No announcement yet.

"The Rolling Stones" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They should have put this one in "Love you live" instead of those shitty versions of "Get off of my cloud" or "Fingerprint file", or even "If you can't rock me". Those tracks suck dwarf balls on that record.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise View Post
      They should have put this one in "Love you live" instead of those shitty versions of "Get off of my cloud" or "Fingerprint file", or even "If you can't rock me". Those tracks suck dwarf balls on that record.
      Yep.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• First live performance of this one.... which was recorded for Black N Blue, but wouldn't actually be released until Tattoo You, 4 years later.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Who the Hell knew there was a video for this??

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• I didn't, though I like Monkey Grip a lot.
            Found a second-hand American vinyl a couple of decades ago.
            It's a slow poison, gets into your blood progressively and never gets out of it.
            Er, mine, at least.
            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Opening night setlist. Supposedly they've never played Out Of Time live

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Yeah, they didn't play much live from the Aftermath album. By the time that album was released, they had already stopped touring for 3 years. "Under My Thumb" & "Lady Jane" were on the 1966 tour, and of course "Under My Thumb" would be on the set list in 1969 & again in 1981 (with random appearances here and there in later tours) but I think that's about it for songs from that album being performed live. "Out of Time" was one of the best songs on that record, so I can't believe they have never played it.

But considering they're a band that's been around for 60 years, and is now down to 2 original members.... the title "Out of Time" takes on a whole new meaning, doesn't it?

And here it is......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Paint It Black was on the US version of Aftermath, so I guess that counts... but it didn't show up in the set until 1989.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Originally posted by FORD View Post
                    Yeah, they didn't play much live from the Aftermath album. By the time that album was released, they had already stopped touring for 3 years. "Under My Thumb" & "Lady Jane" were on the 1966 tour, and of course "Under My Thumb" would be on the set list in 1969 & again in 1981 (with random appearances here and there in later tours) but I think that's about it for songs from that album being performed live. "Out of Time" was one of the best songs on that record, so I can't believe they have never played it.

But considering they're a band that's been around for 60 years, and is now down to 2 original members.... the title "Out of Time" takes on a whole new meaning, doesn't it?

And here it is......

The Stones toured until 1965. They didn't in 1966-68, surely due to Brian Jones's state.

They lost themselves in 1967, lost their musical direction IMO. Until they released Jumping Jack Flash, which was like their resurrection.

Aftermath was a very good album, and some songs from Between the Buttons, Their Satanic Majesties' Request or even Flowers are really great.

Out of Time is one of my vey least favorite though.

Comment

• They were definitely playing live shows in 1966, since their first live album was recorded in October of that year, and released in December...

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• I love Wikipedia for some things...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._concert_tours

You can find this corroborated across the internet... so it must be true

Concert tour chronology

September–November 1963 – British Tour 1963
                        January 1964 – 1st British Tour 1964
                        February–March 1964 – 2nd British Tour 1964
                        June 1964 – 1st American Tour 1964
                        August 1964 – 3rd British Tour 1964
                        September–October 1964 – 4th British Tour 1964
                        October–November 1964 – 2nd American Tour 1964
                        January 1965 – Irish Tour 1965
                        February 1965 – Far East Tour 1965
                        March 1965 – 1st British Tour 1965
                        26 March–3 April 1965 – 1st Scandinavian Tour 1965
                        April 1965 – 2nd European Tour 1965
                        April–May 1965 – 1st American Tour 1965
                        15–18 June 1965 – Scottish Tour 1965
                        24–29 June 1965 – 2nd Scandinavian Tour 1965
                        September 1965 – 2nd Irish Tour 1965
                        September 1965 – 4th European Tour 1965
                        September–October 1965 – 2nd British Tour 1965
                        October–December 1965 – 2nd American Tour 1965
                        February–March 1966 – Australasian Tour 1966
                        March–April 1966 – European Tour 1966
                        June–July 1966 – American Tour 1966
                        September–October 1966 – British Tour 1966
                        March–April 1967– European Tour 1967
                        November–December 1969 – American Tour 1969
                        August–October 1970 – European Tour 1970
                        March 1971 – UK Tour 1971
                        June–July 1972 – American Tour 1972
                        January–February 1973 – Pacific Tour 1973
                        September–October 1973 – European Tour 1973
                        June–August 1975 – Tour of the Americas '75
                        April–June 1976 – Tour of Europe '76
                        June–July 1978 – US Tour 1978
                        September–December 1981 – American Tour 1981
                        May–July 1982 – European Tour 1982
                        August 1989–August 1990 – Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle Tour
                        August 1994–August 1995 – Voodoo Lounge Tour
                        September 1997–September 1998 – Bridges to Babylon Tour
                        January–June 1999 – No Security Tour
                        September 2002–November 2003 – Licks Tour
                        August 2005–August 2007 – A Bigger Bang Tour
                        November 2012–July 2013 – 50 & Counting Tour
                        February–November 2014 – 14 On Fire
                        May–July 2015 – Zip Code Tour
                        February–March 2016 – América Latina Olé Tour 2016
                        September 2017–November 2021 – No Filter Tour
                        June–July 2022 – Sixty Tour

Comment

• OK you caught me on that one.... I didn't know they played any shows in 1967.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• My friend's mom tells us about going to see the Stones at Cleveland's Public Hall in 1964. Small crowd, around 1000 fans. I think she saw the Beatles at the Stadium too.

There used to be a little club in Mentor called Hullabaloo. She saw Rod Stewart and the Faces there. Building long gone, it's a Men's Warehouse now.
                            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Originally posted by FORD View Post
                              OK you caught me on that one.... I didn't know they played any shows in 1967.
                              Too busy watching Puke Yuger would be my guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                                Too busy watching Puke Yuger would be my guess.
                                Don't think TYT was around in 1967, so that wasn't it.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...
                                X