EPA

L’Wren Scott, the designer, former model and partner of Sir Mick Jagger, was found dead at her home in New York on Monday morning in an apparent suicide.

A spokesman for Jagger told the Guardian in an email that the singer, who had just arrived in Australia on tour, was “completely shocked and devastated by the news”.

New York police sources said that Scott, 49, was found by her assistant at her apartment on 11th Avenue in Manhattan’s Chelsea neighbourhood at about 10am.

An NYPD spokesman confirmed in a statement that “officers discovered a 49-year-old female unconscious and unresponsive” and that she was declared dead at the scene. Scott is believed to have been found hanged. “The investigation is ongoing and the medical examiner will determine the cause of death,” said the police spokesman.

Scott created acclaimed womenswear collections, and styled some of Hollywood’s biggest names. She also worked as a designer and consultant for costumes on several major films.

The most recent show for her eponymous collection was scheduled to take place in London during fashion week last month. However, it was abruptly cancelled, apparently due to “production delays”.

Jagger, with whom Scott had been romantically involved since 2001, had just arrived in Perth when he learned of her death. A spokeswoman for Scott was not available to discuss the incident.

Originally named Luann Bambrough, Scott was adopted and raised by Mormon parents in the city of Roy, in northern Utah, where she graduated from high school in 1985. Scott learned to sew and make clothes as a girl. She once said that her “frugal” upbringing – by a father who worked in insurance and was a bishop in the local Mormon temple, and a mother employed at the local bank – was influential on her future style.

Scott, who was 6ft 3in tall, was spotted at 17 by the photographer Bruce Weber, who cast her with a then-boyfriend in an advertisement for Calvin Klein. After Weber advised her to move to Paris for more modelling work, she scraped money together from babysitting jobs to buy a one-way ticket. Once in France she changed her name and modelled for Chanel. Her legs also made an appearance as the hands of a clock in a memorable advertisement for Pretty Polly tights made by British photographer David Bailey.

By 1994, tired of “being objectified” as a model and being told she was too tall for runway work, she moved to California and worked as a stylist with the acclaimed photographer Herb Ritts, for magazines such as Vanity Fair. She reportedly first met Jagger on a shoot with Ritts.

Scott also worked on costumes for Stanley Kubrick’s 1999 film Eyes Wide Shut, the 2007 ensemble blockbuster Ocean’s Thirteen, and Shine A Light, a 2008 documentary on the Rolling Stones that was directed by Martin Scorsese.

She was frequently reported to be on the verge of marrying Jagger, with whom she lived in London and France, and who was 21 years her senior. Yet even in 2010, nine years into their relationship, Jagger described her as someone he was “kind of dating”. Jerry Hall, his ex-wife, once reportedly said of Scott: “I think she’s better at dealing with him than I am.”

Early in their relationship, the couple denied rumours that Scott had become a Yoko Ono-style figure, critical of the appearance and raucous lifestyle still enjoyed by the veteran band. In a joint interview given to Womenswear Daily, she stressed the limits to her influence. “Mick really has his own style, and he is quite opinionated about how he wants to look,” she said. “At the end of the day, [the performer] has to feel good in it. It’s not you or I dancing and prancing out there.”

Scott launched her first collection as a designer in 2006 and had since styled a diverse range high-profile women such as first lady Michelle Obama, Oprah Winfrey, and A-List actors such as Angelina Jolie, Nicole Kidman, Amy Adams and Penelope Cruz, who all wore her work on red carpets. She was perhaps best-known for her so-called “headmistress” dress, a favourite of Madonna’s.

Working in an industry lambasted for its unrealistic portrayal of women, Scott won plaudits for her practical designs. “You have to think about your customers – they’re a huge variety of women, from across the world, with different needs, and in different shapes and sizes,” she told an interviewer in 2011. “I’m not interested in making clothes for 12-year-olds,” she said in 2006. “These are for women.”

