"The Rolling Stones" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I don't miss the Kingdome at all. What an ugly eyesore that thing was.
    LOL!

1970s architecture at it's finest.

Comment

• Originally posted by FORD View Post
      The truly ugly thing about it was the acoustics inside. It was a little better in the 90s after they added the ceiling tiles, but those earlier shows... you were never sure if it was a rock concert or a supercross show. And of course the Seahawks games that were so loud they made John Elway cry like a baby.
      Saw Billy Joel at Safeco Field. Much better than the old raggy Kingdome.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Good riddins

Comment

• I'd hate to see them do an uncontrolled demolition...

Heavy clouds of yellow, white and gray dust billowed out seconds after the first explosions at 8:30 a.m., obscuring the final view of the carefully orchestrated implosion.

Dust choked downtown for nearly 20 minutes, blocking out the sun and leaving a layer of film on cars, streets and storefronts. The dust cloud reached nearly as high as the top of the Bank of America Tower and drifted northwest about 8 miles an hour.

“It was like Mount St. Helens going off, and then all these people just started running,” said Jeff Chabot, a National Barricade employee whose company had cordoned off the streets around the Kingdome. “It was wild.”
          Last edited by Seshmeister; 05-11-2018, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• Keith Richards Explains How He Got Rid Of Trump Nearly 30 Years Ago
            Ed Mazza 8 hours ago

Guitarist Keith Richards was once so angry at Donald Trump that he pulled out a knife ― when the future president wasn’t in the room ― and stabbed a table.

The rock icon told the BBC that back in 1989, Trump was the promoter of the Rolling Stones’ “Steel Wheels” tour dates in Atlantic City. When the band arrived, however, they found Trump’s name in huge letters and the band’s name in much smaller type.

“I got out my trusty blade, stuck it in the table and said: ‘You have to get rid of this man!’” Richards told the BBC. “Now America has to get rid of him. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!”

Concert promoter Michael Cohl told a version of Richards’ story in 2015, saying Trump had agreed to host a pay-per-view event featuring the Stones in Atlantic City. But the band wanted nothing to do with him ― and when Trump turned up, Richards ordered Cohl to get rid of him.

“Keith pulls out his knife and slams it on the table and says, ‘What the hell do I have you for? Do I have to go over there and fire him myself?” Cohl recalled, per the Los Angeles Times. “One of us is leaving the building – either him or us.’”

In 2015, Richards told Billboard that Trump was “refreshing” and “cut through a lot of crap.” Yet that wasn’t exactly an endorsement.

“Can you imagine President Trump? The worst nightmare,” Richards said. “But we can’t say that. Because it could happen. This is one of the wonders of this country. Who would’ve thought Ronald Reagan could be president?”

Mick Jagger also commented on Trump in the new BBC interview, saying he’s puzzled by the president’s use of the band’s song “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” at his events.

“It’s a funny song for a play-out song ― a drowsy ballad about drugs in Chelsea!” Jagger told the BBC. “It’s kind of weird. He couldn’t be persuaded to use something else.”

The latest leg of the band’s “No Filter” European tour begins on Thursday.

YAHOO LINK
            Last edited by Nickdfresh; 05-15-2018, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Rolling Stones, Croke Park, Dublin, 5/17/18

"Sympathy for the Devil"
              "Tumbling Dice"
              "Paint It Black"
              "Just Your Fool"
              "Ride 'Em on Down"
              "Neighbours"
              "Wild Horses"
              "You Can't Always Get What You Want"
              "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)"
              "Honky Tonk Women"
              "Before They Make Me Run"
              "The Worst"
              "Miss You"
              "Midnight Rambler"
              "Start Me Up"
              "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
              "Brown Sugar"
              "Gimme Shelter"
              "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"

Story & clips at:
              ultimateclassicrock.com/rolling-stones-no-filter-2018-tour-launch/
              Originally posted by sadaist
              I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Here was me thinking that Jerry just married the old cunt for his money and it turns out it was actually because his gut reminded her of Mick...

Comment

• Mick might look like the Grinch but the man can still move on stage. Most people half his age couldn't dance around and sing like that for two hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
                    Here was me thinking that Jerry just married the old cunt for his money and it turns out it was actually because his gut reminded her of Mick...

holy shit...
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• The Rolling Stones.... part of your nutritious breakfast.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Who knew there was a country version??

Last edited by FORD; 07-17-2022, 08:10 PM.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Hell why not some real country while we're at it.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• NEW ROLLING STONES BOOK EXPLORES RONNIE WOOD’S SET LIST ARTWORK

Ronnie Wood revealed a limited-edition book exploring the artistic set lists he created for each Rolling Stones tour in November 2018.

'During rehearsals, I draw up set lists on big canvases, putting down the songs and the keys they're in. We hang these set lists on the rehearsal room walls so we know where we've been and where we're going.' Ronnie Wood Over the last two decades, the songs that the Rolling Stones have played in rehearsals, live shows and studio sessions have been recorded by Ronnie Wood in a series of hand-painted set lists. The result is a unique collection of canvases that document sell-out tours across the globe, such as the band's landmark 50 & Counting tour, historic concerts such as 2016's performance in Havana, as well as closed-door sessions for their latest album, Blue & Lonesome. Now for Genesis subscribers and for all fans of the Rolling Stones, we are delighted to present Ronnie Wood's painted set lists for the first time. Choose from two new limited editions, each signed by Ronnie Wood. 'Captures the huge range of songs the Stones will bring to life during one of their tours.' Financial Times 'An insight into the Stones' development an epic tome.' Matt Everitt, BBC Radio 6 Music 'A new twist on the list.' Mick Jagger

Actually looks like a pretty cool item.
                              Originally posted by sadaist
                              I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• 16 date US tour in the works. Tongues are showing up near rumored venues. Seattle, Chicago, NYC, Miami, Jacksonville.

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...
                                X