Her designs were especially kind to tall women. Standing so tall herself and possessing, according to Vogue, 42in legs, she understood the need for elegant designs that flattered them. Scott channelled Golden Age Hollywood glamour both in her designs and in the clothes she wore, but offset her vampish designs with an approachable and open nature.

She was trusted by the celebrities she dressed, and carried that personal touch into her work as a designer. Being pictured on the red carpet as often as her clientele gave Scott an edge over her peers. In an industry in which designers often maintain an aloof distance from the public, Scott bridged the gap between womenswear and its wearers.

Despite being immersed in the money, glamour and absurdity of Hollywood, Scott once said that she preferred spending her weekends driving with Jagger to explore old castles and old churches. She frequently struck a thoughtful tone in interviews that set her apart.

“You’ll see the most perfect person and you are like, God, she’s, like, perfect,” she told Harpers Bazaar about her famous clients in 2011. “And then she’ll tell you everything that’s not perfect. Everyone has their own special set of problems – in their own minds.”

• In the UK, the Samaritans’ helpline is 08457 909090. In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Both are available 24 hours a day.

Jagger ‘completely shocked and devastated’ after Scott, 47, reportedly found hanged in her New York apartment
                posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

How exactly does a 6'3" woman hang herself from a doorknob?
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

On her knees, scarf/rope tied to doorknob and around her neck, and leaning forward, putting tension on the scarf/rope. I don't watch CSI so someone will have to correct me.

But yeah, that's just awful. I had read on my FB that the show was cancelled, then on break at work when they ran the story on the news I only really heard "Jagger" and "girlfriend" and figured he got caught cheating again. Just got home and Googled it and saw the real story. Surprised she wasn't with him on tour.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

bought to tix last night (one minute after opening the website)

want to go with my daughter, like my dad went with me in the early 80's. sad shit...
                      Roth Army Icon
                      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

STONES REVIEW

I have been to the concert last week in Berlin! the last time I saw them was in 1991. So now here I am with my daughter and my missus (payed a bit over 800$ for the tix) along with 22.000 people from 6 to 76. what an audience. in the VIP section are a view german celebs and right before the concert starts all the guys from AEROSMITH (with Liv Tyler) and the Scorpions enter the scene. they played the night before and obviously stayed to watch the show.

I don't want to go too deep into details, but I don't know how they fucking do it. it's some time machine thing or so. this band is so ridiculously good that it's unreal. and the best part of it. they are enjoying it. there is more interaction between Keef and Mick that night than probably was during the whole 80'ies. and it's not that they "deliver" or they "put on a great show". No...these old farts are just killing it and working their asses of for 2h and 15 minutes! is it perfect? hell no. mick fucked up some lines in Honky Tonk Women...Keef missed the very first chord in Start Me UP! but who gives a shite! it's a fucking blues band...still...and they rock!!!

and later in the show out comes Mick Taylor. and they show how the blues is played. three guitars and Mick on the harp...out comes Lisa Fisher and gets her solo spot and you think how did they manage to make aretha franklin sing backround for them. 22.000 people standing and dancing and singing along...and steven tyler dancing like crazy!

at one point of the show I looked over to my 19 years old daughter and I was missing my dad who died much too soon and who was there in 1965 when they destroyed the whole place after the Stones only played 20 minutes or so. with a tear in my eye I hoped he looked down from somewhere and was a proud father and grandfather.

I am very grateful that I had the chance to see them again. it was worth every penny because there are some things that money just can't buy.
                        Roth Army Icon
                        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Nov 2004

Thank you DLN for this happy review. I'm glad you enjoyed that much!

They were in Paris this week-end. I'm sure you're right when you say the show is worth the ticket prices. But well, I paid 200 French francs in June 1990 to seee them, that was maybe $25 of those days - I dunno how much it would be today, but surely much less...

Long as Charlie can play like he still does - man how he hits his kit! -, the Stones will keep on rolling.
                          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Bought this last week:

Sooooooooooooooooooo fucking sucked! The 1978 show from Dallas is way better. I don't know if that's due to a young(er) Keith or a uglier Mick but the Stones have become boring as they grown older.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Nice...

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Comment

Working...